• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron (youtuber) speaks against demographic "invasion" of America by nonwhites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloukyo

Banned
So no then. You need to read everything. He cast a hell of a lot more than the first stone here. No one said discourse is not the first course of action. This is about what he said during a long well reasoned discourse. I am begging you to read or watch his debate before continuing to comment.

Edit: I am completely serious. If you'd like to see what discourse with Jon looks like it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RQA9GZprqM

This discourse is literally the topic of the thread you continue to post in. I thank you for your views and contribution to this thread but you really have to be familiar with the things he actually said.

You realise the post I made that everyone is ragging on me for is just "you should always try" after someone said some hyperbolic shit about how you shouldn't try to talk to someone who is trying to kill you, right?

It was just a platitude the counter the negativity of his post and then everyone dogpiled me.

It's disappointing you can't even saying something remotely reasonable and peaceful in this thread without getting fucked in the ass.

Tall4Life

Can't lay everything on the Turks for reacting so violently when the Armenians insisted on escalating the argument. Both sides are to blame.

Really, you could say the Turks were the biggest victims there, I'm glad you and I can see the truth and not blindly follow what the liberals are telling us.

It's pretty scary that some of the most popular youtubers that loads of very young people watch are like this. I mean these Youtube shows for kids these days are akin to Reading Rainbow and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood back when I was a kid, as in shows I'd watch religiously.

I fear that we're going to have a new generation of young adults who have all had racism normalized for them from a very young age. Great...

Luckily his videos do not have his opinions on anything but the what the video is about.

You realise the post I made that everyone is ragging on me for is just "you should always try" after someone said some hyperbolic shit about how you shouldn't try to talk to someone who is trying to kill you, right?

It was just a platitude the counter the negativity of his post and then everyone dogpiled me.

Have. you. watched. the. debate?

Maybe then you'll see why we are dogpiling you considering you are willfully being ignorant to the racist shit Jontron is spewing out.

This debate is my first exposure to this dude and he's dumber than a bag of rocks. He shouldn't be debating anyone about anything lol.

Also as a white dude i'm always just left scratching my head when racists like him do this white genocide shit. What reality are they living in?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Why will you not actually read up on the things Jon said or watch the video of his debate?
At this point I truly don't understand why you refuse to educate yourself on the things Jon actually said when engaged in discourse and discussion

crim

Banned
You can understand the fear that immigration is diluting the racial purity of America?
You can understand the premise that black people are predisposed to committing crime?

Sorry, thats not what I took from the conversation.
It was always about cultural norms, never races.

AESplusF

That's why you always use /s here.

It's disingenuous to conflate the refugee crisis in Europe and immigration in the US.

The main difference is, refugees were flooding into European countries, in some areas changing over 5% of the receiving countries population. In the US, immigrants are trickling in by the tens of thousands, and we are more well equipped at integrating new populations.

the US is land-locked and far away from the Middle East compared to Europe. this advantage in geography shields it from what Europe is going through, ironically a problem mostly created by US policy. Europe mostly has to deal with the fallout from an influx of the poorest (unable to buy overseas airfare) refugees from the War on Terror.

Why are people still acting like Cloukyo is actually trying to debate? They already admitted they don't even know what the topic is about or read anything and is positive Disney was a Nazi. It's all troll crap since they came in.

Tall4Life

Equating the slaughter of over a million people to some shit a youtuber said is the most pathetic thing I've seen on this thread so far.

The history of racism and the continuation of racism IS partly the slaughter of millions upon millions throughout the human timeline. Jon himself didn't kill millions but it's all tied together in how he's still perpetuating racism and the dangerous ideas that follow from it. Saying you just need to have a polite discussion with someone who thinks of you as beneath them and sub-human (diluting the gene pool?) is hilariously ignorant.

Armaros

Sorry, thats not what I took from the conversation.
It was always about cultural norms, never races.

So why did Jon mention Africans and African Americans being similar in crime? They have diametrically different cultures that were separated hundreds of years ago and developed independent of each other?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people still acting like Cloukyo is actually trying to debate? They already admitted they don't even know what the topic is about or read anything and is positive Disney was a Nazi. It's all troll crap since they came in.

He doesn't care. Clearly.

Well I wanted to believe they were engaging in the thread in a serious manner but I suppose that wasn't the case

joe2187

Banned
This debate is my first exposure to this dude and he's dumber than a bag of rocks. He shouldn't be debating anyone about anything lol.

Also as a white dude i'm always just left scratching my head when racists like him do this white genocide shit. What reality are they living in?

White Genocide is something you'll only ever see on the internet because you cant say it in public without the entire population of people in your vicinity pointing and laughing at you.

jay

Equating the slaughter of over a million people to some shit a youtuber said is the most pathetic thing I've seen on this thread so far.

Analogies are by definition not equating. You and about everyone else on the planet don't get this, so you're in good company.

"This is like this other thing in this way, or has similarities or metaphorical parallels like so"
vs.
"This is that"

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This might have already been posted, but Jontron closed his subreddit because people were being too mean to him.

I don't think this deserves any further comment.

Lutherian

It's is not just the USA though. Nationalism is on the rise all around the world. We have putin in Russia, erdogan in Turkey, le pen in France, the AFD in Germany, Wilders in the Netherlands, kaczynski in Poland just to name a few. It is very concerning and even more important to make a stand against them.

This.

AndersK

So when the police,medical personal and public transportation are to afraid to enter certain zones of a city, things aren't fucked up? whats your take on this?

They don't exist, as you well know: http://www.expressen.se/debatt/polisen-det-finns-inga-no-go-zoner/

Are you telling me Sweden has socially problematic neighborhoods, and that makes you 'be with Jon on this one' with regards to keeping the gene pool clean?
Wow. these exists in every country in the world, and are problematic, but you emphasize with a man whose solution is damn near internment and genocide.

Edit: ah, a ban. No. Don't gooo

Cloukyo

Banned
Have. you. watched. the. debate?

Maybe then you'll see why we are dogpiling you considering you are willfully being ignorant to the racist shit Jontron is spewing out.

Did you even read my post?

The debate was the "try" I was referring to. When I said you should always try I was referring to the debate.

Are you guys seriously trying this hard to jump on everyone who doesn't want to shove a nail bat up Jontron's ass.

R0ckman

Im standing on Jon's side on this one, maybe comparing Sweden and America isn't the best analogy (btw, im from Sweden, and things are pretty fucked up here at some parts of the country, that's not a lie) but I can understand his concerns.

Was this a burner? This seemed like a "Please ban me" post.

White Genocide is something you'll only ever see on the internet because you cant say it in public without the entire population of people in your vicinity pointing and laughing at you.

He is incredibly stupid because he didn't realize that the stuff he was parroting isn't meant for the general public. It's the true white supremacist beliefs that are only proclaimed publicly by people who are happy to be called a Nazi. He didn't use the dog whistles meant for engagement outside of stormfront and other such places.

and that guy gets worse. WTF. the hell is wrong with people. Stop trying to normalize racism, stop trying to coddle racists or say "they didnt articulate what they wanted to say right", it's still racism no matter how people want to cut it.

Yo this level of getting angry at apologists can't possibly be good for my health

Edit: look at these morons that reply to Jim,

sJXOb8F.jpg

Something to note here is the reliance on abstract. Now that may be partially encourage by the medium in which the comments are being made - twitter, 140 characters, etc - but at no point do they actually, specifically address Jon's actual commentary. "He has legitimate issues to air and has just worded them poorly." does not specify what those issues were or how the way they were expressed did a poor job of delivering the point - it sounds reasonable without the context of what Jon actually said, but given what he said involved:
The dilution of the gene pool of the United States.
Crime rates among black Americans somehow correlating to those of the African continent(?), implying those points are somehow linked.
There being no discrimination in western countries.

It suddenly becomes somewhat less reasonable. These are blunt, easy to parse points, and none of them reflect kindly on Jon. It's easy to content none of them are legitimate, and that stating them is more than merely a matter of 'phrasing'. Don't let people reduce specific situations to the abstract, because it allows them to claim the situation to be something it is not.

AdamMPSP

Should probably add that Shane and Dazz from DYKG are having a Twitter tussle with the writer of the Gizmodo article for implying that Jon has any control or influence over the channels on NormalBoots. Both them and Jirard seem to want no association with any of what transpired. Make of it what you will.

Okay, so I don't really understand any of these relationships, but I really don't understand what this Shane guy is arguing with the Gizmodo guy about? Like he seems to not want to be associated with Jontron, but his twitter header has multiple images of... JonTron? Like he seems to be fighting just to be fighting, definitely concerns me about his true intent.

Mael

What other English speaking countries have you been to? London is full of different races and cultures but we're all very segregated and cliquey. Anyway I was just trying to be rosy about America for the sake of being positive, it wasn't my main point. My main point was about how Japan isn't very inclusive.

Do you know the process to go to the US?
Have you tried it?
London is a goddamn sanctuary city compared to the USA.
Even Australia has a simpler process to actually live there (unless you want to bring your pet that is).
As other posters have already noted it's getting easier to emigrate to Japan, the same cannot be said about the US at all.
For the record if you want to move to France you have to get a Visa (and get it renewed at set times) and then you can just disappear into the sunset without a care in the world.
The employers don't have to prove that no citizen can take the job or that they even looked.
You don't even have to prove you have no criminal record to even get a place to rent.
From a European POV, the USA is barely more generous than Japan in the way it treats immigrants.

besada

Banned
Three points from moderation:

1: If you aren't bothering to familiarize yourself with what JonTron actually said, you are walking on thin ice. No one's going to feel bad when you get banned and then actually read what he said and realize you were being a moron. No quarter given.

2: If your primary goal here is to scold other people for their opinions and insist they go talk to JonTron, that's just tone policing the thread, and I will clip you for it. There's a difference between expressing an opinion and being a boring scold. Figure out what it is.

3: Every stupid post doesn't need a hundred responses. I know, you've got a great zinger. But if a dozen other people have already responded, save it up for next time.

Sianos

His understanding of genetics seems to be on the par with Liquid Snake - "White people have all the dominant genes, and black people have all the recessive genes! If we let them mix you'll dilute the white people like paint!"

For people who think it is so critically important that we recognize genetic differences between humans they sure seem to know very little about genetics. And intelligence. And anything biological or psychological, really.

Also, to any of the alt-right reading this, "intelligence" is not a physical trait, it's measurement depends on societal context, and because it is such an abstract, human-defined concept it isn't just controlled by one or a few genes like "eye color" or "melanin level". So when you say one race is "more intelligent than the others" and your 'proof' is "look, you don't deny that they have a different skin color, so why is this any different?" you're thinking on the level of a particularly racist gradeschooler.

no shit the weirdest moment of my life was when my college girlfriend came to me upset about "blondes going extinct."

she was a natural blonde, she had been dating me (a black guy) for two years at that point

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Did you even read my post?

The debate was the "try" I was referring to. When I said you should always try I was referring to the debate.

Are you guys seriously trying this hard to jump on everyone who doesn't want to shove a nail bat up Jontron's ass.

If that's the case then surely your previous comments make no sense. This whole thing spread from when someone tried to have a discourse with him. You continue to tell people they should just accept the horrible things he said even after trying to discuss with him. So at what point is it acceptable for you that people voice their outrage at this stuff given the 'try' hurdle is already well and truly cleared?

mollipen

Tokyo is the most inclusive city in japan and even then you'll be hard pressed to find an indian restaurant in the entire place.

Five second search of Indian restaurants in Tokyo.

A weird choice to make for a restaurant type to say that Japan doesn't have much of. And it isn't just Tokyo—I know we had them down in Osaka as well. If you want to pick something that's hard to find in Japan, I'd say Mexican/tacos, but even then I've found a few places by poking around even without doing internet searches (like the one I stumbled upon in Harajuku).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
This represents a basically point-by-point paraphrasing of Jontron's points:

This is not an exagerration.
Jesus fucking christ...

Seriously?

: / I gotta admit I've been shying away from hearing exactly what he had to say (due to the whole ignore a celebs political view thing I've been saying) but are you certain you're not being hyperbolic?

He's Iranian isn't he?

Gotta admit, that's pretty cray what he's saying.

Hm
So all this time you're arguing about something you don't even know anything about?

"I don't agree with JonTron, but actually I agree with JonTron."
Seriously lol, how transparent.

Ghandi must be rolling in his grave.
Funny example, since Ghandi was an abject racist and grossly misogynistic.

Cloukyo

Banned

I'm not trying to debate, I'm trying to defend myself against the hoards of people who jumped on me after I said a simple platitude about how you should always try and talk to people first.

It was a general statement that got twisted into "LOOK, CLOUKYO THINKS WHAT JONTRON SAID IS OK"

Yukinari

This might have already been posted, but Jontron closed his subreddit because people were being too mean to him.

I don't think this deserves any further comment.

They locked down threads to stop posts but instead opened up 4 other threads to discuss politics, anger towards Jon, etc.

Im standing on Jon's side on this one, maybe comparing Sweden and America isn't the best analogy (btw, im from Sweden, and things are pretty fucked up here at some parts of the country, that's not a lie) but I can understand his concerns.

I'm Swedish too, and the only thing that's fucked up are the violent, racist nazists with too much free time and fake news, coupled with their echo chamber effect.

So when the police,medical personal and public transportation are to afraid to enter certain zones of a city, things aren't fucked up? whats your take on this?

My take, is that you are an alt account troll, "just asking questions" using noncredible sources. Let met guess where you found out about these no-go zones? BrietBart? Fox News?

The dude is referring to some nonsense that a Swedish columnist wrote in a newspaper back in 2014, which got a bit too much attention. It took a police report way out of context. Emergency personnel isn't afraid of entering these zones at all.

SerTapTap

People saying they agree with Jon (I already regret this), did you actually read/listen to all of it? None of these quotes here suggest any form of racism? https://www.reddit.com/r/JonTron/comments/5z69gh/35_quote_compilation_of_the_debate/

I really wanna believe y'all are just dumbasses hopping in based on one or two comments you think wasn't that crazy out of context.

Because if you earnestly believe America is a "white nation" that needs to "protect" it's culture from non-white "immigrants". Yeah, that's the KKK. That's the American Nazi party. That's bad shit. Don't do that.

Ghandi must be rolling in his grave.

Bringing Ghandi into a race discussion is pretty iffy. Besides, Ghandi didn't stop global white supremacy. America (and it's allies) did. With guns. We've done it before too. On our own soil. I hope it never comes to that again. But if it does, I'll gladly gun down the racists before the sane people.

Cloukyo

Banned
So all this time you're arguing about something you don't even know anything about?

Fuck me no, I wasn't talking about the content of what Jontron said, I said in general you should try talking to someone first. In this case it was the debate that happened.

I made a general statement.

But ok whatever. I'm a nazi misogynist racist islamaphobe

It's pretty scary that some of the most popular youtubers that loads of very young people watch are like this. I mean these Youtube shows for kids these days are akin to Reading Rainbow and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood back when I was a kid, as in shows I'd watch religiously.

I fear that we're going to have a new generation of young adults who have all had racism normalized for them from a very young age. Great...

This is my fear. I work with special needs 5th and 6th grade kids, and things are already tense with the Trump Effect in schools (the CEO of our school system recently emailed out instructions and details of how to deal with this phenomenon). Kids are already mean enough to each other as it is, but now that Trump is President and their TV stars- which is what these youtubers are for this generation, their TV and movie stars- are normalizing bigotry, it's troubling.

MrBadger

I'm not trying to debate, I'm trying to defend myself against the hoards of people who jumped on me after I said a simple platitude about how you should always try and talk to people first.

It was a general statement that got twisted into "LOOK, CLOUKYO THINKS WHAT JONTRON SAID IS OK"

I just think your stance is irreverent to the topic at hand because the thread is about someone trying to talk for two hours. Repeating "just try and talk to him!" throughout the thread after this serves little point.

Nanashrew

Banned

First experienced it in my early 20's when I was dating a black girl. Got yelled at by some rando that I was committing genocide of the white race. It's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom