• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread March 2013: It's $1 per post, $5 for 8 posts or $10 for 20 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I deleted Tiny Tower and Pixel People a while back, those were the only two chores I had and fuck them and thier ilk. I would kill for an actual Sim game (city or tower) that didn't think I was an ATM or worker bee.

Edit: Frozen Synapse iPad is in final beta at the end of this month. :D

Spoiler alert: EA's next Sim City game for iOS is called Sim City Freeplay.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Speaking of not trusting TA opinions, anyone try Real Boxing yet? I saw it dropped to .99 last night but couldn't really find anyone with an opinion on it.

Not sure about it, but I saw @psnstores say something about it coming to Vita apparently

Crunchinjelly, I just disable IAP on my iPhone to prevent myself from doing stupid purchases

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Realboxing is shit.

Ridiculous Fishing is very good - not life-changing.

Super Stickman Golf 2 starts out OK but grows into something really great.

Hah, yeah, I wouldn't put Super Hexagon in that category at all. Game is awesome.

If I needed any convincing not to buy Ridiculous Fishing on day one, it came when within two minutes of the TouchArcade thread for it appearing, Hodapp posted "Buy this game." and literally nothing else at all.

"Yeah, I liked RF before it was cool."

It had five stars on that site before he'd even played it.
Jesus. That game's finally coming out? Been waiting for them to deliver for years now. Been outta the iOS game for a long ass time. What's a notable action game these days?

MadmanUK

My iCade is amazing. Please recommend the best iCade compatible games. I've got all tne DotEmu games already (playing them to death.)

Hard lines
League of evil (haven't tried 2 yet)
Gunman Clive
Super crate box
If you like shoot em ups then go for:-
Shogun
Air attack HD
Blazing star
Phoenix HD
Raiden Legacy (absolute bargain as there's 3 or 4 games in the collection).

Slamjet Stadium is now available in the UK app store for iPad. It's a bit like a mashup of Speedball and Air Hockey.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/slamjet-stadium/id586955999?ls=1&mt=8

From Alistair Aitcheson, the one man band behind the Greedy Bankers games, which if you haven't played, you should.

http://www.slamjetstadium.com/

UCtvY8El.png

Oh weird, I didn't think they were able to set a time. I shall wait with the rest of you guys then.

If you set your app to be approved and auto released for a date it will roll out at midnight in that location, if you get an app approved and hold it back you can do a manual launch at any time you want, which some devs seem to prefer.

RR3 has no race replays and no real time attack modes yet it gets 90's from some places, sigh.

I don't think you can use scores as a measure of the quality of mobile games. They're usually ridiculously high compared to their console counterparts, which arguably skew too high as it is. Use it as a barometer for comparing one mobile game to another perhaps, but until mobile review sites start doing a better job, take their scores with a pinch of salt.

So....I've turned my iPad into a "gaming console" with a little dosage of jailbreak goodness, and Apple TV 3, and most importantly, a Dual Shock 3. I'm playing SFV and SFxTekken on my 50" Plasma using a Dual Shock 3. This is all, of course, running on my iPad mini.

Apple... It's time to stop playing around, and release native apps for Apple TV!

Blutrol-3.0-1024x576.jpg

More info here: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/13/ios-gaming-console-blutrol-dual-shock-ipad-mini/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t61gqVXx7GM

I'm telling you guys, I was literally floored by how responsive SF was using the DS over Bluetooth. It felt _completely_ natural.

mr2xxx

Banned
So....I've turned my iPad into a "gaming console" with a little dosage of jailbreak goodness, and Apple TV 3, and most importantly, a Dual Shock 3. I'm playing SFV and SFxTekken on my 50" Plasma using a Dual Shock 3. This is all, of course, running on my iPad mini.

Apple... It's time to stop playing around, and release native apps for Apple TV!

Blutrol-3.0-1024x576.jpg

More info here: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/13/ios-gaming-console-blutrol-dual-shock-ipad-mini/

I'm telling you guys, I was literally floored by how responsive SF was using the DS over Bluetooth. It felt _completely_ natural.

Do you need an iPad and Apple TV or can you just play on one device without the other?

Do you need an iPad and Apple TV or can you just play on one device without the other?
The Apple TV there is just to broadcast the game to his big tv, it's optional.

I AirPlay a few games now and again but we really need an official pad at some point, it would be killer.

Dingotech

The topic for Ridiculous Fishing made me have another go at Super Crate Box.

MAN O MAN does that game need an update for the iPhone 5, I'm stuffing up all over the place because my fingers need to stretch to reach the on-screen buttons.
They need to patch it so it takes advantage of the iPhone 5 screen.

Maybe it will get an update when people collect these last 25 'special crates', no idea how long that will take though.

Heel

Good friend dream, I'm eagerly awaiting the friends list for turn-based multiplayer in SSG2 to populate.

$1.99 to unlock the last shot power indicator is quite the hidden cost, wouldn't you say? Double the price of the game.

Alchemy

The Apple TV there is just to broadcast the game to his big tv, it's optional.

I AirPlay a few games now and again but we really need an official pad at some point, it would be killer.

I would do this more often if Airplay wasn't laggy as hell for games. Right now it isn't worth the pain.

dream

Good friend dream, I'm eagerly awaiting the friends list for turn-based multiplayer in SSG2 to populate.

$1.99 to unlock the last shot power indicator is quite the hidden cost, wouldn't you say? Double the price of the game.

I apologize for dropping out of that game. I was on sketchy LTE at the time and was in no way trying to ruin your multiplayer experience of this wonderful game.

That said, that $1.99 leaves a bad taste in my mouth, simply because it seems...well, essential.

GWX

SSG2 feels so smooth, awesome! It lacks retina support, though. I need Game Center friends to play some async multi...

Flunkie

Banned
So umm, Block Fortress is pretty good. This needs to become a thing. Agree with Justin - why haven't more people been talking about this?

I apologize for dropping out of that game. I was on sketchy LTE at the time and was in no way trying to ruin your multiplayer experience of this wonderful game.

That said, that $1.99 leaves a bad taste in my mouth, simply because it seems...well, essential.

I'm okay with paying $3 for the entire game. That's what the first one launched as, right?

SEND ME ANY AND ALL ASYNC INVITES. SSG2, Worms, Carcassonne, Disc Drivin, anything.

Blutrol-3.0-1024x576.jpg

How the hell do you upgrade Blutrol to 3.0? oO I'm stuck with 2.2, tried erasing it and reinstalling, pretty much everything and it's always 2.2.

PFD

Kingdom Rush has just been updated with a whole bunch of new content plus hard mode.

So umm, Block Fortress is pretty good. This needs to become a thing. Agree with Justin - why haven't more people been talking about this?

The game has 1300 reviews on the US store, and is the 3rd top paid app on the iPad chart. It's already a thing, lol.

KingKong

Ok is it just me or is super stickman golf 2 way slower than the first game? Feels like a max power shot is as fast as mid power used to be

Flunkie

Banned
Kingdom Rush has just been updated with a whole bunch of new content plus hard mode.

The game has 1300 reviews on the US store, and is the 3rd top paid app on the iPad chart. It's already a thing, lol.

Here, I mean. Nobody's talking about it.

Little Inferno is $.99.

Yeah, I'm sure he's played it, but I'm certain it had got five stars on TouchArcade long before he did. Game journos love to be seen to have "indie cred" and raving about games like this is an incredibly easy way to get it.

If it's good, it'll stand the test of time, so we'll see.

Where do people come up with this crap? Indie cred? It's a super polished action game, not some art exercise. Indie cred...

I deleted Tiny Tower and Pixel People a while back, those were the only two chores I had and fuck them and thier ilk. I would kill for an actual Sim game (city or tower) that didn't think I was an ATM or worker bee.

Edit: Frozen Synapse iPad is in final beta at the end of this month. :D

I loved the aesthetics of Tiny Tower. If it had been an actual game, I would probably never have stopped playing.

Flunkie

Banned
Okay now that I played SSG2 I understand the complaint. There seems tone way more iap here than necessary. An iap to increase the number of asynchronous games you can have going at once? Gtfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom