• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds NYCC Trailer

I was already hyped for this game, but that video took my hype to the next level. The Majoras Mask references are killing me right now. This and SM3DW on the same day is just ridiculous.

RagnarokX

ASofiRL.png

The pendants have their corresponding goddess symbols on them, making them goddess pearls. The power/wisdom mixup has been fixed.

TheOGB

Banned
LORULE, I'M DYING
4tCIK.gif

Oh man, this is the first Zelda game I've ever been excited for. Really looking forward to this, why's it so far away? :c

Anteo

The only thing it doesnt make sense is that this game cant be in the same timeline as Majora's Mask unless some in-universe fixing of the timeline is involved.

Otherwise the game could just start like WW, with the legend of the HoT but instead of retelling OoT, it would tell MM

jwhit28

I haven't played A Link to the Past in 6 or 7 years. I don't know if I should replay it to recognize the more subtle references in A Link Between Worlds or just wait so that aLBW feels fresher.

CorvoSol

The red-head at about 20sec has a floppy cap.
Aside from Skyward Sword, were it's a uniform, no but Link ever wears a floppy cap.
And it's purple!

Vaati wears a purple floppy cap in the Minish Cap. Lots of people wear floppy green caps in homage to Link in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Ralph has a floppy blue cap in Oracle of Ages. Inasmuch as it is floppy like the hat Link wore in Adventure of Link and SMRPG

IrishNinja

ajim

MY GOD SHIVERS ALL UP MY SPINE!

This is the game I'm most looking forward to this year! Oh yes!

Bagu

Vaati wears a purple floppy cap in the Minish Cap. Lots of people wear floppy green caps in homage to Link in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Ralph has a floppy blue cap in Oracle of Ages. Inasmuch as it is floppy like the hat Link wore in Adventure of Link and SMRPG
When I think of Vaati, I think of a large floating eyeball.
And Ralph's sprite never gave the impression that it was floppy to me.
Haven't played the DS games so I didn't know :p

Tiktaalik

I dunno about this one. The art seems really badly done. I'm hopeful that the gameplay makes up for it, but it doesn't seem to me that this is turning out well.

I wonder if this game was a response to complaints of portable Zeldas not being good/Zelda in general not mixing it up enough, or if this has been on the drawing board for a while (since Zelda gets at least two installments per console, and SNES only had LTTP, not counting that remake of Zelda 1 for a subscription service)

I wonder if this game was a response to complaints of portable Zeldas not being good/Zelda in general not mixing it up enough, or if this has been on the drawing board for a while (since Zelda gets at least two installments per console, and SNES only had LTTP, not counting that remake of Zelda 1 for a subscription service)

They were talking about an ALttP 3DS remake since years, but Aonuma also didn't want to go from one remake to the next so they enhanced it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh, so there's a bunch of smaller optional dungeons to find more cash, plus the main, bigger dungeons? That's pretty cool!

vareon

Completely mindblown by the trailer and 8 minute gameplay video. Everything is so quick and sharp. My 3DS is going to work HARD till the end of the year.

D-e-f-

Banned
The music is tremendous in this.

I'm not sure how I feel about being able to buy all the items from the get go, but other than that I'm liking what I'm seeing.
Well, you can't guy them riggt away since you need cash and have to do some adventuring to get that ... which requires some items... so you need to rent some ... at that point you might as well go to a dungeon :)

Considering the game seems to be going with the traditional "get three things, master sword, plot twist" angle, I imagine you can't do EVERY dungeon from the get-go. There's probably three main ones you can do in any order, and then after the required plot machinations and item grabbing, more stuff opens up.

Peru

The visua approach is still lost on me but the gameplay footage shows awesomely bouncy, spritely, quick gameplay. Really felt like Link was quite agile and capable, so the hype is growing somewhat now.

Angelcurio

Gold Member
The music definitely touched my nostalgia vein. Personally i would have preferred the 4 swords or Minish Cap graphics style, since that 3D looks horrible, but the game still looks fun and interesting.

Top Bottom