• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 won't have microtransactions, leak was from ancient build, will use DLC

tilomite

Banned
Fully back on the hype train, then.

3AQmK.gif

Burnburn

Yes, yes, yes, yeeeeeeesss!

I hate the guy who leaked the screenshots, a proper reveal would've made me so happy, possibly making my day. But now, even though I'm happy that there won't be microtransactions, I can't feel as happy as I could have with a proper reveal. Oh well

Nokterian

So full game no bullshit microshit stuff?

Excellent..excellent want to flex my PC because JC2 is still a blast to play.

I don't really believe that there will be absolutely no microtransactions. After all he did say it was the future of gaming at one point...

Danlord

no more outrage over nothing? :(

It wasn't over nothing when leaked screenshots showed mass amounts of micro-transactions and the fact it was even confirmed to exist in that state by the Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of Avalanche Studios.

Nokterian

Saw in the video that with one picture he was using a tank to blast off and another was also on there..looks like multiplayer is in now?

I don't really believe that there will be absolutely no microtransactions. After all he did say it was the future of gaming at one point...

I pretty much took this to mean all that stuff is still in, you just have to exit the game first.

Because really, the only difference is how you buy it, the content can be identical.

Damerman

yay for DLC... Yay for After market content. yay for splitting my game into mini, non standardized, in-discretionary pieces where the Game press don't do any coverage.

what the fuck. The standard of this industry is just a straight up F...and not the respectable kind of F, but the F we see in the American school system. its in the fucking shitter... i quit games. pardon my hysteria.

SerTapTap

Yes, yes, yes, yeeeeeeesss!

I hate the guy who leaked the screenshots, a proper reveal would've made me so happy, possibly making my day. But now, even though I'm happy that there won't be microtransactions, I can't feel as happy as I could have with a proper reveal. Oh well

If it discourages other big studios from "going through exploratory phases" involving nasty business practices it was well worth it.

IM back on board...thank god they dispelled that as openly as possible

Surprised and very, very glad they decided to call that out so soon and so apparently definitely. Shouldn't have to wait for the post-release embargo to find out about microtransaction models like AC Unity

Top Bottom