• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds NYCC Trailer

methodman

Banned
that gameplay video with the crowd is why nintendo needs a live e3 :(.

that video quality on ustream was fucking trash for that e3 direct

Jetman

Can't wait! Everything looks and sounds good to me. November isn't that far away GAF! We'll be playing this real soon :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Music is unbelievable.
Shit, I don't even mind if it's all mostly remixes, going by what we've heard so far.
Amazing stuff.

They were talking about an ALttP 3DS remake since years, but Aonuma also didn't want to go from one remake to the next so they enhanced it.

Are you suggesting that LbW is a remake of LttP? Because that's in no way true.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It looks kinda bad, but it hits all the nostalgia.

Goddamn I'm such a sucker for Link, and they made a 'sequel' to my 2nd favourite Zelda game...

I'll get it and grumble about it...

linkboy

Music is unbelievable.
Shit, I don't even mind if it's all mostly remixes, going by what we've heard so far.
Amazing stuff.

Are you suggesting that LbW is a remake of LttP? Because that's in no way true.

I actually think he was suggesting that the remake they were talking about turned into this game, which actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

Altazor

be still my beating heart.

The trailer + the gameplay video + Aonuma's comments just made me desperately want this game.

georly

What's that weird ghost/zelda looking thing in the video?

eoSwM1e.png

Here it is behind one of the enemies

nChihQq.png

and then it vanishes into the wall. What?

linkboy

Nintendo needs to keep a version of the timeline on their site that they update with each new game. :p

I really don't think they care that much, just let the Zelda Universe guys handle it, you know, after they examine it 175,000 times looking for a minor paradox to destroy the entire timeline.

Yanksfan

Hot damn, I am really excited for this. The music is unbelievable and the game just looks like a blast. I haven't thoroughly enjoyed a handheld Zelda since Link's Awakening (though I really need to give Minish Cap another go..never did finish it). Despite that, I have a lot of confidence in this game.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hot damn, I am really excited for this. The music is unbelievable and the game just looks like a blast. I haven't thoroughly enjoyed a handheld Zelda since Link's Awakening (though I really need to give Minish Cap another go..never did finish it). Despite that, I have a lot of confidence in this game.

Uh... Oracles?

Skab

I'm glad that the alternate world in this isn't the Dark World from LTTP. Would have been to much of a re-tread.

rabhw

The game looks fun but the art style looks like either:

1. 5th grade art project
2. Early 3D tech demos before artists could properly proportion characters in 3D

Kind of feels like a low budget clone of a Zelda game.

watershed

Banned
The game looks fun but the art style looks like either:

1. 5th grade art project
2. Early 3D tech demos before artists could properly proportion characters in 3D

Kind of feels like a low budget clone of a Zelda game.

To me it looks like early PS1 cg cutscene models. But I actually like that look. Reminds me of saturday morning cartoons or something.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
To me it looks like early PS1 cg cutscene models. But I actually like that look. Reminds me of saturday morning cartoons or something.

This is actually my opinion of the graphics too. They look like CG from a 90's PS1 game. It's endearing to me.

That was a very nice trailer. The music is amazing in this game from what I've heard.

Just some screencaps;

Am I the only one who gets goosebumps everytime when reading Hilda's lines? It just feels kinda creepy which is awesome.

Anyway, hype levels are through the roof.

Huzzah!!! I can't wait. I had to stop myself from seeing these videos (saw few seconds and clicked it off) cuz i don't want spoil myself for it.

I just realized. Princess Zelda, Princess Hilda.

Aunt Zelda, Aunt Hilda....
original.jpg

Auonuma been watching too much Sabrina the Teenage Witch during development.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How many alternate worlds does this franchise have?

RagnarokX

How many alternate worlds does this franchise have?

Hmmm, well if you count split timelines as worlds, those 3.

Sacred Realm and Dark World are the same place

Twilight Realm.

Whatever world the Minish are from.

Termina

Windfish's dream count?

Whatever world the Lokomo are from.

Dark Realm in Spirit Tracks.

Phantom Hourglass may have been an alternate dimension, another Windfish dream, or maybe real.

Silent Realm? I'm not sure that really counts as a world... I think it was a test made inside Link's spirit or something.

Demon realm or whatever that Demise and his demons came from.

Lorule

Hmmm, well if you count split timelines as worlds, those 3.

Sacred Realm and Dark World are the same place

Twilight Realm.

Whatever world the Minish are from.

Termina

Windfish's dream count?

Whatever world the Lokomo are from.

Dark Realm in Spirit Tracks.

Phantom Hourglass may have been an alternate dimension, another Windfish dream, or maybe real.

Silent Realm? I'm not sure that really counts as a world... I think it was a test made inside Link's spirit or something.

Demon realm or whatever that Demise and his demons came from.

Lorule
I've always kind of broke down these as being the same, just different times.

Dark/Sacred/Twilight

We'll have to see what the deal with Lorule is...

One thing I notice from that Kotaku video is the amount of hits enemies seem to need before they croak I don't beleive any other 2d Zelda had such resilient fodders

Top Bottom