• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large protests occurring in Brazil. Calling for President Rousseff to resign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Seems like the leaders are corrupt. Seems like the system is even more corrupt. Seems like hosting the WC and the Olympics was a monumentally stupid move.

Platy

You people are really bad in explaining what is happening to the majority of people in these forums ...

...and nobody wants me to explain so ... well can someone ACTUALY translates what the wire on the president said ?

LuuKyK

Good, finally Dilma and Lula are being exposed for the fraud they are. That wire says it all. They are scared and trying to run away from the Police and their investigations. Corrupt disgraces. Hopefully they rot in jail.

People are back on the streets btw.

I am actually scared for our democracy.

Horseress

You people are really bad in explaining what is happening to the majority of people in these forums ...

...and nobody wants me to explain so ... well can someone ACTUALY translates what the wire on the president said ?
Dilma told Lula she would send him a possesion order (for the ministery he took possesion today)

She sent him that order in case the federal police tries to arrest him

Really?

fOdeu caralho!

If the president can say "presidenta", " mosquita" and "mulher sapiens", I think I can say "fudeu"

Good, finally Dilma and Lula are being exposed for the fraud they are. That wire says it all. They are scared and trying to run away from the Police and their investigations. Corrupt disgraces. Hopefully they rot in jail.

People are back on the streets btw.

I am actually scared for our democracy.

I feel ya broh, I'm happy and scared at the same time...no idea what'll happen

Right
cliff's notes

In order to get some special judicial prerrogatives, the idea of making Lula a minister was being floated around. Obv everybody knew that that was just a shitty way to make him avoid the prosecutors that were on his case, but there was no hard proof, since dudes could always claim that they'd give him the job for the good of the country and crap like that. Was the kind of wink wink shit that one could get away with, if one were completely idiotic and absolutely desperate. If you fucked, might as well double down.

Today it was announced that Lula would indeed become a minister. Heck, that he'd get the most important ministerial position in the country.

Shortly after that, a wiretap was made public via the courts, was a chat between the president and lula, and it makes it pretty clear that dodging justice was indeed why Lula would become minister.

They are well and truly fucked.

Hope palace security is on point today, because those fools are genuinely at risk of being lynched.

LuuKyK

Another audio in which Lula is saying that the Supreme Federal Court is a bunch of cowards. It really is getting ridiculous.

Platy

http://g1.globo.com/pr/parana/notic...to-que-mostra-ligacao-entre-lula-e-dilma.html

O juiz diz que algumas em algumas conversas se fala, aparentemente, "em tentar influenciar ou obter auxílio de autoridades do Ministério Público ou da Magistratura em favor do ex-Presidente". Moro ressalta, porém, que não há nenhum indício nas conversas, ou fora delas, de que as pessoas citadas tentaram, de fato, agido "de forma inapropriada".
"Em alguns casos, sequer há informação se a intenção em influenciar ou obter intervenção chegou a ser efetivada",
observa o juiz.

Crap translation :

[Judge] Moro (the dude responsible for all the Lula stuff that he would be "running away" by becoming a minister) said that there is NOTHING on the audios, or OUTSIDE OF IT, that people mentioned before tryed to act in an illegal way. There is also no proof if the intention to intervene or influence others actualy happened

Brasilia is fucked as a whole. As I said in the other thread, they should just put a huge wall around it, cut internet, phones and television and don't let anyone get in or out. A few days later, sweep by dropping weapons and announce the first Brazilian Hunger Games. Sell that shit on pay-per-view and it will save the country's economy.

MrKaepora

19360313_zEcVJ.jpeg

Meaty

http://g1.globo.com/pr/parana/notic...to-que-mostra-ligacao-entre-lula-e-dilma.html

Crap translation :

[Judge] Moro (the dude responsible for all the Lula stuff that he would be "running away" by becoming a minister) said that there is NOTHING on the audios, or OUTSIDE OF IT, that people mentioned before tryed to act in an illegal way. There is also no proof if the intention to intervene or influence others actualy happened

thats not talking about DILMA OR LULA IN ANYWAY WHATSOEVER.

Thats talking about members of the public ministry and the supreme court.

Get some reading comprehension, or your beyblade skills are making you make up your own reality now?

=P

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Democracy means respecting the elected president by the majority of voters, exactly the opposite of what happened in OP's protest =P

It has nothing to do with corruption

Actually, by definition, democracy is a political system in which the majority of the people have free will to elect and depose representatives whenever they see fit.

That's not exactly the system we live in, but I do not suggest further pursuing the semantics of "democracy" as an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom