• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread March 2013: It's $1 per post, $5 for 8 posts or $10 for 20 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops yeah that's want I meant.

on the other hand. You can play as motherfucking Tails.

8534690593_18929c441b.jpg

When was the last time, you could play as Tails in a 3D game? Sonic Adventure 1, holy shit.

Goli

Whoops yeah that's want I meant.

on the other hand. You can play as motherfucking Tails.

8534690593_18929c441b.jpg

When was the last time, you could play as Tails in a 3D game? Sonic Adventure 1, holy shit.

Sonic Adventure 2?
Sonic Heroes?
And that screenshot made my urge to play Sonic Dash rise. Must. Not. Purchase.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Awesome! Add me people, and I'll do the same.

I'm pissed at you that didn't contact ME to be added, ME!!!!! You've robbed me of such a satisfaction to add my 300th member to the list, thus you're forever blacklisted and will be wiped off the list

read the "rules" on the OP, you're supposed to start adding people yourself (remember to identify yourself as a gaffer in the message) and not just wait for others to add since it probably won't happen out of the blue

Many don't know that you can add multiple people with just one friend request, just separate the names with a comma

Remeber to add ME only of you agree with the rules posted on the iOS Challenge post, it's the #2 post just below the op.

Welcome aboard!
you bastard :p

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Question guys:

Liberation Maiden, iOS or 3DS?

You are on an iOS thread. What answer are you seriously expecting?
--------

This is LTTP but I recently started playing Waking Mars. I got the game when it came out a year ago, but it was impossible to play on an iPhone so I got it for iPad now. I'm very disappointed by it to be honest. The Secret of Bryce Manor was outstanding, but this game, while it has some good ideas, is just boring as sin mechanics and story wise. I think I'm done with it.

VARIA

You are on an iOS thread. What answer are you seriously expecting?

An honest answer. If someone asks me what version of a multi-platform port I've played is better, I'm not going to base my judgment on the title of the thread I'm currently in.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I think if the question was about Gunman Clive, people would definitely say 3DS.

Yep.
Same for Murant Mudds and maybe even Shantae (unless it's still $15 on DSi/3DS and $0.99 on the appstore like when I grabbed it on iPad, if that's true then scratch that lol)
Even Zen/Marvel Pinball I would actually say both are good at what they do.
Price, best 3D on the system (and for pinball you'll find that 3D is actually amazing) and controls for 3DS, support as a unified platform, framerate equal smooth gameplay, bigger community for leaderboards, visual clarity and bigger screen in TATE for iPad (never tried on iPhone).

Also I regret to never have bought Ghost Recon Shadow Warriors by Jullian Gallop 'cause of that bogus statement that it was coming soon to iOS... this was said almost 2 years ago? -_-

soldat7

My wonderful wife is getting me an iCade for my b-day. Can't wait! What are the best games for it? Metal Slug will be the first game I play.

Horn has dropped from $6.99 to $2.99 again. I think I remember a gaffer saying they thought it might go F2P in the future based on the strong IAP push.

Anyone have an impression of the game?

Pixels

Sonic Dash has really terrible random obstacle placement. While Temple Run 2 feels fair, this just feels cheap.

GWX

Horn has dropped from $6.99 to $2.99 again. I think I remember a gaffer saying they thought it might go F2P in the future based on the strong IAP push.

Anyone have an impression of the game?

I tried the free version three weeks ago or so, and the game felt very janky, with framerate problems even with a fourth-generation iPad. Not impressed :/

Sonic Dash has really terrible random obstacle placement. While Temple Run 2 feels fair, this just feels cheap.

I'm enjoying the game but I've noticed this too, blind wall to jump over as you land no time to react to a low obstacle you has no chance to see. I found jumping over gaps was a bit suspect also as the game did not pick up my swipe where for sure it always did on temple run.

Sega are pretty good about updating their games so I'm sure a bug and balance update wont be far off.

Vyer

8 Ball Pool is well done, I've enjoyed the multiplayer. Anyone want to play later, I'm vyerx there.

The Miku Flick games are both about half price, £3.99 or whatever dollars.

Anyone know if they're good, or if one's better than the other?

ToxicAdam

Just received the Ipad 3 the other day, after gaming on my Ipad 2 for the past year.

After reinstalling all my games, it's kind of incredible how different some of these games look now in comparison. More color depth and the loading and execution of these games just snap along.

I always kind of rolled my eyes when people raved about the retina display when it came out. Because I would do the comparisons in-store and just didn't see a big enough of a difference. It wasn't until I played a bunch of games I was already familiar with that I could really see the difference.

I know this is all LTTP for most of you, but just thought I'd share.

PFD

First prize to flunky for the most game centre spam then? Haha I do love extreme road trip though

LOL I remember that

Just received the Ipad 3 the other day, after gaming on my Ipad 2 for the past year.

After reinstalling all my games, it's kind of incredible how different some of these games look now in comparison. More color depth and the loading and execution of these games just snap along.

I always kind of rolled my eyes when people raved about the retina display when it came out. Because I would do the comparisons in-store and just didn't see a big enough of a difference. It wasn't until I played a bunch of games I was already familiar with that I could really see the difference.

I know this is all LTTP for most of you, but just thought I'd share.

iPad 3 or 4 ? Cause they don't sell the 3 anymore (unless refurbished). And I agree, the retina display is gorgeous.

Block Fortress is being featured by Apple as their editor's choice. I was gonna buy it blindly anyway because the devs are awesome and H&C was great.

Goli

I sent a mass friend request to everyone on the list using the csv file. Someone should add it to the OP.

Laughlin

I'm pissed at you that didn't contact ME to be added, ME!!!!! You've robbed me of such a satisfaction to add my 300th member to the list, thus you're forever blacklisted and will be wiped off the list

read the "rules" on the OP, you're supposed to start adding people yourself (remember to identify yourself as a gaffer in the message) and not just wait for others to add since it probably won't happen out of the blue

Many don't know that you can add multiple people with just one friend request, just separate the names with a comma

Remeber to add ME only of you agree with the rules posted on the iOS Challenge post, it's the #2 post just below the op.

Welcome aboard!
you bastard :p

Yes sir...

Does Tiny Wings HD have separate leaderboards, I'm guessing? I'd like to participate in the challenge, and I'd rather do so on iPad, but if they're not compatible, I guess I'll get the iPhone version.

EDIT: I see the answer in the official thread. iPhone version it is!

Good luck unlocking more then sonic in sonic dash without spending more money, earning red rings is real slow and it's rather hard, 3 challenges = 3 rings, you need at least 35 to unlock amy and to save then you need to not buy any lives, it's hard.

The game should have been free with these kind of things locked behind hard to get currency without paying out your nose for them.

The Miku Flick games are both about half price, £3.99 or whatever dollars.

Anyone know if they're good, or if one's better than the other?

I can't help but feel a large part of their enjoyment requires actually being familiar with Japanese flick input outside of the game. Without that aspect, it's just a space-hogging music game (the first game takes up over 1 GB) with an awkward input method.

Break The Limit mode is also hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom