• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron (youtuber) speaks against demographic "invasion" of America by nonwhites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaban

The best way I can sum up Jontron's defence is: "So just because I say racist things, that just suddenly makes me a racist?"

Toxi

Banned
These racial purity advocates always seem to invoke Japan as a model example. It's never China, South Korea or Vietnam - it is always Japan. Is there a particular reason for this?
Anime and video games.

(Also China is extremely ethnically and culturally diverse. Not sure about South Korea or Vietnam.)

ferunnico

Neo Member
Destiny setup a hypothetical setting.

'if immigrants 100% assismiated to US culture (w/e that is) would you be fine with it?' - Destiny.

'no, because something about the gene pool of the US' - Jontron.

There really isn't much leeway to fill in the blanks of what he was referencing.

That's what I thought at first, too. But I feel he is trying to say something else here. Something about it being okay when they assimilate and then enter the gene pool, because then the cultural and ethnic shift would happen more slowly? Which is also bullshit, of course. I just don't think he is actually talking about diluting the gene pool. But again, maybe I'm putting way too much thought into this and just misunderstood this part.

HariKari

Looking at the r/jontron thread, I see...

• "I'm a moderate/liberal/rational person, but people are overreacting to what Jon said."
  • "Oh, so now everything's racist?"
  • Claims that Destiny was "unfair"
  • Unsubtle proselytizing by Stormfront and /pol/

Congraulations internet, you've turned into a petri dish for racists.

Currently being upvoted on the_donald is: JONTRON NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!! HE IS BEING VICIOUSLY ATTACKED BY THE LEFT FOR TRYING TO REDPILL THE GAMING COMMUNITY!

They are going to rally around him any way they can, including trying to skirt the rules on GAF.

Armaros

That's what I thought at first, too. But I feel he is trying to say something else here. Something about it being okay when they assimiliate and then enter the gene pool, because then the cultural and ethnic shift would happen more slowly? Which is also bullshit, of course. I just don't think he is actually talking about diluting the gene pool. But again, maybe I'm putting way too much thought into this and just misunderstood this part.

You put more thought into that post then jon did the enitre Interview.

FyreWulff

Reminder that MTV used to ban black artists from being on their channel because they didn't want black music to "invade" the zeitgeist

giving 4 minutes out of 24 hours was seen as allowing "them" in the door

Usobuko

Banned
These racial purity advocates always seem to invoke Japan as a model example. It's never China, South Korea or Vietnam - it's always Japan. Is there a particular reason for this?

Maybe because China a communist so that's not a model to tout and these folks probably grew up loving Japan culture.

Not once will I believe they see Japanese as equal though, they still consider everyone non-white lower life forms.

Apathy

He claims that italians and Irish immigrants were automacticslly declared white and not discriminated against during the big European migrations to the US.

Destiny's face when he claimed that was just stunned.

Oh yeah, i covered it a few pages back now, Jontron is some sort of uneducated moron that seems to never have opened a fucking history book in his life. Like it's pretty basic shit of US history. Fuck, I'm surprised he has never even seen it in pop culture.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Currently being upvoted on
the_donald
is: JONTRON NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!! HE IS BEING VICIOUSLY ATTACKED BY THE LEFT FOR TRYING TO REDPILL THE GAMING COMMUNITY!

They are going to rally around him any way they can, including trying to skirt the rules on GAF.

Can we please not mention sites like this. Thanks

Armaros

Oh yeah, i covered it a few pages back now, Jontron is some sort of uneducated moron that seems to never have opened a fucking history book in his life. Like it's pretty basic shit of US history. Fuck, I'm surprised he has never even seen it in pop culture.

There was even a big movie starring Decarpio about it!!!

Toxi

Banned
Currently being upvoted on the_donald is: JONTRON NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!! HE IS BEING VICIOUSLY ATTACKED BY THE LEFT FOR TRYING TO REDPILL THE GAMING COMMUNITY!

Basically. The racist right is dedicated to converting the gaming community.

