• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Guardian delayed

Elitist1945

Kinda works out better for me that way. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend $150 next month on the CE, but now this makes it easier. Plus now I can play it Day 1 on the Pro.

Well, shit. Not a huge deal but after all this time, come on...

I found this, LOL

f1711afe20e87971cd88d4605e18477b.png

Christ, it's been a long time coming.

Go_Ly_Dow

NOOOOO!!

Also FFXV wins the game of forever release battle. What a saga it has been for both games.

Truly magnificent.

dugdug

Banned
Infamous:SS was not a disaster, drive club ran fine it was online that had issues.Ratchet and clank had one delay and was great especially at $39.99. Tearaway unfolded turned out great but no one bought it. Until Dawn was also well reviewed received and a hit. Uncharted 4 is fantastic, resogun fantastic, abzu is great. Bloodborne was great. Really the only thing that turned out bad was the order and online for drive club.

I'm a huge fan of Infamous 1 and 2 and "not a disaster" is not exactly the goal we should be achieving here. Tearaway is a (great) remade Vita game. R+C, Until Dawn, Resogun, Abzu and Bloodborne are all third-party games.

KingBroly

Banned
A 6 week delay isn't going to turn a bad game into a good game for one that's been in development for so long at this point.

Lady Gaia

Even more predictable than another delay is all the complaining about how it indicates that Sony'smanagement of titles is poor. I couldn't disagree more. I would much rather have a management focus on putting out quality experiences than hitting arbitrary dates. The decision shouldn't be whether or not you can deliver on time but rather whether a delay will substantially improve the product you ship.

Psoelberg

One month makes no different now. I've waited patiently for years and I'll wait the extra time if it means a more polished game...

jayu26

I'm a huge fan of Infamous 1 and 2 and "not a disaster" is not exactly the goal we should be achieving here. Tearaway is a (great) remade Vita game. R+C, Until Dawn, Resogun, Abzu and Bloodborne are all third-party games.
So is Last Guardian by your definition.

Sillverrr

OMG! Oh you know what, take your sweet time. That's not far off, considering I'll bet no one knew when it would be "ready" while you pulled October's release date out of your collective asses.

I wanted to support a complete game in the age of DLC shilling, but after this development hell I'm not even sure the final product is going to represent that original trailer.

Knack,Shadowfall and Until Dawn. I rather Sony delays games and polishes them up a bit then release janky shit like Recore.

Have you played Recore yet?

The reviews are all over the place granted, but janky shit? Who is to say that TLG isn't janky shit? Don't know why MS is getting brought in to this thread.

I reckon it is delayed due to the PS4pro, they probably need more time to implement features for it

RPGCrazied

I guess I can get Return to Arkham after all, since it got delayed to October 18th, Last Guardian might have to be one of those games I just wait for a price drop on in 2017.

Servbot24

Banned
My gut reaction is it's a very minor delay. But enough that it's another title missing black friday, which is going to impact sales this holiday season.

The delay will definitely impact sales, though I don't think it's really a game where people are rushing out to get it on BF.

Not to mention with Team Ico dissolved, it doesn't really matter to me how well it sells as long as I get it. I doubt there's a sequel hanging in the balance.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Disappointing, but nothing with this game surprises me at this point.

Maybe delaying it to fix the bugs and also to add PS4 Pro mode?

Please?

Top Bottom