• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Peer Schneider: "the NX is a complete reboot for Nintendo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NX is going to be powerful...

Compared to the Wii U, that is.
That's how Nintendo consoles/systems should be judged because anything else would be being naive to how Nintendo handles hardware.
This isn't the old days, this is modern day Nintendo.
How is their new system power-wise compared to the last???
Sometimes it's impressive(GameCube), sometimes not so much(Wii).
Sounds to me that this versatile new system will be easily more powerful than the Wii U and more flexible.

PetrCobra

The fact that VC is still a viable stream of revenue even at the price they are in this.

The year 2016.

Means a lot of people will probably be more than okay with playing old games at an even lower price. A price that is not expensive by a long shot. You can get a bunch of newer indie games for a few bucks, but you're not getting NES games for a few bucks. That's sort of the whole point.

I know that folks are often trying to look the other way and pretend that buying NES games from overpriced Nintendo's VC is the only way you can play them nowadays, but the reality is, you can easily emulate the entire NES catalogue on anything from a microwave to your mobile phone, including the device you're using now to read this post.

So having access to the same thing for a few hundred dollars instead, and potentially in a lower quality as well (the Wii U VC is getting a lot of bad press) is a bit of a hard sell if you ask me.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm a console gamer primarily but I absolutely agree with you and I'm fine with it.

Nintendo had to make a choice and the sales numbers speak volumes. Their best bet is handheld with mobile integration. TV-out is a nice bone to throw the console-oriented players. I'm thrilled at the idea of a hybrid because there was no way Nintendo was going to fit in with the power race going on between Microsoft and Sony.

Also, put me in the camp that's happy with Nintendo avoiding the race to release a better mid-generation system. The whole PS4 Pro vs. Scorpio thing is completely un-Nintendo. If they can fit in their own bubble and self-sustain then GOOD.

That's a terrible excuse. Did Nintendo give up just because the Gamecube under perform?

No. They went out and made the single most disruptive console ever with no restrictions. Failure gave them that freedom. And now because the Wii U failed, they're gonna use the Wii U design again and turn it into a hybrid which is gonna pretty much kill their console line? I feel fooled by this notion.

Seems crazy to me.

I don't believe it actually.

I like the idea of the video streaming services.

* 4K GAMING! (Extremely simple iOS type puzzle games on TV while docked)
* 4K Video Streaming (4K Video Streaming service, output at 720p on Handheld Screen allowing user to watch Netflix in bed etc...)
* 1080p (Gaming while docked/powered)
* 720p (Gaming while on handheld)

This way they can still use and not be left behind with the 4K marketing options that Sony/MS have up their sleeves.

Doesn't matter if the system barely uses it but to be able to have a 4K icon on the box/spec sheet will keep the casual/faux techy gamer happy. "If they can all do 4K, why would I buy this $499 Xbox Scorpio/$399 PS4 Pro over this $249 NX and I can't even watch Netflix in bed?"

Malus

That's a terrible excuse. Did Nintendo give up just because the Gamecube under perform?

No. They went out and made the single most disruptive console ever with no restrictions. Failure gave them that freedom. And now because the Wii U failed, they're gonna use the Wii U design again and turn it into a hybrid which is gonna pretty much kill their console line? I feel fooled by this notion.

Seems crazy to me.

I don't believe it actually.

Well, a lot of people view the Wii as Nintendo giving up on competing with Microsoft and Sony (at least in terms of high price and high horsepower products).

What they're rumored to be doing now doesn't seem all that different. Low price, low power. The fusion of handheld and home console lines may have to do with the increased difficulty of supporting multiple platforms, especially as handheld games get more and more complex.

I just remembered we're supposed to get Pokémon news on the 20th and that's Tuesday...ugh come on. That only leaves Monday, Wednesday or Thursday. Monday seems very unlikely which leaves Wednesday or Thursday to hear any NX news.

Snakeyes

Nintendo had to make a choice and the sales numbers speak volumes. Their best bet is handheld with mobile integration. TV-out is a nice bone to throw the console-oriented players. I'm thrilled at the idea of a hybrid because there was no way Nintendo was going to fit in with the power race going on between Microsoft and Sony.
They don't need to. Unless the hybrid starts flying off the shelves at Wii levels or Nintendo are totally creatively bankrupt on how to make an appealing system built for home use that isn't an abomination like the Wii U or a POWAH box like PS and Xbox, I would expect them to release a home console somewhere down the line. Whether this is just a Shield TV variant of the hybrid or something that differentiates itself a bit more remains to be seen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I just remembered we're supposed to get Pokémon news on the 20th and that's Tuesday...ugh come on. That only leaves Monday, Wednesday or Thursday. Monday seems very unlikely which leaves Wednesday or Thursday to hear any NX news.

October is fine.

Instro

Well, a lot of people view the Wii as Nintendo giving up on competing with Microsoft and Sony (at least in terms of high price and high horsepower products).

What they're rumored to be doing now doesn't seem all that different. Low price, low power. The fusion of handheld and home console lines may have to do with the increased difficulty of supporting multiple platforms, especially as handheld games get more and more complex.

Curious to see how low price this device ends up being. Cant imagine any less than $199 although it probably needs to be.

AzaK

I get that, and I respect your outlook on games. I think a lot of enthusiast gamers share that outlook. Not to be snarky, but you are not representative of the much larger market Nintendo seems to be targeting. Sony and MS (and the PC) pretty much have the "sit at home and be immersed" market sown up tight. It makes no sense for Nintendo to continue sucking hind tit there. They are going for another Wii, not in regard to hardware specifics, but in regard to mass market viability. In that sense, Sony and Microsoft have not only captured the power-console market, but they also both have upcoming iterations that pretty much ensure their dominance in the home console space.

Nintendo cannot compete in that arena. At all. They are a game company. It seems to me that they are going for affordability, versatility, and ubiquity over a singular, powerful home experience. Luckily, they make some of the best games that have ever been made and are not afraid of taking chances, so they can make this kind of thing work if they execute it well.

It makes a lot of sense for what kind of company Nintendo is, imo.

I agree HH is Nintendo's strength. They have, entirely through their own fault, lost the home console space. However they do have a lot of games that are full console experiences like Zelda, Mario 3D, Metroid etc. They could have (Maybe they will but I doubt it) offered a separate home console unit that plays all the same games but it's not looking like it unfortunately.

ggx2ac

Curious to see how low price this device ends up being. Cant imagine any less than $199 although it probably needs to be.

It's always possible. I mean to say, I can see how it could be $199.

Compared to the Wii U:

• It doesn't have a disc drive.
  • Its box is expected to be smaller, this is for shipments, the more NX they can fit in one shipment, the cheaper it is.
  • The box would be bigger than a 3DS box, it has to fit the dock, power adapter and HDMI cable. (Unless they finally give USB charging a go and replace the power adapter with a USB-C cord.)

I can't think of anything else, basically, as long as the box of the NX isn't as big as the Wii U box. They could save money on shipments, the design of a handheld is usually more cheaper to make because it is smaller than a home console and it doesn't use a disc drive so that means less parts.

The dock at the moment is only expected to have usb ports and HDMI, it could also have features as someone speculated before like an ARM chip so you could download something while you are away and come back home to get ready to play the game you downloaded.

Edit: Oh, they better be using USB type-C. I read it can output up to 20 volts and 5 amps. That means Nintendo could save a lot not having to make a power adapter which saves space in boxes and saves money for shipments.

That's how Nintendo consoles/systems should be judged because anything else would be being naive to how Nintendo handles hardware.
This isn't the old days, this is modern day Nintendo.
How is their new system power-wise compared to the last???
Sometimes it's impressive(GameCube), sometimes not so much(Wii).
Sounds to me that this versatile new system will be easily more powerful than the Wii U and more flexible.

Nintendo isn't in some special little bubble where they don't get judged against electronics of a similar nature and price point. The Wii U proved that. They have to impress, either through tech, or through doing something REALLY out there, like the Wii managed. (And the Wii U, again, failed at.)

Oddduck

It's definately going to be October if they wanna have press around to try it.

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with a doing a surprise Nintendo Direct reveal out of the blue.

If Nintendo wants the press/media to fly out to some event to try out the hardware, then they need to give a head's up at least one week in advance.

ggx2ac

Now I'm really wondering if they at least did discover this technology known as USB charging...

Remember that Nintendo kept having to cut down costs by removing the power adapter from new 3DS models: XL, New 3DS XL etc. To keep the box smaller to save money on shipments and fill more inventory to retailers.

So I'd hope, someone there thought, "Hey, look at this USB type-C cord, it could save us money."

The only crap thing is not knowing, all we got from rumours was a dock that for some reason had 3 usb ports, one is 3.0 the other two is 2.0. Nothing from rumours that tells use about charging port on the NX itself.

Davey Cakes

The reason I'm not convinced of $199.99 is because of the current price of the 3DS XL. I don't see Nintendo devaluing that system much within the next six months.

My bets are on NX being $249.99 with a pack-in game that's low value to Nintendo but high value to the consumer like a legacy collection of sorts or a voucher for Virtual Console.

If they're going to try another Wii-like approach, they might as well aim for the same exact pricing model.

El Topo

My bets are on NX being $249.99 with a pack-in game that's low value to Nintendo but high value to the consumer like a legacy collection of sorts or a voucher for Virtual Console.

Neither a legacy collection nor a voucher for VC are of particularly high value to consumers. Also at $250 they'd be more expensive than Xbox One.

TunaLover

Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions here, but could be the case where Wii U was like a beta NX? Something that always find strange was how similar Wii U menu is to 3DS, same grid icons, static icons (unlike Wii), dual screen interaction, in fact the whole menu, colors, icons arragement is more reminicent to their hanheld line than their previous console the Wii.

ggx2ac

The reason I'm not convinced of $199.99 is because of the current price of the 3DS XL. I don't see Nintendo devaluing that system much within the next six months.

If they're going to try another Wii-like approach, they might as well aim for the same exact pricing model.

$199 for a new console when compared to the competition is important.

Xbox One S is what $250? and PS4 Slim is $299

A hybrid at $199 which is a new kind of system would be able to draw attention. Retailers can deal with making their own special offers of adding a game. (Most obvious launch titles would be Zelda Breath of the Wild and Just Dance 2017. Guess which one will be packed in? Just Dance 2017.)

Davey Cakes

It's all "He thinks". Where's the actual real confirmed info? There's nothing new here.
Right, which is the frustrating thing about NX threads. It's either a collection of old info, or "new info" that isn't new at all, just someone's opinion on reports or "sources."

Getting kind of tired of it myself. At this point, anything other than word from Nintendo's mouth isn't good enough.

gafneo

Banned
Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions here, but could be the case where Wii U was like a beta NX? Something that always find strange was how similar Wii U menu is to 3DS, same grid icons, static icons (unlike Wii), dual screen interaction, in fact the whole menu, colors, icons arragement is more reminicent to their hanheld line than their previous console the Wii.

I know right? Wii U is basically DS TV. They wanted to combo from day1.

Davey Cakes

Neither a legacy collection nor a voucher for VC are of particularly high value to consumers. Also at $250 they'd be more expensive than Xbox One.

$199 for a new console when compared to the competition is important.

Xbox One S is what $250? and PS4 Slim is $299

A hybrid at $199 which is a new kind of system would be able to draw attention. Retailers can deal with making their own special offers of adding a game. (Most obvious launch titles would be Zelda Breath of the Wild and Just Dance 2017. Guess which one will be packed in? Just Dance 2017.)

I'm open to your suggestions but I'm not ready to commit yet. The points about X1 are solid at least. I'm really curious as to how much confidence Nintendo will have and how that'll translate to pricing.

I know right? Wii U is basically DS TV. They wanted to combo from day1.
NX being a combo of Wii U and 3DS is orgasmic for Nintendo fans if it means a collection of great content all in one place.

Forget about it. This thing is reportedly based on the next version of the chipset that powers the Nvidia Shield, which retails for $299. And unlike the Shield, it's not just a tablet. It comes with controller attachments and a TV dock station. And if there's a game bundled as well, I can't imagine it selling below $399 at best.
Nope. Nintendo doesn't have the balls for that.

Forget about it. This thing is reportedly based on the next version of the chipset that powers the Nvidia Shield, which retails for $299. And unlike the Shield, it's not just a tablet. It comes with controller attachments and a TV dock station. And if there's a game bundled as well, I can't imagine it selling below $399 at best.

ggx2ac

Congratulations, it's dead on arrival.

It will cost as much as a PS4 Pro but is weaker than an Xbox One.

Did you forget that Nvidia Shields are not mass produced which is why they are expensive to give Nvidia high profit margins?

