• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Puncheon, but Mienshao is basically what I wanted from a fighting-type Eevee. Buzzeon? That ought to be decent nightmare fuel.

Macheon needs to be a thing. Steel-type, bulky, slow, high Sp. Attack and Defense. It also needs a chest laser for the shooting of Flash Cannons.

I wonder what gaf will be like if a new game isnt announced.
I would be fairly confused - and I would probably join others in saying "Troll Freak".

At the very very least give me a silhouette Game Freak. It's not that hard to make me happy/speculative :p

Well, there is that mysterious extra letter/color in the Pikachu & Eevee short logo for the movie this year.

tpuOo.png

Note that the colors are even in generation order :p

It's their fusion.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
God, I hope that rumour about the Evee based starter isn't true.
Nothing could replace Glaceon anyway.

Diffense

It's not such a mystery - the ズ stands for Espeon because it's actually purple unlike the PINK ribbon. The ribbon means nothing :p

I think the colours are for the types not the Pokemon (That'd make the eevee char an odd one out but hey..it has a tail).
Espeon is weird because it's not the same colour it's type is associated with whereas all the other eeveelutions are.
In the games, Psychic is pink.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type

Both Dragon and Ghost (and Flying, Poison?) are associated with a kind of purple.
Speculate away!

I think the colours are for the types not the Pokemon.
Espeon is weird because it's not the same colour it's type is associated with whereas all the other eeveelutions are.
In the games, Psychic is pink.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type

Both Dragon and Ghost (and Flying?) are associated with a kind of purple.
Speculate away!
o_O (never thought of that)

Counterpoint: if they are using colors to refer to the Eevolutions for promotional purposes, they would stick with their fur colors for visual association.

Plus, if they were doing type colors, Normal would be off white, not Eevee brown :p

Somewhat related:

Diffense

Yeah, I edited in the eevee observation. That's a weird one because it mimics eevee in a way none of the other chars do. But it does have the off-white/beige/whatever in it at the tips and bottom.

EDIT: That second poster won me over to your viewpoint lol.

fates

Hope it's a Steel/Electric type named Teevee.

But... I don't know, is that bow really reflective of Espeon? Though the last color doesn't seem very close to Psychic and would break the apparent sequence they set up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh.. this is interesting then. But out of curiosity, what does it spell?

It's the title of the Mini-Movie playing alongside this year's Genesect movie, "Pikachu and Eevee Friends".

Pokemon Opal, set in dual Australia/New Zealand analogs featuring vistas similar to Shadow of the Colossus where you can battle wild overworld Pokemon and character customization to the degree of Mass Effect featuring a primary campaign, a multiplayer suite closer to Stadium, and a rebooted Dream World that allows you to catch the past-generation legendaries in sequences similar to Shadow of the Colossus meets God of War with magic/inception dream powers replacing weapons and violence.

MisterHero

Maybe Eevee will get a bug type so Zapdos won't be bothered for Pin Missile

it's how I beat Mewtwo in Pokemon Stadium o_o

Snakeyes

Calling it now: the next Eeveelution will be a Steel type called Centureon that looks like an armored Eevee.

And while I'm at it:

Aveon - Flying type

Champeon - Fighting type

Kokonoe

Banned
The slow speed of the 3D Pokemon games often infuriated me, but something they did have was awesome music. It was worth fighting Mewtwo frequently just for that song.

Well, with the 3D battle simulators you're playing for a more 'luxury' experience. You see grander attacking animations and the Pokemon actually are being shown that they are getting hurt by the attacks as well as fainting. However, that song is pretty darn awesome, it's in my top 5 for Pokemon that's for sure. The stage where you fought Mewtwo was pretty cool too.

fates

So much hate on Flareon, I thought it was passable. But since Gen 2, I mostly always went with Umbreon or Espeon.

Being a global announcement I think this points to Pokemon being released in all markets this Autumn.

I sure hope so.

Barring some serious bombs dropped for later this year, Nintendo would be smart to release Pokémon in the west before the holidays. The 3DS needs the sells.

Since DP though, doesn't Flareon have some viable attacks now? I remember discussion around the phys/spec move decoupling from types making Flareon not a joke somehow.

It also nerfed the elemental punching Alakazam in favour of buffing the elemental punching Hitmonchan.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Calling it now: the next Eeveelution will be a Steel type called Centureon that looks like an armored Eevee.

You know, since the fact the Eevee film is paired with the Genesect movie, I've definately entertained the notion of it being a Steel-type Eevee. In fact, when looking at that poster in higher resolutions, the unidentified letter at the end that everyone claims is purple seems more so to be a steelish-grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom