• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Leto joins Blade Runner sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Jared Leto has rounded out cast of Alcon’s “Blade Runner” sequel.

The pic stars Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling.

Directed by “Sicario” helmer Denis Villeneuve, the film also stars Robin Wright and Mackenzie Davis. Cinematographer Roger Deakins will reunite with Villeneuve on the project.

The sequel, set several decades after the original, is written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green, and succeeds the initial story by Fancher and David Peoples, based on Philip K. Dick’s novel “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.” Plot details are still under wraps.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jared-leto-blade-runner-sequel-1201840363/

I'm sure he's already working on a unicorn made out of his own foreskin to send to Harrison Ford. For immersion's sake.

He's a great actor. I'm sure he's going to rock it.

Unison

tumblr_o47t0v6q1L1sc4v2fo8_250.gif

post-22987-Ive-seen-things-you-people-wou-O9nZ.gif

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...I've seen Jared Leto cast in the fuckin' Blade Runner sequel...

Time...to die...

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
He should go back to making music. He literally could do anything else except movies. Write a book, be in a play, hell star in a video game.

Soma

Damn did suicide squad hurt leto's rep that bad? I generally like his acting but still haven't seen the movie 😐

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Good, he's a great actor and him doing weird shit on set of Suicide Squad doesn't change that.

Jocund

Uh, I thought people generally liked Jared Leto. What's up with these posts lamenting the casting news? Did Suicide Squad hurt him that bad?

Anyways, this sounds good. I have a lot of faith in this movie coming out well, what with all the talent behind it.

Main baddie?

I just hope he doesn't take it overboard. Rutger Hauer played Roy Blatty beautifully, and I would think Leto could bring that kind of depth as well.

I think this sounds great! Given the right material and director, Leto can be amazing.

Suicide Squad is not an indicator of what he can do.

Riptwo

Leto is a solid actor, and even though Blade Runner is my favourite movie and I should be wary about a sequel, I'm all in based on the people involved with this one. If this movie doesn't turn out well, it won't be due to a lack of talent with those involved.

Gosling/Ford/Villeneuve/Deakins was too amazing a combo, they needed to balance it out with a corny, hacky, try-hard motherfucker.

Maximus.

Eh, Leto was a bad Joker, but he's done a lot of other good movies, so I'm looking forward to it.

He wasn't a bad Joker. He was cut from the movie and clearly the direction of the movie did not do him justice. If there is a standalone Batman movie with the Joker, I think it would be fair to judge him than.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Gosling and Leto in one movie?

icanonlygetsoerect.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom