• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread March 2013: It's $1 per post, $5 for 8 posts or $10 for 20 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGKrush

Neo Member
Radical fishing is a nice game, but I don't understand why it's priced 2euro69.
It's a pretty short game and after completion is just like any other runner-y game (burrito bison, etc). I understand not putting in any iap might take away from profit, so an increased price is ok, but triple the price of what normal games of this genre are costing is too much imo.

It's a pretty short game and after completion is just like any other runner-y game (burrito bison, etc). I understand not putting in any iap might take away from profit, so an increased price is ok, but triple the price of what normal games of this genre are costing is too much imo.

$3 for a few hours of fun is too expensive for you?

Compare the price of a game to the utility you got from it, not against the price of other games.

Radogol

Well the problem with that is that notifications are either on or off. If random players are going to spam me with random game requests and the app isn't going to allow me to opt out of those, I sure as hell don't want my phone to notify me every time a request comes in..

We have a system in place where only users currently playing can get invited by randoms. There's a small window after you kill the app - around 5 minutes - where you might get invited but if you receive a notification after that time, it means someone specifically typed in your nickname or e-mail.

We have a system in place where only users currently playing can get invited by randoms. There's a small window after you kill the app - around 5 minutes - where you might get invited but if you receive a notification after that time, it means someone specifically typed in your nickname or e-mail.

I've had three this morning, and the one yesterday.

Don't ever think games as dollar per hr.

Or just get Quest Gold. 100s of hrs :)

dyergram

Rekwest

What is RADICAL FISHING?

Sonic Dash is such a cheating asshole of a game. Between the obstacles appearing so suddenly they are impossible to dodge, to my swipe inputs randomly not registering, I am done. Deleting. Someone please PM me if this ever gets an update.

PFD

If they don't want me to have the game, I don't want the game. Fuck 'em, not even going to bother if it ever even does hit the UK now.

I'd say you aren't missing out on much, as I found the game very grindy and unfun, but then again there's a thread here with several thousand posts discussing the game. So some people like it.

PFD

Sonic Dash is such a cheating asshole of a game. Between the obstacles appearing so suddenly they are impossible to dodge, to my swipe inputs randomly not registering, I am done. Deleting. Someone please PM me if this ever gets an update.

Just a little tip, if you want to be notified when an app gets updated after you delete it, you can set up a notification on either appshopper or appzapp. You can also have appzapp send you an email.

And I agree, Sonic Dash is frustrating as hell and very unfair.

Heel

TDEZO9nl.jpg

How are you supposed to get these bux?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Yeah, I've never played here before so I have no clue that the fuck is going on.
Just played through it in single. The city land that comes after it... o_O

Having quite a bit of bad luck in multi though. :p
Loving race multi as well.

I wish you could pick which music tracks would play, some are horrendous while the one used in the trailer is fantastic.

What? I did already, it just always fails to send my turn (even pushing the retry button many timres it always fails) when I go to try and do it again from scratch it tells me it you guys' turn now.
Did it send my turn with my worm doing something or standing still?

Still says its your turn from Thursday.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Still says its your turn from Thursday.

Yes, noticed now. Tried to take my turn once again but it fails when sending it.
I guess I'll try not from 3G but from wifi, which I don't have atm and it's the same reason I can't upload the stuff from the challenge. Hopefully tomorrow wikl be fine, sorry

PFD

Looking for async matches in SSG2 (Pray For Death on GC). Currently waiting for Flunkie to play his turn :p

RustyO

Flunkie

Banned
What? I did already, it just always fails to send my turn (even pushing the retry button many timres it always fails) when I go to try and do it again from scratch it tells me it you guys' turn now.
Did it send my turn with my worm doing something or standing still?

Do you have the latest update?

Edit: Got your turn 17 min ago.

Infinte Loop, the placement of worms in this most recent game is horseshit.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Do you have the latest update?

Dunno, I've bought the game the day you pimped its async multi the other day

Edit: Got your turn 17 min ago.

Infinte Loop, the placement of worms in this most recent game is horseshit.

Yeah but it's crap, I mean I tried to start 5 games with infinite loop and nothing, the last one I suicide bazooka myself and it gets sent?! Ffs I'm bad enough already

Here's what I keep gettin':

Flunkie

Banned
Dunno, I've bought the game the day you pimped its async multi the other day

Yeah but it's crap, I mean I tried to start 5 games with infinite loop and nothing, the last one I suicide bazooka myself and it gets sent?! Ffs I'm bad enough already

Here's what I keep gettin':

Check for an update on the App Store then. I had those (once or twice with you) before the update, but then I haven't had a single problem with corrupt matches after.

PittaGAF

Having just gotten into Hunters; this interestes me greatly.

Yeah.
Consider, if they stick to the boardgame and it really seems they do besides some 'videogaming' adaptations, the game will be really different from Hunters.
I can safely say it has been a VERY long time since I was so hyped for an upcoming game (on any platform).
I'm really attached to Warhammer Quest (maybe my fav game ever for a number of reasons) and, excluding a GW reprint, this is the best I can get.
To the point that some friends of mine, whom I was playing the boardgame more than 20 years ago with, are considering getting an iPad just for this (I would say that if multiplayer ever comes, it's a given).

