• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Guardian delayed

silva1991

Obligatory

OcZKCSj.jpg

:p

Man, this sucks. I was really looking forward to playing this next month. Now this makes three games I'm getting releasing really close to each other. Great. *sigh*

"Last-minute delay to very edge of holiday release window" is the new "release with bugs/performance issues and fix them over the first few weeks/months," apparently.

I mean, it makes sense from a business perspective- in the age of social media, the negative buzz you get from launching with issues that can easily be fixed in a few more weeks will probably result in more lost sales than delaying to a less optimal release date, because if you launch in a bad state the people who don't buy because of it aren't going to care anymore by the time you fix things, at least not until you drop in price.

novabolt

Either Sony has no faith in the game or they just want to focus on selling PS4 Slim COD bundles which is understandable as they would bring in more money.

Come on guys, practically every AAA game has been delayed for this generation - even for something that has been in long development periods like TLG. If anything, it paints a very bleak future for the "next-gen" titles where budgets are expected to escalate even further. But I admit that this is funny for this particular case as it has been an ongoing carnival show.

Shin-Ra

DerZuhälter;216658177 said:
Except for the trico twist in the end, nothing was different. Calling me ignorant because I don't think a few blades of grass and a different rockformation in the background is anything new though shows you completely lost the plot mate. Get it together.
You're going to have to get it together and show me where all this stuff was in previous coverage.

The ride never ends with Guardian No. 9.

QpIUuxy.png

(On a more serious note, they probably should had delayed it and GR2 to 2017. Releasing both titles around the same time as FFXV is a pretty bad idea IMO, it will get steamrolled. Does feel like both titles are being sent out to die.)

Sony published games delayed this gen:

• The Last Guardian
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Driveclub
  • Bloodborne
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Order 1886

Sony published games not delayed this gen:

• Knack

kiuc6Zc.gif

I know there are a few others lol

lmao

Reason #419 why Knack is the Game of the Generation™.

End of the year will be insane...

Nov 29: FFXV
Dec 2: Gravity Rush 2
Dec 7: The Last Guardian

A new holy trinity of japanese games will be upon us, it'll be glorious.
not for my wallet though :(

With The Last Guardian being delayed out from October 25th to December 6th, that means World of Final Fantasy is not getting sandwiched.

• The Last Guardian
  • Driveclub
  • Bloodborne
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Order 1886

• Knack

kiuc6Zc.gif

And this is why Knack 2 is getting announced tomorrow.

Everything from Sony has been getting delayed this year, except Gravity Rush 2 (I think?).

Is it coincidence? Mismanagement? Or do they just have the luxury of adding a bit of extra polish to their games due to their advantageous position in the market, and they're making use of it?

Their line up is still pretty fantastic, it's just consistently 3-6 months behind schedule. (Though I suppose TLG is like six years behind schedule. ;_;)

sajj316

I don't care anymore. I'll play the game when released. There is no more hype train with me. Got off that train and now riding a rickshaw.

rdytoroll

• The Last Guardian
  • Driveclub
  • Bloodborne
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Order 1886

• Knack

kiuc6Zc.gif

Jesus Christ, that gif is really disturbing

J-Skee

End of the year will be insane...

Nov 29: FFXV
Dec 2: Gravity Rush 2
Dec 7: The Last Guardian

A new holy trinity of japanese games will be upon us, it'll be glorious.
not for my wallet though :(

Going over my finances now to prepare for that week. And the worst part about it? If any of these games have a rough framerate (especially FFXV & TLG) on the standard PS4, I'm not going to want to play them until I get a PS4 Pro.

Yes, I've become that person & I hate myself for it.

Everything from Sony has been getting delayed this year, except Gravity Rush 2 (I think?).

Is it coincidence? Mismanagement? Or do they just have the luxury of adding a bit of extra polish to their games due to their advantageous position in the market, and they're making use of it?

Their line up is still pretty fantastic, it's just consistently 3-6 months behind schedule. (Though I suppose TLG is like six years behind schedule. ;_;)

It is probably a mix of those things. Sony could release this game on October 25th, but if the dev says it's not ready, they give them more time. Well, and sometimes they lose patience and drop it, like Rime or just release it, No Man's Sky.

SpecX

Its time someone at Sony start using the whip, make internal companies hit their deadline.
Seriously. I'm fine with this delay since it's still coming out this year and will give it space tbetween the big titles, but hell Sony needs to tighten this shit up. They knew what was coming this year and should have dated it better, this is not a good look for them this gen having so many titles especially from the Japanese branch being delayed.

That's the plan! He his trying to give you a sense of relief, so he is delaying that game in little bits. Soon it will be fall 2017 and you won't have realized it!
Usually when you pre order you get a date in December of that year until the official date,hopefully this isn't the case .

LewieP

Sony should stop announcing release dates when they have no idea if they will actually hit them. Pretty much every major Sony title has at least one delay these days.

I think delaying the game is the right decision, it's obviously better than releasing a game that feels unfinished. The problem is announcing the release dates way too early when clearly their methodology for arriving at these dates in the first place is flawed.

Walpurgis

Banned
"Last-minute delay to very edge of holiday release window" is the new "release with bugs/performance issues and fix them over the first few weeks/months," apparently.
No kidding. I'm actually worried now. I mean the silence was concerning but this sort of delay is something else entirely. It doesn't help that The Last Guardian is no stranger to bugs and bad performance (the reason why it could never release on PS3).

Rudiano

Banned
Here we go again, had enough of waiting for this game. Will wait til it hits PS+ and hope it gets 7/10 all around
jk

Jarmel

Banned
If XV by some miracle turns out good and releases at that Nov. release date, it's going to suffocate both GR2 and TLG's releases.

Seriously. I'm fine with this delay since it's still coming out this year and will give it space tbetween the big titles, but hell Sony needs to tighten this shit up. They knew what was coming this year and should have dated it better, this is not a good look for them this gen having so many titles especially from the Japanese branch being delayed.

I agree its honestly embarassing and its really
Managing to hurt there alreafy sparse first party line up this generation

Top Bottom