• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

L.O.R.D

Guys I found an early leak of the game actually.
Press A on your keyboard to awesome.

http://sebastianwiberg.se/ryse/

OMG
i can't believe it
ITS WORKS ON MY 3DS !!!
4KvAOKl.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
See, the thing about this thread that is strange to me is that the "A" button is not an attack button, from what I recall. Those "A" prompts really don't have any relation to attacking and are not QTE prompts.

I believe it was just X and Y used to attack with the A button potentially acting as a parry move as well as a "pick up weapons" button. So those shots with a flashing A button really don't make sense in the context of the game.

The QTE prompts, which only occur when an enemy is killed, appear in the form of a colored outline around the enemy.

While the game is not exactly complex and nuanced, it is nowhere near as basic as people seem to believe either. It's really very much in line with God of War.

Binabik15

Guys I found an early leak of the game actually.
Press A on your keyboard to awesome.

http://sebastianwiberg.se/ryse/

Give that man the ten thousand dollars!

PS: off-topic, but all tabletop gamers that like gladiators should check out Arena Rex, the minis from the KS aare largely turning out fantastic with just a few stinkers. So cool that I'm sculpting my own guys in anticipation.

Boss Man

Ryse (more so), Dead Rising 3 and Knack all look overly shallow, simplistic and mindless imo. But we shall see. Graphically though Ryse and Knack look solid, DR3 looks and runs almost current gen. Hopefully they can tidy it up. I do appreciate there's a lot going on in DR3 hence sacrifices have to be made, but I still think it looks sub par and that similar games will look considerably better going forward.
I agree on all fronts, but I think this is all just a typical consequence of launch games isn't it?

Laugh it up, but you are all gonna look stupid when they turn on them cloudz.
I have been told of a certain sea snake which has a very unusual method of attracting its prey.

It will lie at the bottom of the ocean as if wounded. Then its enemies will approach, and yet it will lie quite still.

And then its enemies will take little bites of it, and yet it remains still.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I have been told of a certain sea snake which has a very unusual method of attracting its prey.

It will lie at the bottom of the ocean as if wounded. Then its enemies will approach, and yet it will lie quite still.

And then its enemies will take little bites of it, and yet it remains still.

Is Ryse worth one good man's money? We believed it once. Make us believe it again. It was a game from Crytek. Honor it.

Is Ryse worth one good man's money? We believed it once. Make us believe it again. It was a game from Crytek. Honor it.
Five thousand of Crytek's staff are out there in the freezing mud. Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved. Two thousand will never leave this place.

I will not believe they kludged and crunched for nothing.

Metfanant

No way I'd purchase this game at launch without being able to see at least a few reviews first...too many alarms and red flags

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Patch 1.1: In response to concerns about the game being too hard, now any button will do, not just A.

I laughed.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Five thousand of Crytek's staff are out there in the freezing mud. Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved. Two thousand will never leave this place.

I will not believe they kludged and crunched for nothing.

Three months from now, I will be launching my game. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, being trolled on the internet with no sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are at NeoGAF, and you're already dead!

Brothers, what we do before launch echoes in eternity.

5 of the 6 you mention are hardly known for their reliable reviews. As for hyperbole, my saying HS and Lair are terrible isn't hyperbole. It's fact.

Just as some would consider something like Deadly Premonition terrible, I personally don't believe it and consider it one of the best experiences I've had this generation, but I can fully understand why some people would hold the view the game is terrible.

The fact that you can't accept some consider the two games to be terrible tells me that you're not open to accepting any criticism towards those games at all and thus have no place in calling anyone else out over being hyperbolic or not knowing what the word means.

I mean your initial response to this back and forth was essentially defending those games against someone comparing them to Ryse and you have the nerve to call someone else out over being hyperbolic.

Jesus.

Wow. Where to begin...

Okay, so suddenly any good review for Heavenly Sword doesn't count. Got it.

I can easily accept that some people consider them terrible games. It's called an opinion. Just like you have an opinion on Deadly Premonition that may be different from others.

But you keep saying it's a 'fact' that those games are terrible...that's what you're still not understanding.

Why is it an opinion when someone trashes Deadly Premonition, but a 'fact' when someone trashes HS or Lair?

Are you seriously that thick-skulled that you can't see what I'm getting at? You just argued both sides in one post and don't even realize it.

Three months from now, I will be launching my game. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, being trolled on the internet with no sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are at NeoGAF, and you're already dead!

i0O532W9H2yfB.gif

Strength and Honor.

ps: I loved Heavenly Sword.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
http://i.minus.com/i0O532W9H2yfB.gif[/IM G]

Strength and Honor.

ps: I [I]loved [/I]Heavenly Sword.[/QUOTE]

Fuck yeah. Heavenly Sword was awesome. Shame about the lack of sequel.

Orca

Not really surprised multiplayer looks worse. The game shouldn't have had multiplayer in the first place.

MegalonJJ

Banned

Ballmer! Release my men. Senator Mattrick is to be reinstated. There was a dream that was Ryse. It shall be realized. These are the wishes of Bill Gates..

Ryse is just one of those games that you could tell the moment you saw the gameplay that it was going to be a mess. What can you do though.

Brera

Banned
Is this the roman game?

Even if it looked like Titanfall, it would still flop cos no one likes that setting!

Top Bottom