I really hope the game is great as the (awesome) preview imply, and nothing major sticks out.

chris121580

Anyone else been playing Nimblequest in their browser? Game is an absolute blast. Can't wait for it to come out. It's being shut down tonight so if you haven't tried it yet, you should. It's linked on the home page of toucharcade.com

ToxicAdam

I'm not a big fan of asynch gameplay, so I was very happy to find real-time competition in Big Fish's Match Up game.

It has three different games you can compete with. A word game, a mahjong game and Qbeez. Qbeez in particular is amazingly addictive. Each game has three different real-time modes: tournament, H2H and knockout.

It's free.

Lucis

Disclaimer:
This game is made by my college roommate (who happens to still be a very good friend of mine until this date XD). It is a pretty unique original single player full length RPG that some might deem rare in today's AppStore Market. (I also posted a thread about this, but no traction)

The game's name is <Nameless: the Hackers>, it can be categorized as a new type RPG on the mobile device (iOS only currently). It just came out yesterday, regular price is going to be 3.99, on sale now for 1.99 during launch!

Nameless: the Hackers is a hard game to describe entirely. It is an RPG but does not follow exact RPG elements. We looked back and thought how we could design an RPG made specifically for the smart phone. Something that you could play easily while waiting in line at the supermarket or while you were jogging at the gym.

It is a full fledged hard-core rpg that is bite sized. What does this mean? The game can be played for long stretches of time, or you can play it for a minute or two. All of these are possible without losing your pace or being punished for it.

About the Game

Nameless: the Hackers is a mix between several genres. We have RPG style gameplay mixed with visual novel cutscenes (heavily influenced by Phoenix Wright and the Tales series).

The gameplay entails the following: You go through the story line and find out what your objective is. The objective is laid out on a world map. You have to beat the objective to progress through the story. But the objective is not that simple. You will have to do random missions laid around the map, or go into towns and seek out new information.

Information is given as an "Infocard". By collecting information, you gain stat points which will help you become stronger. Also, there are skills which you can upgrade, and you can upgrade as many as you'd like, or as little. The skills all have a unique purpose which can be used in multiple battle scenarios.

The battle system is a bit unique. It borrows from the traditional turn based battle system, but with a twist. You can choose one move from any of the characters you control. The enemy also chooses a move. Then the moves play out at the same time. Some moves will have different results depending on the move that the enemy has done. For example...

If you were to attack with KILL9 (A move that acts as a counterspell), the enemy's attack may be canceled. Alternatively, if the enemy casts "disconnect" and successfully disconnects the player you have chosen, your move will be canceled.

You can also lay viruses into the enemy which deal damage, and then cast another skill that causes them to explode instantaneously. Or the enemy can cast virus on you and you can wipe them away with data recovery.

There's actually a little bit of strategy involved including elemental damage which are effected by protection walls that can be casted and other stuff I'll leave for you to find out.

For the towns and cutscenes, you are able to make dialogue decisions that will give a different conversation. The main story doesn't really change, but sometimes you'll find out more about the lore that you may not have if you had chosen a different story.

Anyway, there's a TON of other little systems in this game that form Nameless: the Hackers.

A few things: we will provide free content updates occasionally (depending on how well the game does) and always try to fix all and every bug. This will not be some kind of abandonware.

And we currently have no IAP. We are planning some in the future, but I guess we'll just wait and see what people really want and get some feedback first. So have no fear, you'll be able to beat the game without having to spend any more money than the initial purchase (EVER).

All the music/art in game are original.

Here's the Trailer and iTunes link

KingKong

I'm not really enjoying Super Stickman Golf 2, the courses seem really gimmicky and they look worse than the original, they have no style

I'm not really enjoying Super Stickman Golf 2, the courses seem really gimmicky and they look worse than the original, they have no style

I hate City Land as a course - I completely agree with what you are saying. Now I'm onto the hard tour it's becoming a bit of a bore having to wait on a rotating platform for another rotating platform to appear so I can aim for the tiny pink sticky blob on it. Doesn't make for particularly fluid gameplay - moreso when you compare to the earlier courses which were a joy.

I was having a blast to start with - and still am with the turn-about multiplayer. I've had my money's worth so far though.

suikodan

Disclaimer:
The game's name is <Nameless: the Hackers>, it can be categorized as a new type RPG on the mobile device (iOS only currently). It just came out yesterday, regular price is going to be 3.99, on sale now for 1.99 during launch!

Congrats, you made a sale! You got me interested!

Flunkie

Banned
lol, 2 on the bridge over the water.

That last game that went right down the wire was good.
Yeah. Worms on iOS async is a match made in heaven. I can't believe this isn't more popular. We kinda need am async thread. We alread have one for board games, but there are awesome async games out there like Disc Drivin and Worms 2 that aren't board games, but I still feel like they deserve a thread.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Yeah. Worms on iOS async is a match made in heaven. I can't believe this isn't more popular. We kinda need am async thread. We alread have one for board games, but there are awesome async games out there like Disc Drivin and Worms 2 that aren't board games, but I still feel like they deserve a thread.

For me, because it's Worms, played out over a decade ago.

Pachimari

I bought Modern Warfare 4 on sale for 99c and it's fantastic, probably the best shooter on the platform! Could become the best shooter for me since MAG, Call of Duty 2 and Rainbow Six 3 but it depends on its longevity in multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom