• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls II - The real Black Dragon starts here

so1337

It's a bit cartoony, says the guy with a green bowl cut, Groucho mustache, and a Jersey tan.
His observations about the game are spot on though.

ib1jhL2SubeOme.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I didn't even see that.

He said he couldn't see the dragon that you're supposed to make invisible by darkening it up. Maybe his monitor is really dark but it's more likely he just didn't notice the dragon.

Minamu

Will he notice how identical Saulden's voice is to that intro guy in DaS1? :)

Edit: lol? In almost 100 hours and in ng+, I absolutely never noticed the blacksmith outside the door! I always thought it was a bit weird how he teleported inside after finding the key xD *so dumb*

Jintor

Illusory walls are now activated by hitting A these days, Jeff. Just so you know.

And you can skip dialogue with a, which is why you couldn't pick up that item while you were listening to that dude.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Preorder weapons are better than people were saying. Remember Jeff would be stuck with a broken sword without them. This first section would be much harder using that.

Not that it'll keep him going forever or maybe it will, I don't know.

Jintor

Preorder weapons are better than people were saying. Remember Jeff would be stuck with a broken sword without them. This first section would be much harder using that.

Not that it'll keep him going forever though.

he'll run into the ceiling soon enough.

if he'd aggro'd the knight he'd have a really hard time of it. That guy is a jackass if you piss him off.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I like the feet thing in dark souls 2 compared to 1. 1 has a weird thing where every time there's a slight slope, the feet go crazy out of whack and bend in ways that ankles can't bend.

zma1013

Now I have to go watch his Dark Souls 1 run through. I don't know how someone can be so bad and good at the same time. Defeats enemies and pigs like a boss... defeated by a locked door he has a key for.

Please do not go magic. Every entertaining LP is using it now and it basically makes the game a joke. I mean Gamefront, James got destroyed in DS constantly, but, is breezing through the game because he's using lightning spear and miracles to make himself invincible.

Jeff. Im watching the archive from "yesterday" now and you are talking about how loud everything is. Pro-tip: The main volume slider in windows is completely unrelated to the audio volume of the stream. You could lower it to zero in windows and it would still be the same for us watching (at least obs works that way, xsplit should too). So you can just change the volume if it is too loud for YOU! To lower the volume that WE hear use the controls inside xsplit. Please watch this video if you don't know exactly what I mean (step 2/2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDD6yFM27XY .

so1337

Will he notice how identical Saulden's voice is to that intro guy in DaS1? :)

Edit: lol? In almost 100 hours and in ng+, I absolutely never noticed the blacksmith outside the door! I always thought it was a bit weird how he teleported inside after finding the key xD *so dumb*
Don't feel too bad. Yesterday I spent an hour running around and repeatedly dying in the Cardinal's Tower, wondering why I didn't have any flasks yet.

Yep.
There are illusory walls you can hit to reveal, but they are revealed using Pharros' Lockstones.

Oh ok. I thought he meant pressing A
on the illusionary wall itself. I figured out the pharros stuff already.

EDIT: For the love of god Jeff why would you not have the brightness setting in the middle (default)? You had it way too bright and then you set it to completely dark. wtf....
EDIT2: Jeff please move the webcam to the top right it's in the way of your souls and shit.

akira28

Well he beat the pigs anyway. How many of you here can say that?

me. I was warned about the pigs, but no one told me they were evil baby psycho pigs. I thought if you don't attack them they won't go aggro. So then I round the corner and have 3 little pigs chasing me around the town. But I was determined not to die to them, so I kited them around and killed them one by one.

Some notable basic things that aren't readily apparent:

* You can only level up at
Emerald Herald, so prepare to port back now and then.
* Lighting a bonfire sets the checkpoint so you don't need to rest at it. Resting resets the enemies as usual. However, weapon durability is more of an issue this time so you need to rest and automatically repair it now and then. If it breaks, it can't be used until you visit a smith to fix it.
* You're chugging lifegems. They are relatively cheap later on but might be worth holding on to. Right now you only have one estus flask but it can be refilled at bonfires. You can get more flasks when you find shards. You can also upgrade flasks.
There is a shard in Majula.
* None of the starting gifts are as important as the Master Key in DS1. The last one can
get you a random useful item at the crows, but you'll be fine.
* Dying gradually reduces your max HP.
Using a human effigy
resets this. There are also other items later on that basically nullify this effect.
* Jumping is different by default. Click down the left stick to jump while running. You can change it back to double-clicking A in the options.

Feindflug

Some notable basic things that aren't readily apparent:

* You can only level up at
Emerald Herald, so prepare to port back now and then.
* Lighting a bonfire sets the checkpoint so you don't need to rest at it. Resting resets the enemies as usual. However, weapon durability is more of an issue this time so you need to rest and automatically repair it now and then. If it breaks, it can't be used until you visit a smith to fix it.
* You're chugging lifegems. They are relatively cheap later on but might be worth holding on to. Right now you only have one estus flask but it can be refilled at bonfires. You can get more flasks when you find shards. You can also upgrade flasks.
There is a shard in Majula.
* None of the starting gifts are as important as the Master Key in DS1. The last one can
get you a random useful item at the crows, but you'll be fine.
* Dying gradually reduces your max HP.
Using a human effigy
resets this. There are also other items later on that basically nullify this effect.
* Jumping is different by default. Click down the left stick to jump while running. You can change it back to double-clicking A in the options.

I should add that when someone speaks to you and you wanna get rid of the dialogue keep pressing A to skip it.

Also it shouldn't be a bad idea to see what other classes are about too, I'd recommend checking out Knight and Swordsman if Jeff wants to go pure melee again.

Top Bottom