• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Yup. They didn't make female specific printing. Kinda weird in my opinion but it does also make it easier to just grab random heads and expand your teams.

Cool thatll save money.

Plus I need to stick up on female heads with unique facial features. I'm hoping to make a JEM style girl band, any pieces people suggest?

I need to order some CMFs that would help like the pop singer, workout girl, and rock band Mohawk dude (for guitar). I already plan to use the CMF rock girl and the space girl head that I have.

ghostmind

LFAH4Zzl.jpg

If anyone is looking for the Lego Architecture sets at 20% you should hit up B&N.com and take advantage of the coupon code they are offering;

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email...FILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-je6NUbpObpQ-_-10:1&r=1

Expires 10/14

I understand B&N has some mark up, but it's not that bad of deal with the code.
Markup is minimal to non existent on most things. Best thing is combine that coupon with their bogo 50% sale on regular Lego sets this weekend.

ghostmind

10237813194_80cd90a7f0.jpg

From the same source as the Flash pic.

The question is whether the heads were just stuck on standard LEGO bodies or if these will be the dimensions of these minifigs... Or whether this is real at all.

neonglow

The question is whether the heads were just stuck on standard LEGO bodies or if these will be the dimensions of these minifigs... Or whether this is real at all.

Doesn't feel like LEGO with the oversized heads.

Was hoping the helmet wings/bolts were removable. Looks like it's one piece.

Umm...not feeling it completely. Looks somewhat legit. I'll hold my less than happy initial reaction until I see the final product with proper matching bodies. Assuming this is real and close to final product.

Odd look on face for homer unless it's a doughnut set and he's about to drool. I would think they'd put a more standard expression on him. If legit, I sense a "perv Homer Simpson" meme similar to the Toy Story perv Woody meme.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Looks legit. Not the best expression on Homer though. Size of the head is about what I expected though. Looks much closer to the cartoon than if they had changed the proportions.

Simpsons-Legos.jpg

blockos-630x550.jpg

wetwired

I'll withhold judgement, they're obviously the wrong bodies and the photos are terrible with front facing flash

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Brickset has additional photos of the sets Ghostmind posted above.

LEGO Friends 2014

What is that piece that is a vase for the red flowers?
$100 for cookies and lemonade? I think that stand is a front for "special" cookies.

LEGO Friends 2014 Sets by Brickset, on Flickr

The vase for the flower is a new piece first shown in the new restaurant modular. Jamie discuses it in the designer video. Check it out if you haven't already.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

I bet homer gets an over chest piece for his fat white shirt belly.

Photo speaks for itself.

Lego TMNT vs Mega Blocks
TMNT
by Vanjey_Lego, on Flickr

I kinda like the way the Mega block figs look in comparison. The heads look much better IMO. I'm crossed on which body I like better. LEGO legs win.

Fowler

I kinda like the way the Mega block figs look in comparison. The heads look much better IMO. I'm crossed on which body I like better. LEGO legs win.

I'll be honest, I wasn't sold on LEGO TMNT when I saw them at first, but that pic is a flawless victory for LEGO!

This is gonna sound weird but why is it that lego refuses to do leg printing on the vanilla stormtroopers and clone trooper minifigs? It looks weird when you see nearly every other new fig getting them but these still sticking to plain white legs.

Brickset has additional photos of the sets Ghostmind posted above.

LEGO Friends 2014

What is that piece that is a vase for the red flowers?
$100 for cookies and lemonade? I think that stand is a front for "special" cookies.

LEGO Friends 2014 Sets by Brickset, on Flickr

As Calm Killer said, it is a new vase piece for 2014. I love it, and can't wait to get a lot of them.

As for the large amount of cash, maybe it is yen.

This is gonna sound weird but why is it that lego refuses to do leg printing on the vanilla stormtroopers and clone trooper minifigs? It looks weird when you see nearly every other new fig getting them but these still sticking to plain white legs.
That will probably change soon.

ghostmind

A reminder that starting at midnight tonight, LEGO will be offering the first limited edition Christmas set (40082) with purchases of $99 and up.

Calm Killer

So far I have completed 5 of the monster hunter sets. I have not built ghost train, vampire castle or haunted house yet. But I have to say so far the scientist an his monsters set is the best one I have built. The way the use the light brick in that set is amazing to me. I didn't expect it and it was a great surprise. I will start on ghost train tomorrow and hopefully vampire castle.

Calm Killer

So 9:00 PM, pacific, right? Does anything that the promo set will still be available from S@H in two weeks?

Idk about two weeks. It'll still be available tomorrow right? S@H works yes?

So far I have completed 5 of the monster hunter sets. I have not built ghost train, vampire castle or haunted house yet. But I have to say so far the scientist an his monsters set is the best one I have built. The way the use the light brick in that set is amazing to me. I didn't expect it and it was a great surprise. I will start on ghost train tomorrow and hopefully vampire castle.
Save Vampyre and Haunted House for last. Because everything else is a downgrade.

I'll be honest, I wasn't sold on LEGO TMNT when I saw them at first, but that pic is a flawless victory for LEGO!

Same. And I understand that they look the way they look: in line with most LEGO printed faces.

I'm sure designing new molds is a scary one but a ton of thought still goes into each piece

That polybag is great looking, they are doing an awesome job on these seasonal polybags.

I still haven't opened my Christmas train one from last year...

And potential pab goodness. But more money in gas. But small price to pay for not putting up with fedex.

PAB favor (por favor) if you go to LEGO store. Will page for shipping and chip in for gas money. :) These are the ones in the wild I'm searching for.

Large cups
- Tree leaves x2 (not palm leaves. small cup x1 for palm leaves)
- 2x2 bley x1

Small cups
- 1x2 trans blue x1
- 1x2 purple x1
- 1x2 pink x1

I decided to order online this time, to see if they will include the LEGO shop employee poly.

Hmmm. Good idea. Maybe order Winter Village online. Ewok in store. Gets me two holiday promos.
I am obviously on the fence about Winter Village now, or redeem VIP and order it on Black Friday. Of course, I could wait until after the holiday and get it at a discount like I did with the last Winter Village. With the possibility of moving in January, I don't know if I will have a big holiday set up this year after I take down the Halloween display.

Hmmm. Good idea. Maybe order Winter Village online. Ewok in store. Gets me two holiday promos.
I am obviously on the fence about Winter Village now, or redeem VIP and order it on Black Friday. Of course, I could wait until after the holiday and get it at a discount like I did with the last Winter Village. With the possibility of moving in January, I don't know if I will have a big holiday set up this year after I take down the Halloween display.

I am in a similar quandary.

I have the post office, bakery and cottage to build this year in addition to the disassembled toy shop. Do the holiday sets always get discounted? I loved getting the cottage at such a mark down this past Feb and will wait if so.

I am going to get Palace Cinema on Tuesday in order to get the holiday bonus...I will be sitting around $130 in VIP points so the toss up is: Horizon, WVMarket or VW camper.

I still need to order Farnsworth House online but I will hold off until we get news about the Store polybags going out to Canadians.

Speaking of which-happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!!

ghostmind

LEGO® Movie 70800 Escape Glider $15
LEGO® Movie 70801 Melting Room $15
LEGO® Movie 70802 Pursuit $25
LEGO® Movie 70803 Fool('s?) Palace $20
LEGO® Movie 70804 Ice machine $30
LEGO® Movie 70805 Waste Crusher $30
LEGO® Movie 70806 Castle Cavalry $30
LEGO® Movie 70807 MetalBeard's Duel $35
LEGO® Movie 70808 Super Cycle Chase $50
LEGO® Movie 70809 Lord Business' Hideout $70

(Based off translations, so the actual names may be different, but this gives us an idea.)

I am in a similar quandary.

I have the post office, bakery and cottage to build this year in addition to the disassembled toy shop. Do the holiday sets always get discounted? I loved getting the cottage at such a mark down this past Feb and will wait if so.

I am going to get Palace Cinema on Tuesday in order to get the holiday bonus...I will be sitting around $130 in VIP points so the toss up is: Horizon, WVMarket or VW camper.

I still need to order Farnsworth House online but I will hold off until we get news about the Store polybags going out to Canadians.

Speaking of which-happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!!

It is double VIP time. I would hold that $130 in VIP points to maximize what you get from purchases this month. I plan to dump all my points into Black Friday purchases.

As for your choice between Horizon, WV Market, and VW Camper: VW Camper. All the way. A damn near perfect set if it were not for the fear of putting those stickers on perfectly.

LEGO® Movie 70800 Escape Glider $15
LEGO® Movie 70801 Melting Room $15
LEGO® Movie 70802 Pursuit $25
LEGO® Movie 70803 Fool('s?) Palace $20
LEGO® Movie 70804 Ice machine $30
LEGO® Movie 70805 Waste Crusher $30
LEGO® Movie 70806 Castle Cavalry $30
LEGO® Movie 70807 MetalBeard's Duel $35
LEGO® Movie 70808 Super Cycle Chase $50
LEGO® Movie 70809 Lord Business' Hideout $70

MetalBeard? That figure better have a metallic beard piece. The name of the set alone is enough awesome.

Top Bottom