• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Fool Around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to woo a girl by telling her "It'll only take 3 minutes".

dead2.gif

I have an update. I texted her this morning an apology saying I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable and I feel like a creep for what I did. She replied "lol not at all"

She sat next to me at the extra credit thing and we are talking like it didn't even happen.

Soooooo yeah

Now keep the momentum, say you want to make it up to her and take her out for lunch. Then tell her everything you've told us, you won't get a fingerbang but you will get a kiss and then ask for a formal date. Go get her champ!

Tahnit

Banned
OP how about treating her like another person instead of a conquest. You should have just asked if she wanted to hang out sometime or go get dinner or something.

You don't just go to the physical stuff unless she initiates or shows that kind of interest.

I have an update. I texted her this morning an apology saying I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable and I feel like a creep for what I did. She replied "lol not at all"

She sat next to me at the extra credit thing and we are talking like it didn't even happen.

Soooooo yeah
Like I said before.

The foundation has been laid. Now just continue to build. Before you know it, it will be time to move in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bruh, I'm trying to get to the root of the problem and improve. I've heard what you've been saying for the past 7 pages and I'm reflecting on myself to prevent it from happening again.

The "root" of the problem has nothing to do with this screw up. Your depression or anxiety didn't screw you up here. What screwed you up here is being so direct and being rejected, that you try again to the level of cringe.

Next time, ask for a date. Flat-out. Don't make your intentions of wanting to bang known. Even if that's what you want, you still have to do the song and dance of hanging out with them for a bit before the clothes come off. One-night stands happen due to alcohol and hanging around someone enough to make them go "yeah, okay, I'd like to see them naked." Unless you go to grindr or whatever the equivalent is for heterosexual hook-ups.

antyk

Okay you might have a point, but I didn't think she was a good match for me dating wise she cute and whatnot but we don't have much in common. Maybe this is due to my inexperience, but the dates I have gone on in the past went nowhere and I was out $20 bucks. And that was with girls I thought I had chemistry with.

The thing is, I wasn't afraid of asking her out. I just felt that, if we did go out, it wouldn't result in anything. I felt that we didn't have any real chemistry other than me being physically attracted to her.

Okay see, what my thought process was here was pretty simple.

I thought:

After the final, I won't see her on a regular basis.

Instead of going through the hoops of asking her out, deciding on a place, and whatever, which I didn't feel like doing, I figured, "If I ask this and she doesn't reciprocate, there is only one more class before I never have to see her again"

I wouldn't be heartbroken by this, I just have a thing for her and that's it.
I was thinking that if I did this, I wouldn't be putting anything on the line unlike a date where I would drive there and pay for a meal and what not for a higher possible chance at fingerbanging but more resources spent, compared to no resources spent with a higher percentage of failing

It's like XCOM.

WTF?!

BearPawB

Banned

Soooooo yeah

Good.
I'm glad it worked out that you didn't completely creep her out.

Now the important part is to just stop. She wants to be your friend, and that's cool. But this is NOT an indication that she is open to more shenanigans.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

Soooooo yeah

Make out with her right now

TheSeks

She wants to be your friend,

Might be the pessimist in me, but doubt it. We'll see if OP gets a message from her asking if he wants to hang out after this semester/class is over I guess?

PixelatedBookake

I'm thinking I just ask her out before we part ways, and leave it at that. If me being a creep wasn't enough to make her hate me, maybe I got a shot.

I'm equipping the Plasma Rifle lol Jk

Ray Wonder

I'm thinking I just ask her out before we part ways, and leave it at that. If me being a creep wasn't enough to make her hate me, maybe I got a shot.

I'm equipping the Plasma Rifle

You got it dewd, I bet you get to fool around with her in like a week or so.

Do it. Just dont beat yourself up if she says no. Think of it as good practice. Just keep it PG. Like go for a coffee or pint or something.

