• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

You could get Daigasso P basically for free (until jan. 2015).
If all codes are gone, I've got a few more. Just pm me. (same goes for everyone else).
I somehow missed this totally awesome and generous post! Thank you, but I ended up buying the game so no code needed! I have both DS games and the expansion cart too, love the franchise. Can't wait to try this one!
Ugh that Smash New LL looks way better than the first pic of it.
Is that up for preorder? Where are new images?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Was looking through the games list on Amazon and noticed Devil Survivor 2 Break Code is still scheduled for 2014 even though it's really in development limbo (ヽ´ω`)

It is matte, so there should be no problems with fingerprints.
Thanks for the info. Looked through Dengeki's preview a little bit though and they say the normal new3DS' screen doesn't feel as small as you'd think coming from an LL. Decided I'm ready for a more lightweight version anyways and prefer fully matte to the metallic look as well.

Dagon

Grabbed a black Regular New 3DS and an Isabelle faceplate from Nippon Yasan! I'm in the UK though, so not sure if I'm gonna get hit with import taxes..

Anyone else imported from Nippon Yasan to the UK? I think I used EMS shipping.

I've gone with FedEx to the UK. We can compare import duty notes when they arrive. I'd be interested to hear if one shipping method is better than another.

I did notice that one of the shipping options on Nippon Yassan included a cost for VAT, so I guess that takes care of import duties upfront. It was £45 versus £15 for FedEx, and I didn't want to pay that much so I'm taking a chance on FedEx.

I had a question about the sides and underside of the LL. I noticed that the underside and sides of the LL appear to have some sort of a textured appearance.

ep4vzoO.jpg
q3iMfJI.jpg

I'm assuming this has already been covered and I'm just behind, but is this actually textured like that? Is it slightly grippier? Or is it still smooth hard plastic, just with a fine-striped finish?

I've gone with FedEx to the UK. We can compare import duty notes when they arrive. I'd be interested to hear if one shipping method is better than another.

I did notice that one of the shipping options on Nippon Yassan included a cost for VAT, so I guess that takes care of import duties upfront. It was £45 versus £15 for FedEx, and I didn't want to pay that much so I'm taking a chance on FedEx.

Play-asia put the exact price on the label, so fedex will always charge you (this is my experience anyway...) Nippon-yasan have always put a smaller amount (e.g. 1000 yen) so I've never been charged with Fedex. I'm not sure what they'll do with a bigger package (the console), but I'm expecting to pay import charges of some kind...

(UK too)

Weils

Neo Member
Yeah, I was really surprised that Nippon-Yasan would come so close to the Amazon prices (which I assume are RRP). I expected them to be way cheaper than Play-Asia, but not this! Hopefully there won't be any problems with orders later, but I trust them.

So what did everyone get? Here's my catch:

Just over the 200 euro mark. In hindsight I wish I didn't grab a second faceplate to save some money but it's not too bad. Today's my birthday so I'll just see it as a present to myself, haha.

Got the following items for my first 3DS purchase:

aXsKQ8w.png

Official 3DS charger (as I already have a spare converter to use), screen protector for the LL and micro USB to 3DS connector for use with phone charger in case I don't have my official one with me.
18NRejV.png

Total up to US$360. After all these purchases I won't be able to splurge on anything like that for a while. :p

kubus

Got the following items for my first 3DS purchase:

Official 3DS charger (as I already have a spare converter to use), screen protector for the LL and micro USB to 3DS connector for use with phone charger in case I don't have my official one with me.
18NRejV.png

Total up to US$360. After all these purchases I won't be able to splurge on anything like that for a while. :p
Awesome haul!

Not sure if you know this, but you can use a charger from your own region to charge the 3DS. I've always used my European charger with my Japanese 3DS and it works fine!

Letep

Have any of you been able to cancel an order with Nin Nin Game? I placed an order for a New 3DS, and used paypal, but instead of using my linked credit card, it debited immediately from my bank account. This was yesterday. I emailed Nin Nin, but haven't heard back. Does anyone know of a customer service number or anything?

Have any of you been able to cancel an order with Nin Nin Game? I placed an order for a New 3DS, and used paypal, but instead of using my linked credit card, it debited immediately from my bank account. This was yesterday. I emailed Nin Nin, but haven't heard back. Does anyone know of a customer service number or anything?

No customer service number and there is usually a lengthy wait before a response. It used to be you could send them a message on their Facebook page but they recently disabled comments. Your best bet might be to contact them through Twitter

Jackano

Play-Asia (Digital Code)
Slightly more expensive than Nin-Nin Game, but they promise that your code will be delivered to you in your account instantly after purchase.

Just did this to feed my account for SSB 3DS.
It works great. By "to your account", P-A means your P-A account.
You receive an email after paiement with a direct link to your digital purchase summary on P-A.com and with the code on an image there.

kubus

Ami Ami's preorders have opened (search for nintendo 3ds)

Cheap cheap cheap!

Unfortunately my packages from them always get picked out by customs :(

edit: nevermind, preorders already closed lol

shaowebb

Everyday I wakeup and the promised english translation of Culdcept for the 3ds isn't ready is a bad day. It was announced AT LAUNCH.

I'm so eager to play it...I wanna use that Guan Yu card. ;_;

CANLI

Everyday I wakeup and the promised english translation of Culdcept for the 3ds isn't ready is a bad day. It was announced AT LAUNCH.

Email the developers. Maybe you'll know what's going on.
Just bought Daigasso p. Owned the old Ds game too. The game makes me discover some great Japanese songs that I couldn't find by watching only YouTube.

Just went on Nippon-Yasan and pre-ordered the LL charging stand and 32gb MicroSD card. Opted to pay later, so I'll pay the first week of October. I've never ordered from them so I hope they don't screw up my address given DC was not listed under the States but I did write out Washington DC under city so here's hoping...

Gameboy415

Gon Baku Baku Baku Baku Adventure is great, but pricey, as it is out of print and not available on the eshop. Also check out the first Crayon Shin-Chan game for the 3DS, it is a really fun platformer.

Dang, I wasn't aware of that - thanks for the heads up!
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a copy from Nippon-Yasan for a little over $50 shipped.

I also pre-ordered a Black New 3DS, Cover Plate #05, and a charging cradle for $227 with FedEx shipping from Nippon-Yasan! :D
It's a great deal (IMO) considering Play-Asia is now charging $215 for just the New 3DS (plus shipping!).

Can't wait! :D

Zornica

Banned

what promised english translation? did I miss something?

even without it the game is perfectly playable if you don't care about it's story. the voice acting is entirely in english and there are websites that have all cards translated.

kubus

Anyone have some shipping advice for me?

Bought the New White 3DS, a Charging Station and two Faceplates at Nippon-yasan. I opted for registered EMS shipment, which should take two to three days. I'm in the Netherlands.

Should I split the 3DS and the accessories into two shipments? I know Nippon-Yasan marks down their packages, but if I ship everything together it will be more suspicious as the box gets larger. If they open the box, I'm screwed and would probably have to pay import duties over all the items. If I ship the accessories separately, at least those could easily pass customs.

It would be slightly more expensive to ship them separately, but if it significantly lowers the risk of getting caught at customs, I'll do it.

Netto-kun

Anyone have some shipping advice for me?

Bought the New White 3DS, a Charging Station and two Faceplates at Nippon-yasan. I opted for registered EMS shipment, which should take two to three days. I'm in the Netherlands.

Should I split the 3DS and the accessories into two shipments? I know Nippon-Yasan marks down their packages, but if I ship everything together it will be more suspicious as the box gets larger. If they open the box, I'm screwed and would probably have to pay import duties over all the items. If I ship the accessories separately, at least those could easily pass customs.

It would be slightly more expensive to ship them separately, but if it significantly lowers the risk of getting caught at customs, I'll do it.
From all the times I've used Nippon-yasan, they never included invoces for the items I ordered. So I doubt customs will be able to do anything due to lack of invoice + marked down prices + package marked as gift. I have only ordered games from them though, so it's probably a good idea to hear from another GAFer who has imported consoles from them.

Also keep in mind that the New Nintendo 3DS is released on a Saturday, so depending on whether their local post office is open on Saturdays (edit: though I assume they are using one of those that are open on Saturdays) or not, the package may be shipped on Monday instead (unless you request them to ship on Friday?). Add to the fact that Nippon-yasan is located in Matsuyama in Shikoku (one of the four main Japanese islands). So even with EMS shipping the package first need to be shipped to Osaka (what the item tracking page usually shows), which takes anything from half a day to a whole day. Then it'll take another 2~4 days for the package to arrive in your country.

Koppai

what promised english translation? did I miss something?

even without it the game is perfectly playable if you don't care about it's story. the voice acting is entirely in english and there are websites that have all cards translated.

Holy crap, the voice acting is all in English? o_O

Jackano

I have a question, either for OP (thanks again for the Club Nintendo JP guide, I've been looking for this a long time!) or someone who know:
Is there a way to retro-activate your downloaded purchases to your newly created Club Nintendo account?
I think I've a couple things on my 3DS, I may want them "tied" to my CN/NNID accounts now.

Mask

Yeah, I did consider going with Transi-logistic, but couldn't justify the cost.

I'm hoping it'll be alright, because I've ordered a ton of stuff from Japan before and never been stung by import tax yet. Now that I think about it, I think EMS was the main type of shipping I used on my other stuff too, so hopefully my luck continues! I'll definitely post any documentation I receive here for you guys to compare too.

Koppai

Yay my friend told me that he ordered it finally for both of us! :)

$227 each (1 white n3ds, 1 cradle, 1 faceplate)

<3

Zornica

Banned
I have a question, either for OP (thanks again for the Club Nintendo JP guide, I've been looking for this a long time!) or someone who know:
Is there a way to retro-activate your downloaded purchases to your newly created Club Nintendo account?
I think I've a couple things on my 3DS, I may want them "tied" to my CN/NNID accounts now.

nope, I had the same problem with Mh4. If you bought something before you linked your 3ds and your club Nintendo account it doesn't count.

if there's still anyone interested in free Daigasso P, I've got a few more download codes. Just pm and I'll send you one.

Noticed the hardware releaseson a Saturday, so instead of preordering it at Yodobashi Camera, which is close to my work place, I preordered it at Tsutaya which is closer to my house. Shop opens up at 8am that day - hype!

Zornica

Banned
Noticed the hardware releaseson a Saturday, so instead of preordering it at Yodobashi Camera, which is close to my work place, I preordered it at Tsutaya which is closer to my house. Shop opens up at 8am that day - hype!

Do you believe this is going to sell out? I've been thinking about pre-ordering... but I might just as well try my luck at the closest store on the 11th...

Do you believe this is going to sell out? I've been thinking about pre-ordering... but I might just as well try my luck at the closest store on the 11th...
No, I think it won't be a problem to get one on launch day. Getting the color you want may be a problem at some stores, but I would rule that out too. But then again, Monster Hunter 4G launches the same day, so you never know. I just wanna pick up the system without any hassle, go back home and play Smash Bros and MonHun that day :).

kubus

From all the times I've used Nippon-yasan, they never included invoces for the items I ordered. So I doubt customs will be able to do anything due to lack of invoice + marked down prices + package marked as gift. I have only ordered games from them though, so it's probably a good idea to hear from another GAFer who has imported consoles from them.

Also keep in mind that the New Nintendo 3DS is released on a Saturday, so depending on whether their local post office is open on Saturdays (edit: though I assume they are using one of those that are open on Saturdays) or not, the package may be shipped on Monday instead (unless you request them to ship on Friday?). Add to the fact that Nippon-yasan is located in Matsuyama in Shikoku (one of the four main Japanese islands). So even with EMS shipping the package first need to be shipped to Osaka (what the item tracking page usually shows), which takes anything from half a day to a whole day. Then it'll take another 2~4 days for the package to arrive in your country.
Hmm alright. I gues I'll take my chances with just one package then and hope that Nippon-Yasan pulls through :D.

And yeah good point about the shipping delay. It's no big deal though, it'll get it here when it gets here.

For people who don't have their 3ds yet, I used this site to get mine. http://www.buygame2.com/en/

It costs a lot less than the other sites suggested and I've had no problem with them (used them 2 or 3 times). They also helpfully told me that asian version doesn't work on Japanese 3ds, unlike ps3.

Impotaku

Seems like all the ones at Amazon Japan have gone now, just marketplace resellers charging ripoff prices. Glad i got in sooner than later.

Impotaku

Decided to pick up some games that i have been meaning to get for a while as quite a few of them are now quite cheap, however the first project mirai seems to be getting a lot harder to find so the price is slowly climbing ended up having to pay 6000yen for that one, decided to jump on it now than wait for the supplies to dry up, made that mistake far too many times wth DS.

Sooo on the way to me is......

Project mirai
Project mirai 2
Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi o Yobu Kasukabe Eiga Stars!
Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3: Taikaizoku to Shippo Dan
Rhythm Kaitou R: Koutei Napoleon no Isan
Daigasso band brothers P
Cooking mama 5
Gardening mama: Mama to mori no nakamatachi

That pretty much catches me upto nearly everything released that i would like for 3DS just a few Doraemon games left to get hold of.

Letep

With regard to preorders on Nippon-yasan, if the Yen price of the new 3DS goes up, and I've preorderded witht the "pay later" option, will the price on my preorder go up accordingly?

Alternately, if I for the order at the time of orders, will the price be affected?

kubus

Just ordered Daigassou Band Brothers P from eBay. It was pretty expensive (&#8364;27 incl shipping), but it was the cheapest out of all alternatives :(. Anyway, I'll finally be able to check out the locked modes from the debut version.

By the way we should exchange friend codes!

My FC: 4253-4131-1680

edit: fml, just saw that the Band Brothers I bought from ebay was from a store called Akiba Games. Heard that name before, googled it: they are a import website and they're selling the game for &#8364;10 there >_<. Could've saved a tenner by shopping directly from them instead of their ebay storefront.

Impotaku

Would be nice to have some people on my friends list as i never bothered with that side of the 3DS, i have added you both.

Im assuming you need to have my friend code to complete the process?

my Japanese FC is 4081-5470-0220

Josephl64

Would be nice to have some people on my friends list as i never bothered with that side of the 3DS, i have added you both.

Im assuming you need to have my friend code to complete the process?

my Japanese FC is 4081-5470-0220

I believe so, I'll add you in a sec

kiryogi

Banned
Once had a epic DS import collection but most of it was stolen D: Just know it consisted of almost every JRPG released and niche gaming XD

So just listing 3DS

EX-Troopers
Theatrhythm
Theatrhythm Curtain Call
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2
Bravely Default: For the Sequel
Senran Kagura
Senran Kagura Burst
Senran Kagura 2
Beyond the Labyrinth (Missing ;-; but have case)
Stardust Amazoness (Picked this up digitally during the Heroines Sale ohoho)
Gyakuten Saiban Naruhodo Selection
Project X Zone

Just doing a quick scan. . . Was I the only import gaffer that got Amazoness. lol D:

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just doing a quick scan. . . Was I the only import gaffer that got Amazoness. lol D:
Literally just bought that today after playing the demo

Voice actors that actually speak in
ese
Kyoto ben are so rare and I absolutely love it

kiryogi

Banned
Literally just bought that today after playing the demo

Voice actors that actually speak in
ese
Kyoto ben are so rare and I absolutely love it

What's interesting is that the game does have decent production values behind it. Fully voiced, and good visuals. It's not a halfbad dungeon crawler fanservice aside with it's own take on a turnbased battle system.

My FC: 4356-1601-1114

Mainly play MH, Smash in a week, you're welcome to join my room on MH4 (4G when that releases) if you see it, I don't mind if you're new to the game either ^^

Top Bottom