• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Josephl64

Once had a epic DS import collection but most of it was stolen D: Just know it consisted of almost every JRPG released and niche gaming XD

So just listing 3DS

EX-Troopers
Theatrhythm
Theatrhythm Curtain Call
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2
Bravely Default: For the Sequel
Senran Kagura
Senran Kagura Burst
Senran Kagura 2
Beyond the Labyrinth (Missing ;-; but have case)
Stardust Amazoness (Picked this up digitally during the Heroines Sale ohoho)
Gyakuten Saiban Naruhodo Selection
Project X Zone

Just doing a quick scan. . . Was I the only import gaffer that got Amazoness. lol D:

I was going to pick up Amazoness but the place where I usually get stuff sold out and I never got around to it afterwards...I still really want it

xSL4INx

I recently picked up Taiko No Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken and I'm loving it so far, it's mostly what I've been playing outside of some Mario Picross 2 of the eShop.

Also, I don't think I ever posted my FC in this thread for my Japanese 3DS, so feel free to add me, and if you do, message me to let me know yours! I only have MH4 and I'll have smash at the end of the week when it comes out.

FC: 1091-8743-4336

Impotaku

I recently picked up Taiko No Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken and I'm loving it so far, it's mostly what I've been playing outside of some Mario Picross 2 of the eShop.

Also, I don't think I ever posted my FC in this thread for my Japanese 3DS, so feel free to add me, and if you do, message me to let me know yours! I only have MH4 and I'll have smash at the end of the week when it comes out.

FC: 1091-8743-4336

Added your friend code to my list.

Btw if anyone has the second taiko game you can use this guide to unlock all the secret costumes, the QR codes were originally scattered on various Japanese snacks & promotional stuff/magazines ect, there are even codes to unlock the 7-11 exclusive stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/krhhc67

GamerJM

Banned
I'm about to order a digital code for Japanese 3DS points from Play-Asia, does anyone know how long it'll take? I just noticed that it said it doesn't ship immediately.

Impotaku

I was thinking the expensive grey one might be metal, i have it ordered so i'll find out when it eventually arrives. Could be leather though i guess.

kubus

Well the cheapest faceplates are just one single color. The mid-tier faceplates have a some sort of pattern, and the most expensive ones seem to also have some sort of texture (wood, metal). So I always thought that was the reason for the price categories...

Dragoshi1

Importing a Japanese 3DS on Friday, probably either a red or white one, off of Amazon!

Obviously for Smash Bros, but also for the Happinesscharge Precure game, and some others.

I didn't see anybody mention Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode. It's fun to play, it has tons of added content from the PSP version, and it's not too hard to understand (they got furigana going on even on the simpler kanji)

Even people not familiar with Digimon can enjoy it as a nice RPG.

Josephl64

Importing a Japanese 3DS on Friday, probably either a red or white one, off of Amazon!

Obviously for Smash Bros, but also for the Happinesscharge Precure game, and some others.

Tell me how you like that Precure game :)

Okay I believe I added everyone so far

hongcha

I was going to pick up Amazoness but the place where I usually get stuff sold out and I never got around to it afterwards...I still really want it

I only played the demo, but I thought it was awful. Terrible characters, idiotic story/dialogue, very bland and boring dungeon crawling. There are plenty of better dungeon crawlers out there.

Josephl64

I only played the demo, but I thought it was awful. Terrible characters, idiotic story/dialogue, very bland and boring dungeon crawling. There are plenty of better dungeon crawlers out there.

I watched a friend play through it for bits at a time, it seemed fine, but granted I wasn't paying attention that much. Oh well, I'll still see for myself eventually one day

Dragoshi1

Yo guys, anyone have a list of current JP Eshop 3ds game prices?

I'm trying to figure out if I should import some games with my JP 3ds, or buy 'em off the eshop, but I'm wanting to go with the cheapest option, here.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
You might want to cancel that order as the New 3DS doesn't support SDXC cards... Look up a few posts!

Neither does the original 3DS. You have to format it to FAT32, then it works.

terrisus

I had no idea, that's awesome. It still worries me that the New 3DS FAQ specifically says they're not supported while NOA's 3DS support page makes no such claim but they're cheap enough and easily repurposed that it's worth taking a flyer.

I'm using a 64GD SDXC card on my 3DS right now, and have been for a few months.
No issue at all. As said, just format it as FAT32 and you're good to go.

Don't see why the new 3DS would go out of its way to make it not work.

I had no idea, that's awesome. It still worries me that the New 3DS FAQ specifically says they're not supported while NOA's 3DS support page makes no such claim but they're cheap enough and easily repurposed that it's worth taking a flyer.

I'm sure the reason the FAQ says it doesn't support it is to avoid confusion from your average consumer. Like mentioned earlier, you can actually use a 64GB or a 128GB card on a 3DS as long as it's formatted to FAT32. Your average consumer probably won't know how to do that.

Speaking of which, I believe I have the 64GB microSD card that's currently on sale, and it's a good deal. Currently using it on my Zelda 3DS XL and I have no complaints. :)

I'm using a 64GD SDXC card on my 3DS right now, and have been for a few months.
No issue at all. As said, just format it as FAT32 and you're good to go.

Don't see why the new 3DS would go out of its way to make it not work.

I think I agree that it is a bit disconcerting that it has been specifically stated the sdxc cards won't work. I mean, the revamped models might have some new inner working meant to keep them from working with sdxc cards, hence the official FAQ mentioning them... But I hope they work for anyone willing to try them out. I will just play it safe and use the Nintendo MicroSD until I hear more regarding someone's test with the sdxc

I think I agree that it is a bit disconcerting that it has been specifically stated the sdxc cards won't work. I mean, the revamped models might have some new inner working meant to keep them from working with sdxc cards, hence the official FAQ mentioning them... But I hope they work for anyone willing to try them out. I will just play it safe and use the Nintendo MicroSD until I hear more regarding someone's test with the sdxc

They say that because if you buy an SDXC card and pop it in your 3DS it won't work. You have to format it first to FAT32. It's a dumb reason, but for a lot of people formatting the SD card is too much to explain. For you and me, buying a 64GB card is no big deal.

Hatchtag

Banned
Anyone here use nin-nin before? They didn't ship out my system within the 3-4 business days they said they would and I'm a little salty about it, and I'm kind of wondering what my options are, espescially if it manages to ship any later.
Hope I don't come off entitled saying that lol. I'd understand and wouldn't be upset if it was an external shipping problem, but its not one, because it hasn't even been shipped out yet.

Impotaku

In the whole 3 times i used nin-nin i have only had one order go ok for me. Personally i wouldn't recommend them, some people have had no problems but i wasn't that lucky. Ordered 2 DS games & a Wii game.

One DS game came ok if a little slow, the second DS game was listed as in stock i placed an order & heard nothing only to find weeks later that they actually didn't have it & they cancelled my order. Same happened with a Wii game i wanted they listed as in stock & they never actually had it to start with. They are a nightmare to get hold of if something goes wrong as the contact method on their site is broken most of the time.

Hatchtag

Banned
In the whole 3 times i used nin-nin i have only had one order go ok for me. Personally i wouldn't recommend them, some people have had no problems but i wasn't that lucky. Ordered 2 DS games & a Wii game.

One DS game came ok if a little slow, the second DS game was listed as in stock i placed an order & heard nothing only to find weeks later that they actually didn't have it & they cancelled my order. Same happened with a Wii game i wanted they listed as in stock & they never actually had it to start with. They are a nightmare to get hold of if something goes wrong as the contact method on their site is broken most of the time.

o_O fuck. That'd piss me off pretty badly if that happened.
The 3ds I ordered is out of stock now, too. Dammit man you have me worried lol.
Plus their contact method seems shitty. Kinda odd they have no number to call.

kubus

Anyone here use nin-nin before? They didn't ship out my system within the 3-4 business days they said they would and I'm a little salty about it, and I'm kind of wondering what my options are, espescially if it manages to ship any later.
Hope I don't come off entitled saying that lol. I'd understand and wouldn't be upset if it was an external shipping problem, but its not one, because it hasn't even been shipped out yet.
I've used them multiple times. My Japanese 3DS is from them and I've also ordered things like figurines, books and games in the past.

My experience with them so far has been flawless. With my Japanese 3DS I was kinda nervous as it was the first time I imported a console and I had a lot of questions. They answered my e-mails very quickly, with a friendly tone and in clear language. This was back in 2011 I think (during the release of Monster Hunter 3G, as I bought the bundle) so maybe things have changed now.

Hope everything works out :(. Let us know what happens - if Nin-Nin is problematic nowadays I'll edit the OP (as they're recommended there).

Impotaku

Maybe i have just been very unlucky with them, i placed all my orders last year so they could have improved/worsened. No idea though as i haven't used them since then, the 3rd order was the final straw it took them 3 weeks to tell me that the wii game i had ordered that they had listed as in stock wasn't actually in stock at all.

I'd probably wait a week to see if they have shipped your order Hatchtag, but yeah their communication is not the best, i have heard that you can get hold of them easier by using their facebook page if you need to contact them.

Hatchtag

Banned
I've used them multiple times. My Japanese 3DS is from them and I've also ordered things like figurines, books and games in the past.

My experience with them so far has been flawless. With my Japanese 3DS I was kinda nervous as it was the first time I imported a console and I had a lot of questions. They answered my e-mails very quickly, with a friendly tone and in clear language. This was back in 2011 I think (during the release of Monster Hunter 3G, as I bought the bundle) so maybe things have changed now.

Hope everything works out :(. Let us know what happens - if Nin-Nin is problematic nowadays I'll edit the OP (as they're recommended there).

I'll be sure to let you guys know what happens! Funny you should mention that though, a used version of that bundle is what I bought.

Impotaku

Speaking of which, what places do people here mostly use??

I used to use Play Asia a lot as they are mostly reliable but their prices can be pretty extreme sometimes for popular items.

Also have used NCSX an american importer in the past for Japanese games, the time i have used them they were pretty good but their prices can be a little on the high side.

Nowdays i use Amazon Japan, so far not had a bad experience yet but i don't want to tempt fate, but so far im pretty impressed.

kubus

I'll be sure to let you guys know what happens! Funny you should mention that though, a used version of that bundle is what I bought.
Ahhh it's such a nice 3DS. You're in for a treat. Hope they'll come through and ship it out to you!

I'm considering selling my unit as I've got the New 3DS pre-ordered. If for some reason Nin-Nin cancels your order, feel free to send me a PM and maybe we can work something out. I would like to keep my system until my New 3DS arrives though (for the transfer), so in that case you'd have to wait a little while until I can ship it out.

...but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Nin-Nin delivers your items as promised!

Speaking of which, what places do people here mostly use??

[...]
Do you use Tenso with amazon? I really want to try them out sometime. Amazon's prices are really good.

So far I've used Nin-Nin, Nippon-Yasan and eBay. Pretty satisfied with all of them, although N-Y sure take their sweet time with shipping out items. I ordered Youkai Watch from them, was which recently restocked according to them, and it took 4 (working) days to ship it out! How hard can it be to grab a game, put it in an enveloppe and bring it to the post office?! :p. Can't really complain though, they say it can take that long on their website and I knew that when I placed my order. But still, it's something to keep in mind when ordering from them.

Impotaku

Yeah because i live here in the UK i have to use Tenso with Amazon Japan to get anything like gaming stuff. Amazons prices are shockingly good, a lot of games tend to drop in price to about 3000yen and lower, some games do get more expensive but most of the 3DS games i have been after have been cheaper than retail & a lot cheaper than most other import places. I ordered 8 games a few days ago & 7 of them are already sat in my Tenso addresss now, Amazon are pretty fast at getting things shipped. Just waiting for last one before i get Tenso to ship them off.

If you buy light stuff like games then Tenso's fees are suprisingly reasonable, i did get destroyed though when i went a little crazy & ordered massive boxes of sweets. 600 umaibo snacks was quite a lot LOL.

The taiko no tatsujin sweets were a worthy purchase though :)

Top Bottom