BearPawB

Banned
Might be the pessimist in me, but doubt it. We'll see if OP gets a message from her asking if he wants to hang out after this semester/class is over I guess?

i meant that more in the "she is still cool sitting next and chatting" rather than "i want to still keep seeing you"

I probably should have clarified that

And noooo.
Just don't.

This is such backwards thinking.

She has given you NO SIGNALS that she wants to date you.

Move on, try again with someone else.
You already said you don't have a lot in common with her. Why are you trying to force something so hard?

I would not ask her out yet. I think you need some more time from the incident and more of a gauge on how she feels about you two. Maybe in a week if you guys are still talking and she is obviously comfortable then ask her out for some coffee.

TheSeks

Don't ask her out. If you're going to do that leave it ambiguous as "hey, maybe we could meet up over the summer/sometime soon?"

Anything more direct will set her creeper alarm off.

I would not ask her out yet. I think you need some more time from the incident and more of a gauge on how she feels about you two. Maybe in a week if you guys are still talking and she is obviously comfortable then ask her out for some coffee.

Also this.

PixelatedBookake

That's also a reasonable option. I guess I feel as if I want to fix my mistake instead of learn from it. I'll let it go and move on. If she texts me post-class, that's her prerogative.

Half of me is bravo for the courage. Half of me is "well, that could have gone better." The courage more than makes up for that and if she isn't weirded out by it then maybe you'll laugh about it later inbetween tussled sheets.

brau

If you had a % of accuracy with you request i feel you would be a 99% success and fail just like in XCOM. I think you picked the right analogy there bud.

3 mins is better than 2 mins too. You're going places OP.

Ray Wonder

Do not listen to the people saying wait a week.

Ask her today. If she says she didn't find you weird. It wasn't an "incident", and honestly I think it was no big deal and not worth asking if she felt weird about it.

Especially in a joking tone, and with her acting like it was a joke.

Ask her out, and if she says no, say "Okay" and then continue your extra credit shit I guess.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think the OP should keep in mind that in college there are a lot of virgins saving themselves for marriage and girls that only do that kind of sexual stuff with actual boyfriends. You run into that a whole lot less in the postgrad barlife and dating world but I would never, ever assume that a 20ish year old girl is comfortable with a guy coming on that strong.

But hey at least you made a move and that's something to keep in mind in the future.

Rembrandt

Banned
I think the OP should keep in mind that in college there are a lot of virgins saving themselves for marriage and girls that only do that kind of sexual stuff with actual boyfriends. You run into that a whole lot less in the postgrad barlife and dating world but I would never, ever assume that a 20ish year old girl is comfortable with a guy coming on that strong.

A lot, huh?

PixelatedBookake

Do not listen to the people saying wait a week.

Ask her today. If she says she didn't find you weird. It wasn't an "incident", and honestly I think it was no big deal and not worth asking if she felt weird about it.

Especially in a joking tone, and with her acting like it was a joke.

Ask her out, and if she says no, say "Okay" and then continue your extra credit shit I guess.

I understand where the sentiment comes from though. She didn't show any specific sign of interest in me. I said something inappropriate (tho she didn't seem to care), and I said we didn't have much in common. I don't have much to lose either way, but I can see the "wait" option making sense.

I understand where the sentiment comes from though. She didn't show any specific sign of interest in me. I said something inappropriate (tho she didn't seem to care), and I said we didn't have much in common. I don't have much to lose either way, but I can see the "wait" option making sense.

One of the reasons I suggested to wait is that imo you don't want to bombard her with advances, you literally just asked to fool around in her car. Maybe chat a bit and text, and if it's going well ask her for coffee in a week and if she says no then let it go but I think it's better to give some time from the last rejection. Just my personal opinion.

I'd say most of my friends are women actually. I'm not awkward/creepy when I talk to women regularly. I've joined clubs and organizations, met girls, asked them out and whatnot. It's mostly sexual stuff I don't really get. Tinder never worked for me, (never got matches), so meeting people face to face is how I usually interact with girls. It only becomes awkward when I approach situations in the wrong way.

If most of your friends are women maybe you should tell them this story and see how they react to your approach. It may be quite the eye opener for you.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
A lot, huh?

Anecdotally, I ran into a couple perfectly attractive virgins in their mid 20s and probably half the girls I dated after that age range had only ever been with like one or two guys their whole lives and these were women between 23 and 28 or so. I'll see if I can dig up some surveys but it's not some statistically insignificant number last I looked. I spent my dating years in the south so I'm not sure if that skews it a bit.

It's like looking at alcohol statistics and being kinda surprised at the number of adults that don't drink.

Edit: quick google search

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/amp47924/college-virgin-poll/

I am more concerned about the dehumanization of said girl into some object/plaything to be used at the OP's will. I mean all sensible concepts of human interaction were thrown out the window with this one for the specific goal of the OP having an experimental fucktoy for all of 3 minutes.

This goes beyond any level of being socially awkward/romantically inept and heads closer to sociopath/serial killer territory.

Ya that's what's really disturbing me the most here. Just how he views women in general.

You have to be friends with her first. Don't expect a single thing. You can pursue her, but leave the sex/fooling around stuff out of the conversation.

There are places to "hook up", but the golden rule is to become friends. Sex and even fooling around are about trust than simple attraction.

Trust is way more important. Going at it like, "let's do this" is going too far. She might need to know you like her more than just a sex object.

This is basically the way to go. For all you insecure dudes out there. Please staple this in your mind. It'll work wonders for you...

Some people just want to fool around. Its not like people are attracted to others and want to have sex or fool around with someone without going on a bunch of dates first or anything. Thats just crazy.

LionPride

Banned
Ya know, reading this thread, it seems like OP has suspect ass social skills, even for OT threads on GAF

And fool you ain't ever kissed anyone but you're trying to finger fuck someone knowing yo ass don't know shit? The hell?

Did you show her your completion of the six full months of gym participation and she still didn't let you finger her, OMG what a super slut.

Some people just want to fool around. Its not like people are attracted to others and want to have sex or fool around with someone without going on a bunch of dates first or anything. Thats just crazy.

Yes this is true. But OP is totally going about it the wrong way. He can still save himself though. He isn't out of the woods yet.

PixelatedBookake

Ya know, reading this thread, it seems like OP has suspect ass social skills, even for OT threads on GAF

And fool you ain't ever kissed anyone but you're trying to finger fuck someone knowing yo ass don't know shit? The hell?

Hey, I think outside of this, I have been doing pretty well socially. I have some girl issues, sure, but that's due to my inexperience and unrealistic expectations.

Also yes, that was naïve of me to think that, but I just figured that'd be easier. I dunno.

Rembrandt

Banned
Anecdotally, I ran into a couple perfectly attractive virgins in their mid 20s and probably half the girls I dated after that age range had only ever been with like one or two guys their whole lives and these were women between 23 and 28 or so. I'll see if I can dig up some surveys but it's not some statistically insignificant number last I looked. I spent my dating years in the south so I'm not sure if that skews it a bit.

It's like looking at alcohol statistics and being kinda surprised at the number of adults that don't drink.

Edit: quick google search

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/amp47924/college-virgin-poll/

We're all fucking out in the Midwest, come through.

UPDATE: I have an update. I texted her this morning an apology saying I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable and I feel like a creep for what I did. She replied "lol not at all"

Soooooo yeah

Trust me, she's probably creeped out. But most women are basically conditioned to pretend like it wasn't a big deal as a self defense mechanism, particularly if they know they'll have to deal with you in the near future.

Unless you really did have chemistry, she's probably not going to go anywhere alone with you for a good long while.

EDIT:

She asked what does "fool around" mean.

Also, she knew damn well what it meant, this was her giving you a chance to back off with dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom