• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread March 2013: It's $1 per post, $5 for 8 posts or $10 for 20 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flunkie

Banned
Yeah I haven't started my turn cause I realized I'm waaaay more terrible that I though, I wouldn't have fun atm.
Trying to do the campaign to learn, sucks there's no tutorial or anything... I mean I even had to try weapon one vy one going by the icons since it doesn't tell me shit!
Also ubernewbz question: apparently it's the CPU who decides which worm I'm taking control in each turn?
I can't choose, swap or even know in advance which one is it going to be?

Gimme some tips goddamnit I bought the game cause of you :p
Pretty sure it's random then goes on chronological order after everyone's had a turn.

There's also a help menu that is very informative.

anyone one knows why iTunes 11 refuses to update my iPad 2 apps even when I sync? "/

I have problems with my iphone 5 sometimes with iTunes 11, no idea why or what or how but it just sometimes refuses to work, not that I use it often.

Is your ipad 2 up to date with the latest iOS? I think iTunes 11 needs you to be in a fairly modern iOS version.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So I finally update Clash of Heroes yesterday (iPad) and they totally broke the sprites in battle, they're hideously pixellated now it's so ugly. Hope they fix that shit. I love the game though, it's become my go-to puzzle game, the flow of 'combat' is very satisfying indeed.

Heel

Been pretty dead for me on iOS as of late, but this week is looking pretty solid.

Ridiculous Fishing
Super Stickman Golf 2
This Unmechanical game looks pretty good, too.

Gaaraz

@ Justin - any idea if the daily app store update videos will make a comeback? Or maybe a weekly one or similar!? :)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
@ Justin - any idea if the daily app store update videos will make a comeback? Or maybe a weekly one or similar!? :)

I do a video every day still. This is today's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca9g9Bt27gs

Note that I'm super tired and today's is pretty low-energy. If you watch and think it's fine, then... cool. But just be aware that we usually try to lean on "entertain" just as much as "inform" and I don't think I hit that this morning.

Megasoum

Banned

Note that I'm super tired and today's is pretty low-energy. If you watch and think it's fine, then... cool. But just be aware that we usually try to lean on "entertain" just as much as "inform" and I don't think I hit that this morning.

Great video as always (Grabben Granny Smith, Pen and Paper and PQ2). Is there a way to get notifications on youtube when you post the new store updates videos? I had that page bookmarked for a while but now today's video was posted on the main IGN account so it doesn't show up there.

wilflare

I have problems with my iphone 5 sometimes with iTunes 11, no idea why or what or how but it just sometimes refuses to work, not that I use it often.

Is your ipad 2 up to date with the latest iOS? I think iTunes 11 needs you to be in a fairly modern iOS version.

on the latest OS, but it is still not working :/

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
has Ms Splosion Man been canned or something?
haven't heard anything since it was announced a LONG time ago

Twisted Pixel told me that "The complete, final version of Ms. Splosion Man on iOS, which looks stunning" will be at PAX East. Coming soon, then.

Dynoro

This Unmechanical game looks pretty good, too.

Unmechanical is quite good but very very short; don't expect to play it for much longer than a couple of hours. The GiantBomb QL of the game is a nice indicator of whether you might like it but it will spoil the puzzles for the start of the game. I completed it on PC in under 3 hours and that included a good portion of replaying to show others the game.

Gaaraz

Ah! Thank you... I usually look at the playlist you have but it's good to know it's still being released :D Really nice way of finding out the daily iOS happenings.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Stretch goal a la Kickstarter!
If we reach 100 players before the competition ends we're gonna add up a lot of good stuff which will be put in the pot for a raffle between all the participants,

Details are gonna be posted later.

REMEMBER if you're alteady my friend on Gamecenter all you've gotta do is play the game and you're in :)

GAF iOS Challenge 7

t1363391700z0.png

Zia

Good releases this week.

Ridiculous Fishing!! The early version I played was so good that we're having a late night fish and chips party to celebrate its release. Here's some Twitter hype:

Simon Parkin (The Guardian, Eurogamer, Edge):

I think @Vlambeer's Ridiculous Fishing might objectively be the perfect mobile phone game: ridiculousfishing.com

Robert Ashley (GFW Radio, A Life Well Wasted, Texas):

Ridiculous Fishing is from an alternate iPhone gaming universe where Nintendo is the production quality standard and action is everything.

As someone that doesn't dabble and instead plays a few games until they are ground to dust, I feel pretty spoiled with this and Year Walk released so close together. I'm still playing Super Hexagon pretty much daily.

Megasoum

Banned
I really don't understand the hype behind Ridiculous Fishing... All I've seen so far looks all right I guess but really nothing special. I'll try it for sure but I'm a bit puzzled by all the crazy hype everywhere.

Zia

I really don't understand the hype behind Ridiculous Fishing... All I've seen so far looks all right I guess but really nothing special. I'll try it for sure but I'm a bit puzzled by all the crazy hype everywhere.

Same here, I will probably grab it but it does seem pretty ordinary.

Well, I know people are championing it because it has an indie super team behind it, and it's had a tumultuous development that's been well-documented by places like Gamasutra and Polygon. It's always nice to see the good guys win. Personally, I love it because it is incredibly fun, irreverent and is a masterpiece of visual design. It's probably the closest I've seen a game come to replicating a perfect piece of graphic design. I can't talk about the amount of "polish" that's gone into it, as what I played a long while back certainly wasn't polished and polish isn't something Vlambeer is typically know for, but it was actually developed by Zach Gage who is known for his really elegant design. So I guess I believe all of the raves that say it has a lot of really polished content.

That about sums it up, I suppose. : )

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Great video as always (Grabben Granny Smith, Pen and Paper and PQ2). Is there a way to get notifications on youtube when you post the new store updates videos? I had that page bookmarked for a while but now today's video was posted on the main IGN account so it doesn't show up there.

Ah! Thank you... I usually look at the playlist you have but it's good to know it's still being released :D Really nice way of finding out the daily iOS happenings.

Ah, yeah. Youtube playlists have to be curated by hand. So with hundreds of videos going up on multiple channels, sometimes they aren't updated daily. Instead someone will grab like the last 5-6 vids and throw them into the playlist. Normally this isn't a problem, but for a time-sensitive feature like the App Store Update that's a bigger deal.

I'll try and get the video guys to be more diligent about playlisting the video, or I'll try to do it myself.

Flunkie

Banned
Take your turn goddamn it :p

Guys buy that fucking Worms 2 Armageddon game for 99c I say. It's sweet, it has async multi, c'mon!
Lame! You can't continue games started on iPhone on the iPad and vice versa.
Ooh, a new Clash of Clans update. This game is too addicting.
I'd be much more prone to donate if I was in a GAF Clan. We need to make it happen and stop beating around the bush.

Also I'm probably gonna buy Block Fortress tomorrow along with all the new releases. Got a brand new iTunes card that's just to burning a hole in my pocket.

I want Badland now.

How crazy is iOS gaming? iOS for life. Long live iOS.

Flunkie

Banned
Has anyone tried Toy Story Smash It? I may have asked this in the last thread or something but can't find it. I gifted it to my nephew but I'm tempted to buy it for myself too, lol.

Has anyone tried Toy Story Smash It? I may have asked this in the last thread or something but can't find it. I gifted it to my nephew but I'm tempted to buy it for myself too, lol.

I have tried it and it's decent, polished and fun. I haven't played it more than 15-20 minutes though.

Minsc

Gold Member
I know I'm super LTTP, but PvZ was fucking awesome, just beat it today. I'm all in for the sequel.

Make sure to acquire the Vasebreaker Endless, i Zombie, and Last Stand puzzle bundles before you throw in the towel if you haven't, they're a lot of fun, particularly Vasebreaker Endless (I think the achievement requires you to make it to level 20 or something, it's pretty challenging)... that one is worth a few bucks on its own if you aren't using the Zen Garden to farm money.

Make sure to acquire the Vasebreaker Endless, i Zombie, and Last Stand puzzle bundles before you throw in the towel if you haven't, they're a lot of fun, particularly Vasebreaker Endless (I think the achievement requires you to make it to level 20 or something, it's pretty challenging)... that one is worth a few bucks on its own if you aren't using the Zen Garden to farm money.

Yes these are where the real challenge of the game lies if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom