• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Some of the CMF also wore suits, as did the mayor from Town Hall.

As did the awesome Tripod Invader:

UTFpxp1.jpg
67sX1I1.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My heart fills with joy whenever someone posts the Tripod Invader.

My heart fills with joy whenever someone posts the Tripod Invader.

Alien Conquest. An underrated theme. Happy because I was able to get a bunch of sets on clearance. Sad because we never got to see the next wave. Part of me wonders if the alien queen CMF may have been planned for future waves of Alien Conquest.

Galaxy Squad appears to be doing much better. Hopefully there will be a 3rd wave. Retro alien design of Alien Conquest probably didn't resonate with kids.

R-User!

LOTR Orc Forge just finished now!

Melting the metal!
nxG0n6kl.jpg

Really like the compact but not too small playability of this set and I think it has a nice assortment of useful and unique pieces in rare colors: 18 1x1 cheese slopes in olive green, 4 6x12 dark tan baseplates, 2 6x6 dark tan baseplates, 7 dark grey 1x1 round tiles, 6 dark grey and 6 dark green 1x2 "L-shaped" tiles, 1 dark grey burp, 4 silver 1x2 grate tiles(perfect for sidewalk drains in front of MOC buildings), 4 Orc swords, 4
tall/3 small flame pieces, 1 black pot (perfect for Halloween MOCs, 1 brown lower half of a barrel, 2 printed 1x4 brown tiles with the wood pattern, 1 red light brick, and of course 2 White Hand printed helms and armour and last but not least.....

Lurtz!!! 0_o
5WCu23Kl.jpg

And the Armour!...
Z5JGqm4l.jpg

Mmmmetal!!!
pv4nVIAl.jpg

Front View
Wgaw78Pl.jpg

Front Right View
wg9JVr0l.jpg

Rear View
NTpkQLbl.jpg

Left Side
ldSmoydl.jpg

I think this set was well worth $40 bucks! :)

Edit: It seems that some of these pics have a weird green/yellowish tint near the carpet. Not sure exactly what is causing that, but i've never noticed that sort of effect from any of my other 4S pics... :/

Awww... Cottage looks nice and would be very useful as a non-seasonal village house as well. But it's too expensive to buy and throw out all the modern stuff.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on parts sellers on BL? Preferrably in Europe unless the prices are REALLY low.

Disassembled the Red Five X-Wing over the last two nights. It was fine for most of it, but then you get to the main body and it becomes a nightmare to get apart. The way the axles, gears, and supports are all together, it is a challenge to figure out the order to start taking it apart. Building it was fine, but it is impressive how it all goes together and does not want to come apart without a fight.

rallaren

Disassembled the Red Five X-Wing over the last two nights. It was fine for most of it, but then you get to the main body and it becomes a nightmare to get apart. The way the axles, gears, and supports are all together, it is a challenge to figure out the order to start taking it apart. Building it was fine, but it is impressive how it all goes together and does not want to come apart without a fight.
I would love to dig into those bigger sets some day. Especially the UCSs.

I just found room after some fiddling for this thing:

I've made my first order towards bricklinking Imperial Flagship. I'm scared...

Some pieces are gonna be a headache to get though. The 2x2x11 pillars, the mast riggings and, for some reason, the 6x16 plates.

Sails are surprisingly non-ridiculous.

So guess my plan for October will be to get the Haunted House on the 1st, then on the 15th go for the Winter Set to get the Holiday Exclusive. Trying to figure out if I should wait for Brick Friday for the Horizon Express.

Does Brick Friday generally have a store wide discount, or is it select items?

So guess my plan for October will be to get the Haunted House on the 1st, then on the 15th go for the Winter Set to get the Holiday Exclusive. Trying to figure out if I should wait for Brick Friday for the Horizon Express.

Select items, or a global discount once you go over a certain total price. At least that was it last year.

neonglow

Last year was 10% discount on everything if you spent $149 or more. It was for the entire week of Thanksgiving and not just the weekend.

Last year was 10% discount on everything if you spent $149 or more. It was for the entire week of Thanksgiving and not just the weekend.

Wondering if that is 10% off $149 or more BEFORE using VIP points. Because thinking of making Arkham my purchase that weekend and using VIP.

On a different note, tonight begins the Red Five X-Wing Time Lapse build.

The rumor that Green Lantern is in the 2014 DC sets is "lighting" up the message boards today.

Well, with all these must have sets coming out the good news is there will be plenty on clearance since nobody can afford all these sets. LEGO will eventually start eating into their own business.

I believe the first question asked following this news by most people would be "Which Green Lantern?"

Hal Jordan version most likely since movie did poorly.

In a just world, they would do a wave of CMF for the Green Lantern Corps. Hell, give me one for every color!

Too bad there's no cartoon to promote the Green Lantern Corp to support a CMF wave. Also, if cartoon continued and they had multiple color corps, it would have been amazing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
heads up for UK GAF - smyths toy shop have 20% off on seemingly all lego today only - online.

They have a good range, including the BTTF cuusoo and death star

shadow29

Neo Member
Not sure who is the main Green Lantren in the comics, or whether Lego would even care.

But if they do make one, I hope they include pieces to make shapes that ring can create. The pieces for that would be wonderful

Not sure who is the main Green Lantren in the comics, or whether Lego would even care.

But if they do make one, I hope they include pieces to make shapes that ring can create. The pieces for that would be wonderful

That is something a few of us on here have been salivating about for some time. A set that is nothing but clear green bricks and a Green Lantern mini fig. Heck, they could make it a Creator style set with instructions on multiple constructs to build.

So many custom molds!

Have we ever had a green light brick before?

That is brilliant! (pun intended)

That is something a few of us on here have been salivating about for some time. A set that is nothing but clear green bricks and a Green Lantern mini fig. Heck, they could make it a Creator style set with instructions on multiple constructs to build.

Sadly, I think they would go the route of non-trans. That way people could use any existing green brick. For the best, but would be nice to include a bunch of trans green pieces to go with a light brick.

shadow29

Neo Member
Sadly, I think they would go the route of non-trans. That way people could use any existing green brick. For the best, but would be nice to include a bunch of trans green pieces to go with a light brick.

This would be very disappointing. Even though you'd have more part options with regular green, it just wouldn't look nice when compared to a trans green set up.

ghostmind

More 2014 LEGO rumors (From All About Bricks):

CREATOR
31013 Red Thunder
31014 Power Digger
31015 Emerald Express
31017 Sunset Speeder
31018 Highway Cruiser
31019 Forest Animals
31020 Twinblade Adventures
31021 Furry Creatures
31022 Turbo Quad
31025 Mountain Hut

Junior (featuring regular minifigs)
10665 Spider-Man
10666 Digger
10667 Construction
10668 Princess Castle
10672 Batman – Batcave
10673 Race Car Rally
10674 Pony Farm
10675 Police – The Big Escape

TMNT
Seven sets, at least three of which are based off the upcoming TMNT movie.

More 2014 LEGO rumors (From All About Bricks):

CREATOR
31013 Red Thunder
31014 Power Digger
31015 Emerald Express
31017 Sunset Speeder
31018 Highway Cruiser
31019 Forest Animals
31020 Twinblade Adventures
31021 Furry Creatures
31022 Turbo Quad
31025 Mountain Hut

Junior (featuring regular minifigs)
10665 Spider-Man
10666 Digger
10667 Construction
10668 Princess Castle
10672 Batman – Batcave
10673 Race Car Rally
10674 Pony Farm
10675 Police – The Big Escape

TMNT
Seven sets, at least three of which are based off the upcoming TMNT movie.

Junior. Those are "regular" LEGO right? Not some new minifig like they tried some time ago?

I hope more TMNT. I want cheaper turtles so I can get a whole bunch. They'll probably change the print a little.

Would be awesome if Chima has these scoprion and spider minifigs.
http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7708

61QW16MgrbL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

25% off sale at a local toy store...I had to decide between Family House and that Jek star fighter thing. The figs in the latter are incredible but the value on the former won out.

Justify my decision LEGO GAF...did I make the right choice?

neonglow

25% off sale at a local toy store...I had to decide between Family House and that Jek star fighter thing. The figs in the latter are incredible but the value on the former won out.

I like Creator houses so I'd go with the house. Jek-14 is so overpriced even for a Star Wars set.

I'm disappointed. The right choice would have been both, but you did the next best choice. The family house is a nice set. I agree minifigs for Jek are good, but not a reason to buy a set that expensive unless you really like the spaceship or parts for reuse.

Vyer

The rumor that Green Lantern is in the 2014 DC sets is "lighting" up the message boards today.

My son got some book at his book fair in school yesterday that was a LEGO DC Superheroes book. It has heroes and villains listed, but only the ones from actual sets as far as I can tell. Even stuff like Commish Gordon and Lois and that one general guy from the Man of Steel sets.

The only superheroes in the book that I have not yet seen in a set were Flash (who we know is coming)...and Hal Jordan GL.

I like Creator houses so I'd go with the house. Jek-14 is so overpriced even for a Star Wars set.

I'm disappointed. The right choice would have been both, but you did the next best choice. The family house is a nice set. I agree minifigs for Jek are good, but not a reason to buy a set that expensive unless you really like the spaceship or parts for reuse.

I appreciate the support. Even for $70 CDN the Jek set does seem quite expensive. But those figs are so sweet! I am happy with my choice.

This is my first Creator house. I'm going to consolidate my LEGO down to a big table in the basement which will house a "neighborhood", so I figure this is a healthy addition.

wetwired

A couple of new additions for the display...

display_12.jpg

Based on the design of the A-Team Van I modified it to make it look more like a combie turtle wagon

display_13.jpg

Another blatant rip off of someone else's design, I had to modify a few things though as I didn't have enough of the correct pieces, I think the tail worked out better IMO though.

PolyphonicBoy

Neo Member
Hey folks. I've been lurking on NeoGAF for years, especially the LEGO threads. Finally got a login sorted out, and thought it was about time I showed some of my collection.

So first of all, here's my Batcave. Based on the most recent kit, but added a bit too it. Wetwired will recognise the Tumbler! Thanks so much for posting the instructions online man.

Here's a dodgy cameraphone pic taken today. Shows a few more figures/additions...

And here's my modular collection. Not a patch on Wetwired's, but you can see I'm working on turning the bank into a modular.

I'm going to design and print a large, laminated poster with street markings to use underneath the buildings, since the road panels aren't much use.

I built Kingdoms Joust today. Such a nice set. Also tons of opportunity for expansion. Right now I'm gonna pour every yellow-faced fantasy-themed figure into it, but when it gets a permanent place in the collection I'll remodel the towers to be less fairytale pointy and change the heraldry to Gondor :D.

8nDWuiO.jpg

Top Bottom