• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron (youtuber) speaks against demographic "invasion" of America by nonwhites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I swear you guys give these people hits and clicks and a larger profile with this. This was a no-name I had never read about before this. But now I know there is some guy named 'JonTron. He is a random YouTuber who is saying dumb shit on twitter. Fuck him and move on. They use the outrage of their inflammatory statements to become more famous. For them, any publicity is good publicity...

Pretty much.

Jawmuncher

Anyone who knows of his views and continues to promote his image through gifs is openly condoning bigotry.

Also, with billions of gifs out there you could stand to be more creative. Shit gets tired.

Does it really work like that? I had no clue.
I figured personal views and entertainment were kept seperate. Like if you posted a gif of Mel Gibson.

Espada

What the fuck @ that last tweet. The prosperity and opportunity in this country is entirely the result of the "founding stock" of the nation. Agreeing with that barely dog whistle shit about protecting our culture from "invasion".

This shit is full on White Supremacy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pls don't associate JonTron with Gamegrumps anymore. GG group are good people.

Plus Jon was already popular before Game Grumps. Not sure what they have to do with each other. Its been years since he was member.

RoXY0kt.png

What a smart and educated man.

Wait, does he seriously think oppression and discrimination only exist at the most explicit and visible levels? Does he not think that systemic oppression exists?

That said, I still think his videos are funny. I don't agree with his views at all, but being a music snob has made it easy for me to separate art from artist.

Pretty good example of how being wealthy can turn anyone into a douche.

Wish JonTron would get his shit together. I enjoy his videos but don't pay any attention to his opinions on real life stuff.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm so glad i don't follow youtuber nonsense

Weird how many gamers seem to be alt right scumbags when I see how progressive this forum is

good moderation goes a long way, but more and more it feels like the exception, not the rule

Honestly I swear you guys give these people hits and clicks and a larger profile with this. This was a no-name I had never read about before this. But now I know there is some guy named 'JonTron. He is a random YouTuber who is saying dumb shit on twitter. Fuck him and move on. They use the outrage of their inflammatory statements to become more famous. For them, any publicity is good publicity...

This guy doesn't need GAF's help to get attention though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I don't understand why someone from his background would be against immigration. If things had been that way 30 years ago then he wouldn't exist. But I suppose Fuck You Got Mine is his line of thought?

There's an interesting phenomenon where people from one culture can assimilate themselves into another to the point that they become hostile towards their culture of origin.

Look at latinos who consider themselves white and purely American to the point they have contempt for brown immigrants. Hell, look at Americans who have made Japan into a fetish through the avenue of anime and games, and see themselves as part of a "superior" culture that they place above western trash.

It definitely shows that there are many gamers that play games for hours and never interact with people of different backgrounds.

Video games represent an engrossing and deeply affecting virtual empowerment fantasy. It's not inherently bad; games can elevate people, act a therapy, and increase confidence and ability. They actually can bring people together and bridge gaps. Ironically games can also isolate people within virtual worlds and give them a false sense of power and competency; when in reality those people are terribly sheltered and incapable of relating to other human beings outside of their bare minimum comfort zone.

Are there any gaming channels or personalities that are openly against this shit? Why does it seen like gamers are either neutral or full on board?

It actually upsets me that so many of these people are the faces of gamer culture.

Are there any gaming channels or personalities that are openly against this shit? Why does it seen like gamers are either neutral or full on board?

It actually upsets me that so many of these people are the faces of gamer culture.
Because, sad as it is. This is gamer culture.

Hopefully one day we can make it so it isn't. But for right now this hateful stupid shit is what games culture has fostered itself to be.

As a thought experiment, let's assume that our civilization does need to be "rebuilt" and as another fun experiment, let's assume that western civilization truly is being "invaded" by immigrant babies. What exactly is wrong with those babies? What would make them unfit to "rebuild civilization"?

They're not white. And that's a problem, why exactly? Oh right, how could I forget? White motherfucking supremacy.

Intel_89

PBG did respond to him a couple months back, they used to be friends.

So where will all the American Indians and native Islanders go then? If the end goal is everybody being among their "own kind in their own land" or whatever dumb shit.

Y'all gonna give America back or?

That's just...wow lmao. He's already publicly agreed with Piers Morgan's tweets so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

And lol there are a shitton of gifs out there. There is no reason to continue using his. The gifs of him aren't even particularly good or funny.

Man's pretty dedicated to ruining his career for... some reason. Are we at the age where YouTubers need to start hiring PR handlers?

Is he? No offence to gamers (as I am one, too lol) but JonTron's way of thinking seems to be quite common within the community. Probably even within many members on here.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Angry Joe(Joe Vargas)is a hardcore progressive who hates alt righters

I think more would be if you could do so without being doxxed to hell and back.

TheYanger

I never really had an opinion on jontron, but god damn dude how blind can you be. His tweets are like the definition of willful ignorance.

Guess Who

Banned
I only find solace in the idea that the original JonTron was murdered years ago and he's been replaced by a Klan robe magicked into life by an evil wizard that crawled into his corpse and possessed it.

I feel like there's this weird disconnect between game devs, whom for the most part are liberals, and the overall gamer culture, which gave birth to GG.

Isn't his family from Iran? That makes it even worse.

Dat ability to present as a cis white male goes a long way I bet.

You're probably going to have to start following some unpopular "SJW FEMNAZI FAKE GAMER HACKS" to get any of that. No one else wants to alienate their fanbase full of edgy 14 year olds and actual internet white nationalists with the idea that they might have a moral compass.

low-G

I don't know how confused you have to be to support racial purity against your own race. Being rich and genetically suspect to white nationalists will make him an early target were things to proceed.

Fancolors

I was wondering when the next JonTron thread was going to happen. Dude went hard into the alt-right hole. I guess Game Grumps dodged a bullet when he left that channel.

Azuran

Banned
Are we really going to have a thread every time Jontron says something outrageous? We all know by now that he's a racist, sexist piece of human garbage.

The only reason Trump gets a thread every time is because he's the president. JonTron is just some random Youtuber that makes worthless videos.

How does a son of a immigrant so vehemently against immigration? While living in one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world (NYC)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom