• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

artsi

Those impressions... Everyone dies I guess...

Hmm... I've not read any spoilers, but just considering Kingsglaive are sworn to protect the king / city with their lives and we know the end result of the battle... It's not looking bright for them :(

But let's positive thinking and hope for surprises!

Setsu00

Hmm... I've not read any spoilers, but just considering Kingsglaive are sworn to protect the king / city with their lives and we know the end result of the battle... It's not looking bright for them :(

Honestly, Kingsglaive's cast was doomed the moment they announced that Nyx wouldn't appear in the game.

Jeels

Glad to hear it's getting good impressions. Wish they'd put up a theater listing. A bud of mine let me know he wanted to watch it and if I'd be down. I was surprised because he's really just a casual FF fan.

Aters

But let's positive thinking and hope for surprises!

Two major spoilers:
1. Tabata's track record
2. Sean Bean

On the one hand if it comes to a theater close to me I want to see it. On the other hand watching it right before I switch disks and play ffxv will have a major impact

OmegaDL50

On the one hand if it comes to a theater close to me I want to see it. On the other hand watching it right before I switch disks and play ffxv will have a major impact

The movie basically takes place inbetween chapter 0 and 1 of the game.

Chapter 0 is when Noctis and crew say goodbye to Regis and head off to Tenebrae for their journey right?

and Chapter 1 is when Noctis reads the newspaper and finds out about the attack on Insomnia / Lucis, right?

So my solution, Play chapter 0, save the game before starting chapter 1, watch Kingsglaive, resume with the game.

The movie basically takes place inbetween chapter 0 and 1 of the game.

Chapter 0 is when Noctis and crew say goodbye to Regis and head off to Tenebrae for their journey right?

and Chapter 1 is when Noctis reads the newspaper and finds out about the attack on Insomnia / Lucis, right?

So my solution, Play chapter 0, save the game before starting chapter 1, watch Kingsglaive, resume with the game.
You know what? Boom! I'm stealing your plan. I forgot there's more before you get to the start of them pushing the car

artsi

I would watch the movie right before playing the game, but noooo my hype can't be contained until then. Watching it ASAP when it comes available.

I really liked the Mognet spoilers I read the other day, so it's great that the impressions have been positive from other people.

That's a great idea! I'm hoping I'm patient enough to do that, ha.

MilkBeard

Damn, did not expect there to be such good reactions to the movie.

I think SE's plan of having the movie create hype for the game is paying off. This could have been a disaster if the movie wasn't any good.

I was honestly expecting the movie to be an entertaining flick, but nothing too great. I'm incredibly excited to watch it now.

lhjhbB9.gif

Ydelnae

I will watch and play things in the order they are released, except A King's Tale. I seriously don't think that all the reveals and events in Kingsglaive will be addressed in the first chapters of the game, and I'm not going to wait until I hit the final boss to watch the movie.

People are taking for granted that the game will directly tell you at Chapter 1 wether Regis lives or not, if the Kingsglaive survived or what are the secrets behind some characters, when we kind of already know that it won't happen exactly like that.

Damn, did not expect there to be such good reactions to the movie.

I think SE's plan of having the movie create hype for the game is paying off. This could have been a disaster if the movie wasn't any good.

I was honestly expecting the movie to be an entertaining flick, but nothing too great. I'm incredibly excited to watch it now.

lhjhbB9.gif
Looks like the whole cross media plan will work out.

The anime episodes seem to on the positive side

The movie is getting good impressions

Good as cover song of stand by me(come at me haters stand by me rocks)

The game other than that stupid Titan demo got good impressions from e3 and won best rpg. It's looking good

For the future king!

cci2cKe.gif

MilkBeard

^yeah, even the anime is surprisingly good.

I won't be able to buy a physical collection for the game, but I hope that there will be some way I can get a copy of the movie eventually, whether that be digitally or what have you.

I'm hoping that SE releases a digital copy of the movie to be bought on PSN/Live and stored on the console's hard drive. Might not happen though.

Ydelnae

Okay, I'm now deciding between these two:

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| A film of the VERSUS epic
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| For the future king

Or maybe Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| E3 redeemed, in Tabata we trust again

Boke1879

Looks like the whole cross media plan will work out.

The anime episodes seem to on the positive side

The movie is getting good impressions

Good as cover song of stand by me(come at me haters stand by me rocks)

The game other than that stupid Titan demo got good impressions from e3 and won best rpg. It's looking good

Yea their cross media initiative for this seems to be very positive. With the anime and movie at least you get people invested in the world. They've done a good job with the world building and hopefully they transfers over in the game.

Or maybe Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| E3 redeemed, in Tabata we trust again
Hmmmmm I like for the future king.

OmegaDL50

I won't be able to buy a physical collection for the game, but I hope that there will be some way I can get a copy of the movie eventually, whether that be digitally or what have you.

I'm hoping that SE releases a digital copy of the game to be bought on PSN/Live and stored on the console's hard drive. Might not happen though.

Every single physical PS4 game has a digital release on PSN. There is almost no chance for FFXV to not get digital release. There is no case of this not happening for any PS4 release thus far, there is no reason for there to be an exception for FFXV either.

MilkBeard

Every single physical PS4 game has a digital release on PSN. There is almost no chance for FFXV to not get digital release. There is no case of this not happening for any PS4 release thus far, there is no reason for there to be an exception for FFXV either.

I'm talking about the movie. I have the game digitally pre-ordered. lol, I see now that I put game instead of movie, my bad.

DeSolos

The award was NOT based on the Titan demo. There was a separate demo at E3 Judges week that was about 2 hours long from the beginning of the game(minus chapter 0).

The general impression of this section of the game was really good, and not like the impressions of the Titan demo which were overall quite mixed.

For the future king
xCMEDn.gif

The award was NOT based on the Titan demo. There was a separate demo at E3 Judges week that was about 2 hours long from the beginning of the game(minus chapter 0).

The general impression of this section of the game was really good, and not like the impressions of the Titan demo which were overall quite mixed.
Yea I know that's why I said other than the Titan demo. Press basically played what game informed showed off

Go_Ly_Dow

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| You know Kingsglaive, we really are the last of us.

Note: Speculation, not a spoiler. :p

MilkBeard

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| You know Kingsglaive, we really are the last of us.

Note: Speculation, not a spoiler. :p

Lol, or alternatively:

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| Everybody Dies

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| Sean Bean dies in this one too

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV |OT| Game of Thrones: Season 7

artsi

You win.

Parasite Eve 3 please god. Didn't Kagari say something about square returning to the series?

Takashi Tokita (director / writer of the first PE) is now the boss of Business Division 9, but they make mobile games so Tabata or someone else as the director might be possible.

If it happened I hope Nomura and Shimomura will be on board again too.

OmegaDL50

For the future king relates to the game and film, I think it's the better choice.

Ran rp

how much do you want to bet KH3 isn't getting a digital release

Jeels

I'm hoping that SE releases a digital copy of the movie to be bought on PSN/Live and stored on the console's hard drive. Might not happen though.

Physical movie with anime already up for preorder on Amazon. Also digital release is confirmed. No idea if console though. It's likely iTunes or something

Top Bottom