• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LeBron passes Jordan for 4th in career scoring

caffeware

Banned
LeBron James moved past Michael Jordan into fourth place on the NBA's career scoring list Wednesday night.

The Los Angeles Lakers superstar scored his 32,293rd point on a driving layup in the second quarter against the Denver Nuggets, getting fouled in the act and hitting the ensuing free throw.

This achievement was particularly special to James, who grew up in Ohio idolizing Jordan. James tweeted his excitement about the milestone shortly before the game: "Can't even front. This is going to be UNREAL!! Wow man."
https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/06/lebron-james-passes-michael-jordan-nba-career-scoring-list

In other news the Lakers aren't making the playoffs.

Rondo is so frustrated he wouldn't sit with the rest of the team. :messenger_grinning::messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Can be a dickish player, but he is the best player of all time.

Don't care about how many awards Jordan has or Abdul's first place points.

James is pretty durable and can do everything. Shoot, score, defence, rebound, pass. When the weakest part of your game is FT shooting at about 75%, it means you're a stud player.

Too bad he's been burned with some shitty teammates for some years. And he's run into the GSW the past 4.

Last edited:

AaronB

Not familiar with basketball.. in soccer/football terms is he messi or ronaldo?
I don't think either Messi or Ronaldo are a physical comparison. 6'8", runs like a deer, major jumping ability, seriously muscular, virtually impossible to stop in transition or 1 on 1, able to carry a mediocre team, great passer, great basketball mind, multiple world championships. Note that I don't actually consider him the greatest all time, but I respect what he can do.

lil puff

This was inevitable imo.

Jordan came in with older folks that hated him and he fought thru it. Lebron did not have Magic and Bird and the Pistons coming after him.

I am older, so I am a Jordan fan (old enough to watch the games in real time) and he has been an inspiration on other aspects of my life.... but I love James and what he is doing for basketball, and what he is doing for communities that he cares about. Lebron James is someone I truly respect.

I love LeBron James he has been favorite inspiration for more than a decade almost I don't really care for Michael Jordan that much I respect him but don't care for him.

highrider

Banned
I think LeBron is the best team player, ever. Jordan probably still the best individual offensive juggernaut. Jordan is such an irredeemable dick of a person though it’s hard for me to like the guy.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Not a basketball follower (though I know about James), but who is this Rondo guy and why does he look like an asshat?

If only MJ didn't retire after his first 3-peat, maybe he would have better overall stats? Until I see LeBrons stats translate into championship rings, he'll never have the greatest legacy ever impacted on the NBA

DarkestHour

Banned
If only MJ didn't retire after his first 3-peat, maybe he would have better overall stats? Until I see LeBrons stats translate into championship rings, he'll never have the greatest legacy ever impacted on the NBA

Jordan only played 15 seasons and Lebron has played 16. I never understood why anyone compares stats that grow over time past an equivalent time period per player.

Top Bottom