The NX is portable so, similar to a handheld, there will be more than one NX in each household so it can't be as expensive as a home console.

That's why $199 for its price doesn't sound unrealistic for me.

TLZ

Banned
Right, which is the frustrating thing about NX threads. It's either a collection of old info, or "new info" that isn't new at all, just someone's opinion on reports or "sources."

Getting kind of tired of it myself. At this point, anything other than word from Nintendo's mouth isn't good enough.

I'm with you. I'm tired of these threads and the same people going in circles. It's like Groundhog Day every time.

I'm out until we have real news.

A tablet like gaming device with a recent Tegra architecture isn't going to git the market at $200.

It's like a running gag now. Every new Nintendo device got speculated way more powerful and cheaper than the real product.

Instro

Shield is $199. Keep in mind that Nvidia is not a software provider so they probably sell their hardware at a markup. I am skeptical of the price point though, as I mentioned earlier, but any more than that could truly fuck Nintendo.

Well, that gets back to my comparison to Sony realizing that the PS4 was healthy and the PSV wasn't, so they axed the PSV and threw full support behind PS4.

Nintendo is doing the opposite. The 3DS is the most successful dedicated video system on the market at 60 million units to the PS4's ~42 million, and while the PS4 will eventually overtake it, it's unclear whether the XBox1 even by the end of its lifespan will touch the 3DS. The Wii U, by comparison, has been a disaster.

Why bank on a successor to the Wii U when you can bank on a successor to the 3DS, a system that is still selling large amounts of software despite being absolutely archaic? The NX is going to be the largest jump over the 3DS in system generational jump history...its GPU is going to be something like 100x stronger than the 3DS' and, given the 3DS' ridiculously weak CPU, that measure is probably even more ridiculous. Nintendo's portable is going to go from a 240p system that struggles to match the PS2 (with, admittedly, far more RAM than the PS2), to a 720p system that more than doubles the PS3 (with far more RAM than the PS3).

This strategy makes a ton of sense and is probably the only successful route Nintendo could take. The DS was indisputably its most successful system of all time (as much as people ignore it when they talk about the "Wii Era," the DS was even more important). Just as the DS pioneered a lot of stuff that cell phones later took advantage of, Nintendo could take advantage of the current widespread proliferation of tablets to market a larger, non-pocket-based handheld and stuff some actual computing power into it. I don't see why a Nintendo tablet with compelling software couldn't reach wide market proliferation, presumably with software like Cooking Mama and Nintendogs revived to help push it as a "more than a gaming tablet" into more conventional households.

Several of Nintendo's best titles ever are things like Brain Age and Nintendogs which don't even really qualify as video games. Brain Age is one of my favorite titles anyone has ever put out and, as much as people on NeoGAF sneer at it, I think it and Nintendogs have serious potential as fronts in Nintendo's push back towards the mainstream. Enough time has passed that people can be persuaded by a nostalgia push towards them.

But if its a hybrid, it will be judged for being a handheld and a console. Two Wii Us duck taped together is crap for the home console aspect, and it likely won't get the third party dev support that Nintendo desperately needs. Don't tell me that Nintendo isn't competing or that Nintendo would never get the third party support. You would be part of the problem if you already have up, and need to support 3rs party games in order to be successful.

If the NX is really a hybrid, and it doesn't get specs to match the Xbox one at least(especially if its two Wii us) it will flop hard. Again, remember that Nintendo needs to still advertise the handheld and console sides. If its going to be too low spec, might as well just advertise it as a handheld only, and give up on consoles instead of being half assed with a jack of all trades mediocore specs console.

Hilarion

But if its a hybrid, it will be judged for being a handheld and a console. Two Wii Us duck taped together is crap for the home console aspect, and it likely won't get the third party dev support that Nintendo desperately needs. Don't tell me that Nintendo isn't competing or that Nintendo would never get the third party support. You would be part of the problem if you already have up, and need to support 3rs party games in order to be successful.

It'll get third party support. Capcom's been putting Monster Hunter on the 3DS for quite some time, imagine how thrilled they'll be to put something like that on a much more powerful system. The Ace Attorney and Professor Layton games, not to mention Shin Megami Tensei, will look fantastic on more powerful hardware.

The 3DS has been getting a ton of third party support, and unique third party support at that, games that no one else has gotten. I fully expect that to continue for the NX.

EDIT: As someone who will never plug his NX into a television, I'm not even thinking of it as a console. It's a handheld with a potential TV Out option for those people who prefer playing games on a television to a handheld. That said, I'm seeing this purely as a 3DS successor that happens to be HDMI compatible, not as a console.

Some Nobody

Pffahahahahahahhahahhaa!!!! That is a fantastic joke. Please, tell another. Seriously, isn't the Wii U one of--if not THE MOST--expensive piece of hardware they've ever created? And THAT wasn't $400 and you see how it did.

No, this thing isn't going above $299 and will probably hit that classic $249 sweet-spot.

If the NX is really a hybrid, and it doesn't get specs to match the Xbox one at least(especially if its two Wii us) it will flop hard. Again, remember that Nintendo needs to still advertise the handheld and console sides. If its going to be too low spec, might as well just advertise it as a handheld only, and give up on consoles instead of being half assed with a jack of all trades mediocore specs console.

I think it's pretty obvious that the NX is a handheld device first and the TV out is more a feature than the other half of the NX concept.

Not that such a type of device could compete with the PS4 and Xbox One just from a price point alone. Extra display and form factor are too large drawbacks in that regards.

zeromcd73

EDIT: As someone who will never plug his NX into a television, I'm not even thinking of it as a console. It's a handheld with a potential TV Out option for those people who prefer playing games on a television to a handheld. That said, I'm seeing this purely as a 3DS successor that happens to be HDMI compatible, not as a console.
But it will be Nintendo's job to make this attractive to people who don't like or want portables like myself. This is still meant to be the new gen home console after all, and needs to be more than HDMI out for a handheld

ggx2ac

I'll put in my reasons again why it's not unrealistic to think the NX could be $199.
Yes, it could cost more but I don't expect more than $250, I could even see $229 being chosen.

Going by the rumours and speculation so far, when the NX is compared to the 3DS and the Wii U there are a few things that affected costs for them:

The 3DS had a parallax screen to do 3D, the original 3DS also had a difficult design to manufacture: The layer cake model. (As read in Iwata Asks.) It also had hardware backwards compatibility with the DS so that affected costs. It was a dual screen clamshell set up.

Compare that to how cheap the 2DS is, it is cheaper because of the shape of its design, no clamshell or hinges to deal with, no 3D screen, and also the 2DS has only one screen attached to it.

The Wii U had a complex design as well, it had a MCM (Multi Chip Module) which contained chips to do hardware BC with the Wii, it had chips that had to be manufactured at different plants.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-As...elevision/1-Changes-in-Television-653911.html

Takeda: This time we fully embraced the idea of using an MCM for our gaming console. An MCM is where the aforementioned multi-core CPU chip and the GPU are built into a component. The GPU itself also has quite a lot of memory. Due to this MCM, the cost of the chip package fell and we could speed up data exchange between LSIs while lowering power consumption. And the division of labour made the cost cheaper.

Iwata:
A big challenge this time was putting silicon chips made at different semiconductor plants into one package. Shiota-san, as the person who actually had to make that happen, what hurdles did you encounter?

Shiota:
The LSI chips were made at different companies, so when a defect arose, it was difficult to isolate the cause. In defect analysis, it was inside the MCM, so figuring out the problem was incredibly difficult.

Iwata:
When it’s actually running, it’s all inside a single box, so you can’t easily observe what is happening.

Shiota:
Right. We really drew on the wisdom of Renesas, IBM and AMD, who co-operated with us. To isolate the problem we devised a way to have a minimum amount of signal travel outside of the MCM, so we could verify the signals with the minimum amount of overhead.

The Wii U is a home console, it is much larger in design compared to the NX, it has more components inside the box you would take it out of: Wii U Gamepad, sensor bar, console, power adapter for console, power adapter for Gamepad, charging cradle, gamepad stand, HDMI cable. These things affect manufacturing and shipping costs, the size of each box affects inventory of retailers for how much units they can order for each shipment.

The NX is currently rumoured to be a hybrid, it's SoC is rumoured to be an ARM CPU with an Nvidia Pascal-based Tegra GPU (Most likely customised from Parker). It doesn't have to use a MCM since ARM license out their CPUs. The CPU and GPU for NX don't need to be manufactured at different places like it was for Wii U's IBM CPU and AMD GPU. (Otherwise, we would have heard something about that for the 3DS since it uses an ARM CPU and a DMP GPU.)

One of the staff from IGN claims he heard the detachable controllers use IR to function like a Circle Pad Pro. This is relevant to the IR patent Nintendo has which could cut manufacturing costs down by a lot for these detachable controllers. (The IGN staff are most likely not aware of that patent because they didn't reference it nor did they understand how an IR-powered controller would work.)

The NX is rumoured to be as big as the Wii U Gamepad but with a thinness of 14mm.

The device itself is shaped like a tablet, while the detachable controllers attach to its sides. It uses cartridges and does not have a disc drive or Hardware BC.

The dock is rumoured to have an HDMI port and 3 USB ports. The NX will most likely have a power adapter for the device itself. It seems there may need to be a power adapter for the dock however, if its components require very little energy, then its power supply could be fit inside the dock instead of having another bulky power adapter.

The NX retail box would most likely be bigger than a 3DS box but it is unlikely for it to be as big as the Wii U retail box.

That means it's smaller which affects how many units you can send per shipment and how much units retailers can take in inventory.

The only problem is the rumour about the new Wii Remote rumour for NX, that has already been explained pages ago so I'm not going to bother again. The question is whether that is real, whether it is a separate controller from the detachable ones and, if it will be packed in with the NX or sold as a multiplayer controllers separately or packed in with a game like Wii Play.

Edit: I can't see Nintendo selling the dock separately from the NX, you need to give value to the product you are selling. It's not a good idea to sell it separately.

Edit 2: I almost forgot about memory. The Wii U used a lot of embedded RAM for its GPU and CPU. It is rumoured from the benefits of using Nvidia's rasterizer tech that the GPU could end up using 4MB of embedded RAM compared to 32MB. I'd have to dig up that speculation from Thraktor.

deleted

To those expecting purely a 3ds successor with a hdmi out, don't forget that local multiplayer is an important pillar of Nintendo games.
If you can natively connect it to a TV, it will have an option for local multiplayer as well, that much is save to assume.
And if it does have that, it's already far beyond a half assed TV out solution.
So however this reveal turns out, I'm absolutely sure that you can buy extra controllers in store for it and that local mp is supported.

Paul Gale

September 23rd is Nintendo's 127th anniversary and would be a very fine date to do a reveal for the NX. Monday morning, let press know of said event for that Friday and let fans know that there'll be a Nintendo Direct right before the weekend hits.

Play up the nostalgia factor, show a video of Nintendo through the ages, and boom...reveal your new platform with a load of stellar looking games from your rich history.

That's what I hope happens. If we don't see this thing by the 23rd, then I suppose the 29th could work, which is Nintendo 64's 20th anniversary in the US. Other than those two dates, October is the next likely candidate.

Cross your fingers folks for this Friday!

To those expecting purely a 3ds successor with a hdmi out, don't forget that local multiplayer is an important pillar of Nintendo games.
If you can natively connect it to a TV, it will have an option for local multiplayer as well, that much is save to assume.
So however this reveal turns out, I'm absolutely sure that you can buy extra controllers in store for it and that local mp is supported.

I'm already picturing the advertisement.

Guy's sitting at home, playing Mario Kart NX on his TV

He gets a phone call, grabs the NX off the dock, picks up a backpack, and catches a bus.

He keeps playing his game on the bus.

Then he gets to his friend's house, plugs the NX into the TV and starts handing out controllers from his backpack, and gets a multiplayer round going.

ggx2ac

That is one point I asserted in one of the NX threads before but unfortunately, some people were convinced that it's only a hybrid if the dock can make the NX more powerful when displaying the game on the TV.

So one of the annoying things until this damn thing is revealed is having to deal with the semantics of what a hybrid is. (I've listened to some claims about a hybrid that made me lose brain cells, like how two separate devices that are bought separately like the PS3 and the PS Vita if we imagine that as the NX is somehow a hybrid because they communicate with each other...)

September 23rd is Nintendo's 127th anniversary and would be a very fine date to do a reveal...

Of their Hanafuda cards, definitely the best time for Nintendo to reveal their next-gen line of Hanafuda cards. That's what Nintendo has been known for these past 127 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom