• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rutger Hauer, ‘Blade Runner’ Co-Star, Dies at 75

“I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.”

Came to post this. :messenger_clapping:

ShadowFX

How weird is it that he died the same year as his character in Blade Runner did?
Rest in Peace, mr. Hauer 🌧
iu

Last edited:

Liljagare

I used to choose movies just because he was in them. Admittedly some of his movies/tv roles were a bit cheesy (I never understood his LEXX character) but I was never dissapointed. He always seemed to be one of those actors that just chose roles he thought would be fun.

RIP
giphy.gif

Makariel

RIP Rutger

He made movies enjoyable that would have been terrible without him, and he was the real star of Blade Runner.

RSB

Banned
He played the protagonist in my favorite movie ever (Roy Batty in Blade Runner) Sad.

And as it's been said, it's kind of crazy he died the same year as the character. Time to die indeed.

RIP

Last edited:
Today I started watching Floris, the Dutch TV show that made him and Verhoeven stars. All 12 episodes are available on Youtube with English subtitles.

Historical adventures and fun for the whole family!

mortal

I used to choose movies just because he was in them. Admittedly some of his movies/tv roles were a bit cheesy (I never understood his LEXX character) but I was never dissapointed. He always seemed to be one of those actors that just chose roles he thought would be fun.

RIP
giphy.gif
Damn, that shot is so beautiful. There's such a harmony. RIP to the great Rutger Hauer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom