• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I would get the Apple Tree House, as it is not long for this world.

EDIT: You have chosen wisely.

There is really no interior to Apple Tree House, but the little flourishes in the yard are really nice. It is also a fantastic parts pack. All those dark blue roof slopes and two light green 16x32 baseplates.

I haven't explored this theme much. Apparently this was the first? It's gorgeous! Does anybody here have it?

4954-1.jpg

Ended up getting Olivia's House for my daughter. I'll just save it for her birthday. I also got the Lex Luthor Power Armor for myself.

How old is your daughter? My eldest built that set when she turned 6 and loved it, but it was a bit beyond her. This past summer she built the riding school for her 7th birthday and only needed help with the stickers.

Good choice with both sets. Olivia's House gives you the coveted "Dad", and the Lex set just plain rocks.

How old is your daughter? My eldest built that set when she turned 6 and loved it, but it was a bit beyond her. This past summer she built the riding school for her 7th birthday and only needed help with the stickers.

Good choice with both sets. Olivia's House gives you the coveted "Dad", and the Lex set just plain rocks.

Well we might be hanging on to the Olivia set one more year. She's just 3 so if a 6 year old found it a bit challenging.... On the plus side it will be a project that will definitely need Dad's help.

wetwired

Terminator, of course!

Edit: He might look good on a motorcycle too.

Edit 2: also, replace Venom with Doc Oc. It's a much more poseable and dynamic minifig. You can do lots more with him vs Spiderman.

I don't have a Doc Oc unfortunately

Wetwired - Is this you selling your Tumbler on ebay? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/290870118369?lpid=82

Nope, that's not me

Look's great! :-D

Got any of these guys?

tumblr_mqwxe9LlDl1s41hqho1_400.jpg

No but I plan on picking a couple of, not sure what to do about the heads though as all the other heads in my scene will be flesh.

Whoa. Local BN just got a huge influx of sets. They even had three of the Master Builder Academy sets (Robot, Action, and Space). All were MSRP, so if you have a membership and coupons, you can get them for cheap.

They also had series 11 figures, but had the most ridiculous mark up on earth: $4.95 per figure. LOL. At least most of their regular sets are MSRP or only a buck or so more.

thanks for the input guys :)

swung by Target and picked up Crawley's Claw Ripper (been trying to get Crawley for a while since I need a regular Croc head for a MOC I have planned later) that I just put together and it's pretty neat how it works even If I'm not a huge Chima fan.

also picked up the Chi Cragger Ultrabuild set... Anyone else here into Ultrabuild style sets? I like them, but that's coming from a huge OG Bionicle fan. I really dislike most Hero Factory sets though.

sqwarlock

I hate being unemployed and having the LEGO itch. Feels like I'm missing out on so many sets. Quick, tell me what sets won't be around within the next few months so I can see if there's anything I just can't miss out on.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My son just told me he doesn't want his lego any more.. Also we are using the space under his bunk bed for a modular street layout and he wants that space back.

Luckily I have most of the boxes, so I think step 1 would be to break down the modulars into their boxes and put them back into the loft for a while, and try not to sell them if possible. Although part of me thinks it could be good to have a clear out, and maybe just keep my larger SW and creator 10xxx sets like the VW and tower bridge.

There are a ton of misc bricks from other sets too (like that family house posted above) but I may not have the boxes for all of those

Some hard thinking coming up. I remember my dad giving our lego away to family when I was a teenager, so when we had kids there was nothing to pass on - I'd be nice to keep some. But then again some of the sets would probably make their money back which could be used for other things.

A couple of new additions for the display...

display_12.jpg

Based on the design of the A-Team Van I modified it to make it look more like a combie turtle wagon

display_13.jpg

Another blatant rip off of someone else's design, I had to modify a few things though as I didn't have enough of the correct pieces, I think the tail worked out better IMO though.

Keeps on getting better.

Hey folks. I've been lurking on NeoGAF for years, especially the LEGO threads. Finally got a login sorted out, and thought it was about time I showed some of my collection.

So first of all, here's my Batcave. Based on the most recent kit, but added a bit too it. Wetwired will recognise the Tumbler! Thanks so much for posting the instructions online man.

Here's a dodgy cameraphone pic taken today. Shows a few more figures/additions...

Welcome to the LEGO enablers thread. I like the expansion of the Batcave set. That Batwing needs to get out some more. It's accumulating a lot of dust in the Batcave.

I built Kingdoms Joust today. Such a nice set. Also tons of opportunity for expansion. Right now I'm gonna pour every yellow-faced fantasy-themed figure into it, but when it gets a permanent place in the collection I'll remodel the towers to be less fairytale pointy and change the heraldry to Gondor :D.

8nDWuiO.jpg

That is a great looking set. If you get 2, you can make an alternative larger build.

So got tomorrow's sales flyers. Target is having 20% off Friends, Duplo, Chima, Hero Factory and Super Heroes.

And Toys 'R Us is having buy one get one 50% off. But its TRU so double check your prices...

It almost feels like a clearance. Some really good deals.

Thinking of picking up 4 Friends sets from the Target sale. That will bring my 2013 Friends purchases up to 8 sets for the year.

I don't have any daughters.

It's ok, I have pink brinks also and I'm a guy with no daughters.

Some more updates for the display...
display_14.jpg

The Blues Brothers Car, I am going to buy some of those little gold star stickers to stick on the door of the police car for added effect. Inspired by someone elses creation I saw online.

display_15.jpg

As requested, Doc Brown hanging from the wire of the town hall

display_17.jpg

I'm interested to see if people immediately know who this guy is supposed to be...

Also I didn't bother taking a photo but I managed to scrounge enough pieces to make another Xenomorph, I think I might tuck them away somewhere surrounding some of the CMF Hazmat guys.

...and better. Terminator! Love all the cameos and little touches.

Thank you both. Bought.

It was $44 CDN due to a 25% off sale. I picked up Family House on Thursday during the same sale...interested to see how the Creator Houses stack up build-wise. Haven't touched them before now.

Good pick.

Brickset has an article on Chinese clone brands. Most of the clone brands are rubbish, but it seems like Star Diamond makes some great brick sets. I wonder if they stole LEGO molds and formula recipes.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7722
http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/miscellaneous/clonebrands.pdf

I'm gonna go purchase one of their military tanks on eBay and report back.

Careful walking the dark path. I dabble in "clone" bricks as well. Mostly for the novelty, curiosity, and stuff LEGO doesn't do.

Sherlock LEGO

Sherlock LEGO set has reached it's goal (can't really post as I'm on my phone). Now the wait begins but I'll bet that it'll come out before season 3 premieres at this rate lol.

That came out of nowhere. Great looking vignette, but unlikely to be made.

I still see that silly Apple store project sitting at the #5 slot. It's not moving up or down. Just sits there taunting and irritating me.

I hate being unemployed and having the LEGO itch. Feels like I'm missing out on so many sets. Quick, tell me what sets won't be around within the next few months so I can see if there's anything I just can't miss out on.

Sorry to hear that.

Tower Bridge

Haunted House

He's unemployed. Those are super pricey. But I agree with Haunted House if manageable. I have it, but haven't built it. It just looks awesome and seems like a fun build.

My son just told me he doesn't want his lego any more.. Also we are using the space under his bunk bed for a modular street layout and he wants that space back.

Some hard thinking coming up. I remember my dad giving our lego away to family when I was a teenager, so when we had kids there was nothing to pass on - I'd be nice to keep some. But then again some of the sets would probably make their money back which could be used for other things.

What happens when he comes out of his dark ages? ;)

Luckily I have most of the boxes, so I think step 1 would be to break down the modulars into their boxes and put them back into the loft for a while, and try not to sell them if possible. Although part of me thinks it could be good to have a clear out, and maybe just keep my larger SW and creator 10xxx sets like the VW and tower bridge.

There are a ton of misc bricks from other sets too (like that family house posted above) but I may not have the boxes for all of those

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkaW_YhRmJM

Some more updates for the display...
display_14.jpg

The Blues Brothers Car, I am going to buy some of those little gold star stickers to stick on the door of the police car for added effect. Inspired by someone elses creation I saw online.

As a huge Blues Brothers fan I am in love with this. I would buy the shit out of this. Love your work mate.

wetwired

As a huge Blues Brothers fan I am in love with this. I would buy the shit out of this. Love your work mate.

To be honest I'm not really a fan myself, I think I watched it once yeeeaaars ago, I really should revisit it.

It's not that I didn't like it, I just don't remember much of it. But I thought it'd fit perfectlywith the 80s theme

ghostmind

The first minifig of the new 2014 Ninjago has leaked to eBay:

vQ0YYuf.jpg

General Cryptor

The cartoon series will be returning for at least an 8 episode run. Will that be enough to put Ninjago back on top again, or did LEGO's abrupt "end" to the theme last year kill off its momentum?

vQ0YYuf.jpg

General Cryptor

The cartoon series will be returning for at least an 8 episode run. Will that be enough to put Ninjago back on top again, or did LEGO's abrupt "end" to the theme last year kill off its momentum?

I think the momentum was lost, but that minifig is so cool I think Ninjago will do just fine. Just not as high as it was before.

EDIT: I've bought stuff from that seller. Credible seller, but his/her source of minifigs is highly suspect. I'm surprised LEGO hasn't shut him/her down. It's obvious that person has connections with someone on the inside. Seller has tons of Iron Patriots and sells stuff before they are released.

vQ0YYuf.jpg

General Cryptor

Really liking that neck piece... Might be good for some Fist of the North Star stuff.

It looks like Amazon is quietly matching the Target 20% off sale. Case in point, the Batmobile 6864 went from $47 to $37 today. A lot of other Super Hero sets (i.e Iron Man 3) are discounted as well.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Don't know if we are getting the house now. Appraiser screwed us over. Haven't built any LEGO in 3 months waiting to move. Thinking about breaking out all the Monster Fighters sets to make me feel better......

Don't know if we are getting the house now. Appraiser screwed us over. Haven't built any LEGO in 3 months waiting to move. Thinking about breaking out all the Monster Fighters sets to make me feel better......

Oh how frustrating-I am sorry to her it. Did the appraiser misrepresent the value of a property you are selling, or the one you are trying to buy?

Stay strong with those MF sets as long as you can!

Ponn

Banned
There's like 8 Super Heroes sets that Amazon has pricematched. I listed all of them here:

http://www.neoape.com/lego-super-heroes-sale-at-amazon/

Ohhhh crap. I do not need this temptation right now for what I recently bought. That Daily Bugle for $40 though...oh...ummm...eeep. That Black Zero Escape for $13 also, losing control.

That really sucks dude. The monster fighters sets will definitely bring a smile to your face though. And collect all the extra pieces, find the appraisers house and lay a booby trap of lego on the floor for them to step on. Muahahaha, evilllll.

It looks like Amazon is quietly matching the Target 20% off sale. Case in point, the Batmobile 6864 went from $47 to $37 today. A lot of other Super Hero sets (i.e Iron Man 3) are discounted as well.

There's like 8 Super Heroes sets that Amazon has pricematched. I listed all of them here:

http://www.neoape.com/lego-super-heroes-sale-at-amazon/

With all these deep price slashes on relatively new sets, I have to wonder.
Has LEGO hit the brick wall?
Is the plastic bubble deflating/bursting?

With all the themes and sets coming out at a dizzy pace, it wouldn't surprise me. Add on top of that, all the "clone" brands nipping at LEGO's heels. Mega Bloks is churning out the licensed sets. Kre-o is expanding the themes and licenses as well.

There is only so much shelf space and money.

With all the themes and sets coming out at a dizzy pace, it wouldn't surprise me. Add on top of that, all the "clone" brands nipping at LEGO's heels. Mega Bloks is churning out the licensed sets. Kre-o is expanding the themes and licenses as well.

I'd be really curious to see how well the DC sets have fared, sales wise. Aside from the biggest one (Arkham) and the smallest one (Catwoman) the sets all seem really uninspired. Actually now that I type it out the Marvel ones aren't much better.

I have to think that Galaxy Squad is seriously under performing as well. I never see the stock thinning out like I do with more popular themes.

Ponn

Banned
Ok so I finally got my new phone working and have taken my first Lego pictures. Hopefully they look a little better then my Vita pics.

First up is my new shelves I put up to display some sets. I was gonna mix it up but decided to just put up LoTR sets.

Orthanc in the hizzy!

b7SXwSm.jpg

Love that Elrond set and Bag End. Seriously two of my favorite LoTR/Hobbit sets

HxqrqIA.jpg

Bigger picture of one wall including Mines of Moria. I will be taking Moria down shortly to pilfer for my Halloween scene. Will probably stick Malibu Mansion up there.

Ok now for my "I went completely nutso and spent money I shouldn't have last week" haul pic.

RiSKwj2.jpg

Ok love the pumpkin, definitely putting a light up brick in it. REALLY disappointed in the CMF I got, seriously. I wanted like half of the figs in this wave and out of 7 bags got a big fat 0 of the ones I wanted. 3 Rock Climbers, 2 female robots, one Police guy and one Female scientist. It's the triple rock climbers that made me most mad. Would have been better of just buying the figs I wanted in the first place. Oh well, you win some you lose some. The robot and scientist lady are kind of cool.

edit: HAHA, just noticed the last pic totally cut out the Arkham Asylum box behind Dynamic Duo. Oh well, thats Asylum behind all that, will take pics of the actual set when i'm done with it, probably this weekend some time.

I don't think they've hit the wall. Their sets are always discounted as are toys in general. Especially with super movie blockbuster toys (superman, iron man, etc), retailers want them out of their inventory for the incoming holiday wave of toys.

Top Bottom