• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Leto joins Blade Runner sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How did they trick him into taking the role this time?

People who only saw Leto in Suicide Squads are easy to recognize.

This.

SS aside, Leto is a fantastic actor - Requiem for a Dream and Dallas Buyers Club are top-tier performances, and his roles in Panic Room, The Thin Red Line, and Mr. Nobody are on point as well. The guy almost always kills it.

ShowDog

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...I've seen Jared Leto cast in the fuckin' Blade Runner sequel...

Time...to die...

LOL nice.

It's not so much that he's a bad actor... just that he hasn't had a great track record in eagerly anticipated films of beloved franchises. He clearly got into his own head with all the attention on Suicide Squad. This could easily be a repeat.

Falifax

If they ever reboot Captain America, they should definitely cast Jared Leto in the role.

The possibilities are endless!

Screen-Shot-2013-08-24-at-20.29.53.png

n0razi

He's perfect for playing a replicant. Ageless, ridiculously good looking and kind of eccentric... if he does anything weird, it wouldnt seem out of place.

Dy_Cy

Damn, this project is getting more and more interesting. I liked Leto in Suicide Squad, and I'm sure Villeneuve will make a great use of him!

Kibbles

Hasn't this movie already started filming? I'm guessing it's a small role because Jared's the lead in "The Outsider" which starts filming in Japan next month

But Jared's always listed Blade Runner as one of his favs so good for him can't wait to see this.

tumblr_inline_oc4hwul6vA1qfea01_500.png

tumblr_inline_oc4hwoXR5y1qfea01_500.png

Exodust

Banned
Putting his terrible turn as the Joker aside(thought it was a decent casting choice that didn't pan out) has Leto ever been really, really good in a movie?

I'm not even hater, most of the time I saw him as just fine. Nothing really stood out to me as compelling, can't think of a single character he played as I'm typing this. I'm genuinely asking, as some Gaffers seem to love him and I want to know what are the best movies of his to check out.

br3wnor

Solid cast add, I'm cautiously optimistic about this movie, given how much I love BR I really hope I don't have to pretend it doesn't exist like I do w/ the new Total Recall or Alien 4.

It's funny how you guys have turned on Jared Leto over one frigging movie where he played a character in a perfectly fine way. How you feel about that character is not valid criticism towards his acting ability.

Also, getting as far away from that one tonally in his next project is for the best, I think. I hope this movie does that for him.

I cant wait his terrible rendition of Rutger Hauer's character, much like his terrible rendition of the Joker.

Edit: Not implying a remake, but more so Jared Leto trying to emulate Rutger Hauer from the original.

Double Edit:
So much this.

To be fair, I also saw him in Requiem for a Dream and Alexander. Requiem for a Dream he was great, Alexander and Suicide Squad he was terrible, with Suicide Squad being the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom