• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds NYCC Trailer

D-e-f-

Banned

Bug net returns! Same enemies from the Dark World return in Lorule confirmed! Geographical layout altered confirmed! Lots of neat little shortcuts!

Reminds me of the first time EAD tried to port the original design Link to 3D:

Call me nostalgic but I'm fascinated by the chibi style and relatively low poly models employed.

Ha, funny that you made the post I initially wanted to make when posting the pics but then forgot. Yea this is totally Zelda 64 tech demo/beta Link but with way more polygons.

Oh man... that actually sounds plausible. :O

Aside from the fact that it doesn't make sense that the names of the entire land and people would change or even just switch. "Now we call our princesses Hilde instead of Zelda ...oh and since our land has fallen from grace, let's change its name to Lorule." meanwhile in the Sacred Realm "yea so everything is cool again, now let's start calling our princesses Zelda and let's rename this land Hyrule like the place where that long-eared boy with his tunic came from"

yea no :) (but otherwise it's a cool idea)

I was kinda "lolrupees treasure", but considering there's suppose to be more important than ever now with the shop system, I'll hold my lulz for the full game's economy system

Coolwhip

Banned
Notice how quick all text clouds are? The gameplay seems a lot faster and more dynamic that previous 2d zeldas too. Nintendo is learning!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I got extremely excited with Hilda's monologue in the end.
I wasn't too excited before since I prefer my Zeldas on home consoles.

"finish the game and you might get an answer to that question"

WHAA!? /faints

izZU6LGyGSs8L.gif

jackal27

Banned
Where are your "this art style sucks" complaints now!?

Game looks damn gorgeous. The animation has been improved so much. I can't wait for this game.

Holmes

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/11/why-you-need-to-be-excited-for-zelda-a-link-between-worlds

In this video Jose Ortero elaborates on Aonuma's Majora's Mask Comment.

Basically a fan was asking Aonuma about remaking Majora's Mask and Aonuma told him to finsh this game and then he might just have his answer.
What
What
What

No. I refuse to get excited over it. Majora's Mask 3D would be the end all game for me. I won't allow myself to get excited just for further heartbreak.

jivran

Neo Member
Some mod on IGN claims to have talked to Aonuma about the gender of the villain and says he will have an article/interview about it up on IGN in a bit.

D-e-f-

Banned
Of course it is. Yuga = "It's You, Ganondorf... again."

Ganon will be resurrected in some form or another. Most of the secondary villains often tried to summon Ganon if Ganondorf himself wasn't part of the main story before. They're either servants or worshipers of some sort most of the time. Link definitely has nightmares of him. Probably similar to Skyward Sword-Link.

Top Bottom