• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Peer Schneider: "the NX is a complete reboot for Nintendo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Nintendo is going to try and compete on power, and that the Sony and MS are reacting to it (as opposed to the more obvious possibility of them reacting to each other/PC), I'd really like to know why you feel that way.

This mid cycle release is so unprecedented it just feels like something out of the ordinary is happening.

Even if it's not a full hybrid, if they released handheld and console but had an easy system in place for them to easily port games from one to the other, like Iwata said a year or two ago, that would be awesome. Right now they have to contract out to Monster Games or Grezzo, or Tantulus and it takes a lot of money and at least a full year to port games from/ between Wii U to 3DS, Wii to 3DS, 3DS to Wii U, etc. That really doesn't need to happen anymore, given how powerful mobile chips can be, and how even a relatively modest system like the Wii U can push out some beautiful graphics (Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad)

Can't wait to see how much of all this (rumors, patents, etc.) makes it to the final product.

Whatever the case, when it comes to controls I trust Nintendo 100%.

Also

Since this is the new -weekly- NX/Nintendo thread I'll just post it here.

Trying to access the "Games" section of Retro Studio's site returns an error.

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in E:webretrost1wp-contentthemeswliontemplate-games.php on line 60

Not sure how long it's been like this, but I'm sure it was working a couple of months ago.

They are probably adding new content ;P

I went on their website last month and everything was working. I definitely know Retros game will be revealed with NX. It makes so much sense.

Can't wait to see how much of all this (rumors, patents, etc.) makes it to the final product.

Whatever the case, when it comes to controls I trust Nintendo 100%.

Also

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in E:\web\retrost1\wp-content\themes\wlion\template-games.php on line 60

Not sure how long it's been like this, but I'm sure it was working a couple of months ago.

The most shocking thing is that they use a Windows host.
But looking at the file location (themes and template), it looks like some intern tried to update the skin of the page without checking the result.

PetrCobra

You're gonna buy Super Mario Bros. for $5. FOREVER.

I highly doubt our VC games will transfer over, but you never know. If Nintendo is 100% cutting us off from backwards compatibility, I hope they really focus on beefing up the VC. NES to Wii U, including handhelds.

I'm never gonna buy any NES game for the prices they charge now. They're not worth any more than 10 dollars for the entire catalogue in this day and age. Nintendo's got to realize that's the reality nowadays. Well, maybe I'm too greedy or something but I certainly believe that the sweet spot of maximum profit is way below their current pricing expectations.

I don't really care for the VC games either at their current prices, that's why I never bought them. Well, except for some Wii games (half off) and a few DS games on Wii U.

The games I do care about are the actual retail games I bought digitally.

If we're actually discussing their back catalogue, well... unless they want me to focus on emulators they better go full on GoG on me, with discounts and bundles all over the place. Otherwise, I don't really care at all.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I'm never gonna buy any NES game for the prices they charge now. They're not worth any more than 10 dollars for the entire catalogue in this day and age. Nintendo's got to realize that's the reality nowadays. Well, maybe I'm too greedy or something but I certainly believe that the sweet spot of maximum profit is way below their current pricing expectations.

I don't really care for the VC games either at their current prices, that's why I never bought them. Well, except for some Wii games (half off) and a few DS games on Wii U.

The games I do care about are the actual retail games I bought digitally.

If we're actually discussing their back catalogue, well... unless they want me to focus on emulators they better go full on GoG on me, with discounts and bundles all over the place. Otherwise, I don't really care at all.

I do think that considering how cheap the NES Mini is with 30 built in games, future virtual console prices will have to reflect that.

KamiCrit

So a whole bunch of rumours have pointed to next week as a reveal? Be still my beating heart.

Believe!

WZ9Fw46.png

Also

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in E:\web\retrost1\wp-content\themes\wlion\template-games.php on line 60

That error is likely due to them using the new array syntax in PHP on an older version of PHP.

TheJoRu

I've given up on trying to predict things. One day we're simply going to log onto GAF and there will be a thread on the top of the page saying there's an NX announcement coming. We'll all proceed accordingly to go absolutely nuts because of excitement and because we didn't really have a good indication that the news would actually drop that day.

I've given up on trying to predict things. One day we're simply going to log onto GAF and there will be a thread on the top of the page saying there's an NX announcement coming. We'll all proceed accordingly to go absolutely nuts because of excitement and because we didn't really have a good indication that the news would actually drop that day.
That only happens with Nintendo Directs.
The NX reveal or reveal announcement is as elusive as a lathered up Gumby playing rugby with people with flippers as hands.

Several verified leakers on Reddit have been shooting around 20th to 23rd while the October one is purely based on Emily Roger's certainty that something is gonna happen in October.

No. Nintendo is never at TGS and there was no indication that they would;ve revealed it this year at any time.

"verified leakers on Reddit" lol

One of the people the mod team on r/nintendonx "verified" is an NX console truther who insists that WSJ, Eurogamer, IGN, MCV, etc. have all been "duped" and put the word "reporters" in scare quotes when referring to them. The same person previously lost it when people started questioning his "leaks" by pointing out his apparent lack of awareness that Wii U didn't use friend codes.

In other words, I don't have a high opinion of their verification standards.

DMONKUMA

Reboot you say?

Hmmm????? Hope it means some games that will define the generation and get me excited to buy a Nintendo console.

TheJoRu

That only happens with Nintendo Directs.
The NX reveal or reveal announcement is as elusive as a lathered up Gumby playing rugby with people with flippers as hands.

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to take away from this post, but I did laugh heartily, so for that I thank you!

trutrutru

Im ok with a hybrid so long as the supplemental computing device is an option at launch. I want to be able to bump it up to above ps4 levels. And maybe eventually up to 4k with a future "scd"

oti

Banned
Guys I'm pretty sure they'll reveal it on the 30th source: it's my Birthday that's why. Nintendo plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom