• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I... have girlfriend endorsement to buy haunted house and helm's deep at the same time. Amid the guilt over spending money I tend to forget that she started the whole lego thing for us....

Our wallets are gonna bleeeed.

Yeah, I tend to forget my wife because of LEGO too. Difference is she tolerates my LEGO addiction...barely.

Been itching for technic lately. But so many parts will not be used again.

I gladly accept donations.

Ryuuroden

The Two day Lego Haul:

10331504355_72c260c872.jpg

10331499735_4ed6fa9a61_c.jpg

Some of those 2x2 tiles were requested by others, you know who you are :D

No more shopping till November!

Jimbro72

Urgh. Ewok Village or LE Crawler?

The answer, of course, is both, for very different reasons. But yeah, both.

After having already picked up the new technic mobile crane and the city town square during double VIP so far, I think I'm going to make one more purchase during this time. Like you, leaning towards Ewok Village but hearing that Orthanc is on the short list to possibly go away sooner than later, I may opt for that now instead.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The Two day Lego Haul:

10331504355_72c260c872.jpg

10331499735_4ed6fa9a61_c.jpg

Some of those 2x2 tiles were requested by others, you know who you are :D

No more shopping till November!

Nice Haul. You went PAB crazy!

I got the first of my Christmas present order today. LEGO Employee minifig included. Second shipment should be here tomorrow. I assume it will also have the minifig.

shadow29

Neo Member
Yay tiles!

So I worked on the marketplace page. Just gotta get some pics tonight so I can post it up. Need a good pic for trading Minifigs. So look forward to that small side thread later tonight hopefully.

xrOiE7sl.jpg

May be someday we won't have to deal with the dreaded stickers on our LEGO.

I build this late last night and I noticed this morning that I have way too many extra pieces. Eventually I will learn to properly follow the instructions so I don't have to go back and try to figure where the parts were supposed to go to.

xrOiE7sl.jpg

May be someday we won't have to deal with the dreaded stickers on our LEGO.

I build this late last night and I noticed this morning that I have way too many extra pieces. Eventually I will learn to properly follow the instructions so I don't have to go back and try to figure where the parts were supposed to go to.

SW LEGO is 20% off at a few Canadian places this weekend. I'm fighting the urge to buy this but may fail.

Once I have the full Palace/Barge/Pit/Skiff combo I'll swear off SW sets forever.

Probably.

Just got back home. Today's haul:

Two large PAB cups (LOTS of 4x6 and 6x12 plates in many colors. So many colors there)
Fall scene
Thanksgiving scene
Halloween pack (marked down to $10.50)
48x48 baseplate (already planning winter set up)
Ewok Village.

What did the store not have? The Super Star Destroyer. They hadnt gotten it in months according to the clerk. He said they could get them online, but he hasnt seen any shipments in months. He also said that the Red Five X-Wing was not doing that well.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Two large PAB cups (LOTS of 4x6 and 6x12 plates in many colors. So many colors there)
Fall scene
Thanksgiving scene
Ewok Village.

What did the store not have? The Super Star Destroyer. They hadnt gotten it in months according to the clerk. He said they could get them online, but he hasnt seen any shipments in months. He also said that the Red Five X-Wing was not doing that well.

Nice haul. Everyone is making me jealous with the PAB cups. Not surprised the SSD might be on its way out. Kind of surprised by the X-wing news. I am holding off to buy it next year. Maybe others are thinking the same way. I am just now getting R2D2 for Christmas this year. So I can only buy so much stuff at once.

Fall scene
Thanksgiving scene
Ewok Village.

Rumor time. Red Five X-Wing for 50% off Black Friday. Just kidding...just being hopeful I can get that at a discount.

Got Lego S@H order. Got village market, free tree stand anddddddd

Booyakasha!

Do they randomly place them or exclude certain people? I believe the latter. I did another online order for the XMas giveaway. Let's see if they skip over me again.

Oh yeah, gratz!

Ponn

Banned
Do they randomly place them or exclude certain people? I believe the latter. I did another online order for the XMas giveaway. Let's see if they skip over me again.

Oh yeah, gratz!

I've been hearing they are random so I think i'm going to keep mine bagged and sealed right now. The bag came in an oversized yellow envelope with a big card explaining why they were sending them out.

Calm Killer

I've been hearing they are random so I think i'm going to keep mine bagged and sealed right now. The bag came in an oversized yellow envelope with a big card explaining why they were sending them out.

