• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

I wish 3rd gen contests would come back. Those were actually fun to a degree.

I don't understand how they made something so lame from something so awesome... I want a Tsuchinoko legendary pokemon. POISON/DRAGON.

You shut your dirty whore mouth.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Therefore: NFC enabled Pokémon... stuff. Toys, cards, whatever. And the game will obviously have absolutely massive online integration and social features on either platform.

Addendum: Some of those features will be awesome, but will require you to jump through multiple hoops to the point of making them impractical to 99% of the user base.

Source: Every damn infrared/local only thing they put in the last few games or stuff like online battling against..AI controlled teams

Qurupeke

I wish 3rd gen contests would come back. Those were actually fun to a degree.

You shut your dirty whore mouth.

That image on wikipedia makes Tsuchinoko look like a turd.

Dunsparce 4 lyfe.

Ew no. To both of you. lol

Also, I just remembered what would make a great Poison/Dragon with levitate. A Quetzalcoatl. I remember that I expected this to be the evolution of Snivy... Poor me.

Edit: Google it for awesome pics.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't really care about Pokémon, but this is my prediction: Generation 6, two games as usual, except one is for 3DS and one is for Wii U. Saves can be synced, of course. The 3DS version will be retail only, as the cartridge contains an NFC reader. Therefore: NFC enabled Pokémon... stuff. Toys, cards, whatever. And the game will obviously have absolutely massive online integration and social features on either platform.

Yes please.

zroid

Banned
I don't really care about Pokémon, but this is my prediction: Generation 6, two games as usual, except one is for 3DS and one is for Wii U. Saves can be synced, of course. The 3DS version will be retail only, as the cartridge contains an NFC reader. Therefore: NFC enabled Pokémon... stuff. Toys, cards, whatever. And the game will obviously have absolutely massive online integration and social features on either platform.

Would you believe me if I said I had a dream about pretty much exactly this last night?

will never happen tho *dreams again*

I haven't played a Pokemon since Red, which I quite liked as a youngster. The modern designs are too much of a mess, but has the gameplay evolved?

If they release one in 3D with online trading, I might bite.

Fou-Lu

Not when dunsparce exists.

How many does must this picture be posted?:
1351016356317.jpg

Anth0ny

I was thinking about something like that too. It would be perfect. They're doing it with Monster Hunter, and Pokemon is 10x more marketable when you think of the NFC possibilities.

It's not happening, though.

Qurupeke

I thought Rayquaza was Quetz.

There's also this abomination:
archeops.jpg

Rayquaza has a few similarities but I don't think that it's like that. But yeah, it is pretty close so I guess there's no need for a real Quetzalcoatl. Archeops is an archeopteryx with snake features, so it doesn't count.

Unicorn

Hey, I've been bitter about Quetzalcoatl pokemon being omitted for years! I have a right to hate on poorly implemented Mesoamerican mythological beasts!

Also, fucking flamingo pokemon, where are you? (besides the Missingno. edit)

I want more prehistoric/dinosaur influenced Pokemon. The next game should have a 'Lost World', a hidden valley of ancient Pokemon that somehow survived.

Qurupeke

Hey, I've been bitter about Quetzalcoatl pokemon being omitted for years! I have a right to hate on poorly implemented Mesoamerican mythological beasts!

Also, fucking flamingo pokemon, where are you? (besides the Missingno. edit)

The Flamingo pokemon is waiting for a Pokemon Pink Version I guess. :)

Okay, it would be actually cool.

I want more prehistoric/dinosaur influenced Pokemon. The next game should have a 'Lost World', a hidden valley of ancient Pokemon that somehow survived.

:eek: Awesome. And yeah, I want more dinosaurs... :(

Berordn

Kind of surprised they haven't yet, it's not like they have any shortage of ancient ones. Undiscovered jungle's a trope they haven't used yet either.

But they'll probably axe it in favor of an ice cave.

We need a jungle. I think it's the only environment they haven't done..

Hoenn had a rainforest of sorts , no? I mean I guess that's not the same but it's a start. I would really like to see some less than typical environments though. Savannas, rainforests, Jungles, maybe another volcano or two.

ffdgh

and the game's professor says to prevent anyone *the player* from disturbing them in their natural habitat, they can't be captured.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Subscribed.

After playing Red, Yellow and Gold when I was younger, I just kind of... stopped, life happened. Now bought a 3DS and White 2 (fuck yeah) for Christmas, I'm back. Announcement for a 3DS pokemon game in the summer would be PERFECT timing.

Berordn

Hoenn had a rainforest of sorts , no? I mean I guess that's not the same but it's a start. I would really like to see some less than typical environments though. Savannas, rainforests, Jungles, maybe another volcano or two.

There's Fortree and the surrounding routes 119 and 120 which have a higher chance of rain than the rest of the region, but it's not tropical. The safari zones are usually depicted as savannas, but I don't think the games show this outside of official art.

Berordn

Hey, you all :mad: Garbodor is the best Pokémon ever. *looks at Garbodor plushie*

Mantyke still wins that honor. My plush is mad at your plush.

Hopefully this continues the even-numbered generation trend of being evolution heavy. I like watching the families get fleshed out, and Gen V could do with some assistance.

73V3N

Banned

Holy.... YES.
this needs to happen

Nasley

Neo Member
More flying-type pokemon needs to happen! It's basically my only wish for gen 6 at this point.

Actually, more flying anything would be great. An area where you have to fly would be a nice alternative to having to surf places.
Just don't ask me how battles would work.
They could replace Fly's current mechanic with Teleport since they can (potentially) do the same thing anyway.

Also, fucking flamingo pokemon, where are you?
I want a flamingo pokemon too ;___;

It's be an interesting experiment, although I kinda think it would sacrifice handheld software sales without compensating with Wii U sales.

Most importantly, this would do nothing for 3DS in the West, which I'm assuming the simultaneous announcement is meant to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom