• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is HOT RYU™ the most significant event in videogame history?

Is HOT RYU™ the most significant event in videogame history?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KDC720

I'm not even a big Street Fighter fan, but slapping a beard on Ryu has to be one of his best redesigns ever imo.

This really should have been his main design.

It would be the greatest redesign of an iconic fighting game character since Terry Bogard's Mark of the Wolves redesign:

Z30msRKl.jpg
T8dmXg3l.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Okay, sure. And I guess they give Cammy a skintight leotard because it's practical, too.
Oh no, I think skimpy outfits on female characters is blatantly an attempt to sexualise them, I don't think anyone is questioning that.

But I just can't see "Ryu will look really sexy with a beard" being a conversation in the boardroom. I think they gave him one simply because it's fashionable.
For the love of god this is just sad. We get tits McGee R Mika and the rest of us are throwing our hands to the lord for getting a shirtless guy.
What? I don't think anyone is complaining about a shirtless Ryu, there have been shirtless Ryu models before. I think people are questioning the validity of the OP's assumption that he's got a beard now because it makes him look sexy.

Nice strawman though.

.Anema

You clicked on "Post New Thread", typed "Is Hot Ryu the most significant event in videogame history?" and then clicked "Submit New Thread"?.
Really OP? REALLY?

And no, of course it's not the most significant event... It's irrelevant.

Gbraga

Oh no, I think skimpy outfits on female characters is blatantly an attempt to sexualise them, I don't think anyone is questioning that.

But I just can't see "Ryu will look really sexy with a beard" being a conversation in the boardroom. I think they gave him one simply because it's fashionable.

His hair is also different. They changed him to fit a certain look, they didn't just slap a beard on his face and called it a day.

What? I don't think anyone is complaining about a shirtless Ryu, there have been shirtless Ryu models before. I think people are questioning the validity of the OP's assumption that he's got a beard now because it makes him look sexy.

Nice strawman though.

What on earth are you talking about? I was bemoaning the fact that we are saddled with a shirtless bearded hunk as a paradigm of eye candy for those of us who enjoy the view of such thing. I'm not certain who is complaining about what?

the only shitposts i see here are the ones whining about the thread tbh

This is fair, but if you draw attention to it it only gets worse.

Bayonetta said:
Im just letting them know they can get banned for complaining about threads. You can ask some people around and see some do get banned for whining/complaining about the existence of the thread.

They'll learn themselves eventually, you're just making it worse. Not that I'm doing any better, of course.

Looking at him makes me want to go to the gym more just so I can get that bod. The beard I can grow in a couple days, but developing that physique is going to take a while.

I wish someone looked at me like they do that Ryu T_T

I was expecting hotter, I mean it's just Ryu with a not very convincing beard (it almost looks like a fake beard). That said I'm a straight male so what do I know. At least it confirms my belief that well-trimmed beards are the way to go for us guys.

It makes much more sense for him to have a beard, though. He's been practically a wandering hobo most of his life, it's hard to imagine shaving every morning is exactly a priority for him.

moomoo14

So, this thread inspired me to ask actual girls if they found dad Ryu to be attractive. They did not.

I think this is aimed towards what men consider attractive; what we wish to look like.

So, this thread inspired me to ask actual girls if they found dad Ryu to be attractive. They did not.

I think this is aimed towards what men consider attractive; what we wish to look like.

Hi, what about gay men? I'm pretty sure we're the ones sending GameStop's preorders to the roof.

MGrant

As a counter-balance, I asked my roommate if she thought he was hot, and she said yes.

Kater

Banned

How big is your sample group tho? Did you ask around 500 girls of various ages?

NinjaBoiX

What on earth are you talking about? I was bemoaning the fact that we are saddled with a shirtless bearded hunk as a paradigm of eye candy for those of us who enjoy the view of such thing. I'm not certain who is complaining about what?
Oh sorry, I misinterpreted your post. I thought you meant "throwing your hands up" in despair not joy!

Kinsei

Banned

Gay men. There's also been at least one girl in this thread saying she finds him attractive.

rhandino

Banned

Did you also asked to people in the Gay and Bisexual demographic what they thought of Daddy Ryu?

TrSajaH.gif

Sai-kun

Banned

wow guys

moomoo14 settled everything for us. i guess shut the thread down? sorry, daddy godels

Top Bottom