I made two orders back to back. First one had it. Hopefully the shipment that arrives tomorrow will have one as well.

neonglow

Here's the LEGO Marvel video game character select screen. Marvel at the characters you can never have in physical form.

Charcters2.png

Charcters1.png

Here's the LEGO Marvel video game character select screen. Marvel at the characters you can never have in physical form.

Charcters2.png

Charcters1.png

They should sell a set with a big, brick built MODOK that also comes with five AIM scientists in those sweet helmets.

Just finished the first tree of Ewok Village, and the final step is so simple yet brilliant in how it puts tree leaf pieces on at an odd angle but is secure. I will be stealing that idea.

LEGO Jabba's Sail Barge

Overall, I really like this set and it remind me a lot of the Falcon. I like set that can open up and turn into a mini-playsets. That said, the Sail Barge is just a bit too small and you can't help but feel that it lost a lot in the translation. I understand the why, because I doubt a $150 or $200 set would be very difficult to sell to general public.

LEGO Jabba's Sail Barge by antiquegamer, on Flickr

I am not a big fan of slope pieces and I think that is one section that really detracted from the look of the ship. I really feel LEGO could do better and make the hull more rounded instead of angular shape.

The ship looks pretty good from the side but from front and rear, it is clearly too narrow.

The Sail Barge opens up and reveal nicely detail interiors and play areas. Poor Max Rebo, he's the only one of his band to make it into the set.

The set comes with nice assortment of mini-figs, however, most of the characters are repackaged of previously release sets.

The Sail Barge makes a great complimentary piece to the previously released Skiff (or the other way around). The Sail Barge has wheels on the underside and can be roll around.

The Sail Barge gave me the reason to finally put together the Skiff. I was surprise that the instruction booklet for the Skiff is bounded instead of staples together like most LEGO instruction. It's actually really nice and feel more like instruction book, I wish LEGO would do this instead of having cheaply looking staple together pages.

Escape from Jabba's Sail Barge! (Inappropriate touching or just brotherly love?).

Dat Max Rebo figure!

And I for one do not want bound instruction books. Sure, they look and feel really nice, but are a pain in the rear to build from. The stapled instructions are easier to lay flat and see both pages and it stays open on its own.

Of course, the best thing is spiral bound manuals like the Super Star Destroyer and Best Star.

Dat Max Rebo figure!

And I for one do not want bound instruction books. Sure, they look and feel really nice, but are a pain in the rear to build from. The stapled instructions are easier to lay flat and see both pages and it stays open on its own.

Of course, the best thing is spiral bound manuals like the Super Star Destroyer and Best Star.
Hmm, I didn't think about the fact that it would be difficult to lay flat. I didn't have the problem with the Skiff booklet but it may be because it's horizontal layout.

Ryuuroden

Hmm, I didn't think about the fact that it would be difficult to lay flat. I didn't have the problem with the Skiff booklet but it may be because it's horizontal layout.

yeah, bound booklets suck. I love the Robbie House and some of the other architecture sets but I really dislike the fact they are bound. Really wish they had spiral bound them.

yeah, bound booklets suck. I love the Robbie House and some of the other architecture sets but I really dislike the fact they are bound. Really wish they had spiral bound them.

Yeah, the Architecture sets and the BTTF set instructions are annoying because of the squared off binding. But the high quality paper and lil info nuggets throughout are great.

As for spiral bound, I love it because it can be laid flat and doesn't wear as much, but DAMN are the books for the Best Star and SSD HUGE.

Hallelujah, I am back from password reset hijinks! So that is what being banned feels like... shudder.

If banned, you can always delete all info for GAF and just simply lurk. The one ban I have had in my lifetime since I joined in 2005 was rough, but at least I could read stuff on here.

EDIT: Finished the four main tree trunks. Building the main platform to the Ewok Village now. Loving the set so far, but I feel the best parts are to come with the top section.

I love the two stickers inside the trunk of one of the trees. An Ewok love note, and a score card for how many Scout Troopers have been killed. Great touch.

sqwarlock

Picked up 6 new minifigures at the local Lego Store tonight. First Lego purchase since I lost my job, and it was especially hard since I got to see all the awesome new(ish) sets that I can't afford.

Didn't take much time to feel around the bags and ended up with the yeti, female robot, lady scientist, welder, and 2 climbers. Really, really want the pretzel girl (to go with the pretzel guy I have), the gingerbread man, and the elf.

Holy shit a new UCS slave-1?

AWESOME! Especially since i missed the last Slave-1 and think it's an awesome looking ship!!! can't wait to see pics of it!

Top Bottom