Alebrije

This is a general rule on you tubers , lack of history knowledge so think what they say is true , the worse are their followers like minions believe what that ignorant says....making the circle of ignorance even bigger

Breakage

Anime and video games.

(Also China is extremely ethnically and culturally diverse. Not sure about South Korea or Vietnam.)

But how does anime and video games relate to white supremacist thinking? I mean Japanese people aren't white and the depictions of characters in anime and video games don't advocate white nationalism.

Usobuko

Banned
The "blacks are inferior" is like getting traction, I see that line of thought so frequently these days.

And they usually say it with some kind of matter of fact tone. Fuck them.

FyreWulff

These racial purity advocates always seem to invoke Japan as a model example. It's never China, South Korea or Vietnam - it is always Japan. Is there a particular reason for this?

The thing is all Japan has done is they converted their own citizens to "social immigrants" by massive discrimination of the Burakumin. If you try to "emigrate" to other parts of the social order then you're viewed as an invader and jobs try to prevent you from being hired.

Otherization is a motherfucker and immigrants are just another version of it. Countries with failures to diversify or build an immigrant population just look for other excuses.

Wow hahaha. That's insane, though not entirely surprising. Looks like Jon found his people

Big-ass Ramp

The "blacks are inferior" is like getting traction, I see that line of thought so frequently these days.

Im being pretty snarky but the reality is just how heartbreaking it is for me to live in this country right now. You see their white hate around every turn.

Mahonay

Banned

It's the kind of super overt racism I used to only see from elderly white people that missed the good ol' days.

SerTapTap

Totalbiscuit is one of those guys too?! God damn, I'm glad I avoid any whiff of "ANGRY IRONY GAMER HATES GAMES BUT TALKS ABOUT THEM SHOW" youtubers. Seems like so many of them are awful.

Mahonay

Banned
DRUMPFS Slogan was LITERALLY Make America Great Again. Nothin subtle about what that means.
Well yes. I've been of the stance that Trump's campaign the entire time had been run on a foundation of racism, and if you support Trump you are absolutely racist in some form.

Own a MAGA hat? You're a fucking racist.

But my KKK packet said that minorities have smaller brains than us American white folks. It's not racist it's just science. /s

Those arguments have always been made by racists though. I'm pretty sure I've read that David Duke's whole platform has always been that he's a liberal historian who became more woke about the evolution of man. He's always parroted the whole science is on my side bullshit too.

Makai

Reminder that MTV used to ban black artists from being on their channel because they didn't want black music to "invade" the zeitgeist

giving 4 minutes out of 24 hours was seen as allowing "them" in the door
I thought Michael Jackson was their big star in the early years.

Breakage

The thing is all Japan has done is they converted their own citizens to "social immigrants" by massive discrimination of the Burakumin. If you try to "emigrate" to other parts of the social order then you're viewed as an invader and jobs try to prevent you from being hired.

Otherization is a motherfucker and immigrants are just another version of it. Countries with failures to diversify or build an immigrant population just look for other excuses.
Damn, I didn't know about this. Thanks for the link.

Buckle

A lot of white supremacists are anime and video game fans.
One of the funniest recurring things to me is when you see someone being horribly racist or offensive on youtube or twitter and they're sporting an avatar with the most hilariously innocent looking anime character.

"Fuck you, you piece of shit! Now if you'll excuse me, I got to go finish watching a show about a small japanese girl that preaches empathy and love" .

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Instead, he accuses Arin of just that.

Hmmmmmmm.

When did Jon do that? I don't remember that happening during the stream.

I'm not surprised. The altright loves to stick together, especially when it comes to bigotry.

Jon won't learn anything from this and will likely continue to double down on relying on members of the altright to pat him on the back, until the moment they decide to abandon him for being part Iranian.

Big-ass Ramp

Well yes. I've been of the stance that Trump's campaign the entire time had been run on a foundation of racism, and if you support Trump you are absolutely racist in some form.

Own a MAGA hat? You're a fucking racist.

If you own a MAGA hat, you deserve what's coming to you, that's all I'm going to say

EDIT: I apologize, I removed some of this. As tolerant as the mods here are, there's still White people that will get Mad Online for speaking truth to power.

i-Lo

I have feeling that in the streets, the usage of the terms such as 'nigger', 'sand nigger', 'wetback', 'chinky/chink' will see notable increase and subsequently be somewhat normalized in the near future. Following that, eventually, a youtuber will start using it and there will be defenders here who may ask to read between the lines.

I thought Michael Jackson was their big star in the early years.

Nah there was a lot of fear of bringing some of Michaels more "racy" videos to MTV (any of them that reminded people he was black). It was not unlike how everybody freaked out when Beyonce started using strong Black Panthers imagery in her formation performance at the super bowl.

Edit: it should also be said that Michael was the first black artist to be played on MTV, before that no black artist's videos ever aired.

fester

Banned
Basically. The racist right is dedicated to converting the gaming community.

Not sure there's much distinction to be made on who is converting who. GG, neo-nazi bullshit, racist youtubers,....gaming "culture" appears to be irredeemable right now.

The best way I can sum up Jontron's defence is: "So just because I say racist things, that just suddenly makes me a racist?"

You'd be surprised how many people think this way.

When did Jon do that? I don't remember that happening during the stream.

It was literally one of the moments where Jafari tried to stop the show and take control of the narrative. It wasn't a throwaway moment. It was at the tail end of their discussion on black crime.

I'd go as far as to say Jafari is the type of person that thinks everyone hates blacks, but hides it behind all this talk of racial unity because of reasons.

Nanashrew

Banned

And the excuses are doing them no good as Japan is facing a population problem and they need immigrants. I believe TheTrin brought it up earlier that it's also becoming easier to move into Japan because of their population crisis.

Why would you "still love" someone who is a scumbag?

Because everybody is an asshole, but they're still human. He didn't commit crime against somebody, and it takes a lot worse for me to hate somebody than ignorant tweets and browsing /pol/ too much. If that was enough, i'd hate over half the guys at my college.

Mahonay

Banned
Because everybody is an asshole, but they're still human. He didn't commit crime against somebody, and it takes a lot worse for me to hate somebody than ignorant tweets and browsing /pol/ too much.
He's promoting Neo-Nazi like ideals. I don't know, I consider this a moral crime at the very least.

Japan straddles the borders in terms of being a foreign and/or specifically Asian nation that is, nevertheless, rather western in appearance and apparent culture. Add in their heavy cultural output that nevertheless influences the west - especially video games, in this context - and Japan is effectively 'one of the good ones' but as applied to a whole damned country. Helped that, discounting the post world war 2 period, there's no European/Colonial past that has to be awkwardly dealt with when talking about the nation's development, and thus no guilt by way of acknowledging the country's existence. Hell, Japan was itself a colonial overlord, and so I think the country has long held some distinction in western eyes that has muddied the racism that should nominally be aimed at it.

LionPride

Banned
Because everybody is an asshole, but they're still human. He didn't commit crime against somebody, and it takes a lot worse for me to hate somebody than ignorant tweets and browsing /pol/ too much. If that was enough, i'd hate over half the guys at my college.
Nope

Quick question, are you part of the group of people who he was saying terrible shit about?

Isn't Jon's girlfriend white? Isn't he contributing to the "soft displacement" of white America by mixing his "gene pool" with her?
He should break up with her ASAP and move to a border somewhere --since he is not full Iranian or Hungarian -- where he can live the rest of his days. You must practice what you preach.

Mahonay

Banned
Isn't Jon's girlfriend white? Isn't he contributing to the "soft displacement" of white America by mixing his "gene pool" with her?
He should break up with her ASAP and move to a border somewhere since he is not full Iranian or Hungarian where he can live the rest of his days. You must practice what you preach.
SHHHHHhhhhhh. He's one of the good ones. Don't ruin his plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom