• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerTapTap

Biggest combined run so far

I don't know how anyone can call this artificially limited or a lottery at this point.

So I'm gonna be really mean and stick the knife in here. 10,000 copies of Mystery Chronicle in the west...

20./00. [PSV] Fushigi no Chronicle: Furikaerimasen Katsu Madewa (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.07.30} - 5.171 / NEW
39./00. [PS4] Fushigi no Chronicle: Furikaerimasen Katsu Madewa (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.07.30} - 1.907 / NEW

... may be more than the game sold physically in Japan, lol (and it wasn't a limited run, before you ask :p)

The original game has over 350,000 owners on Steam alone. 10k still seems mighty weak.

The original game has over 350,000 owners on Steam alone. 10k still seems mighty weak.
I don't see your point?
The game is $3 on Steam, was available for as low as $0.50 and was bundled.

How is that comparable in any way? The game will take a few hours to sell out, probably only after the unit limit is removed, everyone will get one and be happy. What more exactly do you want except some comically big fantasy number of copies that feels right to you and will put LRG out of business?

Did you follow how long it took 7k copies of Shadow Complex to sell, arguably the bigger and more popular game? What exactly is the problem with a 10k run?

SpotAnime

Something to mention here is that Spike Chunsoft is a hugely influential Japanese developer and publisher (these are the folks who developed the original Dragon Quest games on Famicom). If we do good work for them this will certainly open doors in Japan! If you want to see more Japanese games come through us, don't sit this one out. :)

You got me. Sold.

See you in September.

CqeNpfCWEAEZb8L.jpg:orig

here it is

Biggest combined run so far

I don't know how anyone can call this artificially limited or a lottery at this point.

EDIT:

Ye1G6Oi.png

Excellent news! I can't wait to snag a copy.

Clov

I looked it up, and it looks like you can play as Naegi and Komaru, along with one more secret character (probably Monokuma). Looks pretty unlikely that my personal favorite character will be playable, so I think I might skip this one.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Should be one more PS4 and Vita title coming out next month either before or at the same time as Mystery Chronicles.
Mystery Chronicles PS4 is labeled #11 whereas the most recent release is #9.
Mystery chronicles Vita is #10 whereas it's most recent is #8.

Hobbun

Should be one more PS4 and Vita title coming out next month either before or at the same time as Mystery Chronicles.
Mystery Chronicles PS4 is labeled #11 whereas the most recent release is #9.
Mystery chronicles Vita is #10 whereas it's most recent is #8.

Dragon Fantasy is also coming out next month. For both PS4 and Vita.

hawk2025

It's worth noting that there is constant progression in One Way Heroics -- your basic stats actually grow as you play. It's more like Rogue Legacy than start-from-beginning-everytime roguelites/likes.

Unrelated: Soldner really is an excellent, excellent game. Once you get the hang of the chain system and how the different meters fill out, it's really fun.

emb

how about we don't use this thread to start witch hunts?
100% agreed.
And why, exactly, can't they do that? I mean, yeah, it's kinda a dick move, but they've got every right to do it.
Imo, there's 0 wrong with buying something because you know it'll be worth more later.

I think the previous poster is calling out that auction because it says 4 available, while LRG limits customers to 2 per. The limit is nice for keeping things sane, but there's no way it will keep everyone out. At most it can make eBayers collaborate with another person (or people) to get more copies.

hawk2025

First -- LRG getting into vinyl soundtracks, YES!

But...

Please, please, please sell the vinyl separately and at a different time than the games!

Shipping vinyl with anything else in the same box is a nightmare anyways and highly NOT recommended to avoid damage, so it would be incredibly useful if we didn't have to add yet another thing to worry about with multiple games going up at the same time.

c-murph

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-...563555?hash=item3d238ec2a3:g:XqkAAOSwMtxXu0YS

damn these scalpers... and trying to hide location... but several other of his auctions say he is from Orem/Payson, Utah. Get em.

Isn't there a find contact information right on ebay? Pretty sure personal info is just handed over to you if you've dealt with the seller too.

But I'm assuming he just used his mom's and pop's name to get extra copies. I don't think there's any rule about getting the item mailed to the same address as long as the name and CC are different. Probably wrong on that but whatev. He'll be paying for shipping on each which just means more mark-up.

First -- LRG getting into vinyl soundtracks, YES!

But...

Please, please, please sell the vinyl separately and at a different time than the games!

Shipping vinyl with anything else in the same box is a nightmare anyways and highly NOT recommended to avoid damage, so it would be incredibly useful if we didn't have to add yet another thing to worry about with multiple games going up at the same time.

Given the game the vinyl is for (Saturday Morning RPG) is already printed and sold out, i'm assuming it will be separate.

hawk2025

Anyone knows if there's a chance Lost Sea will get a patch to allow for stopping mid-game?

I've been going back to the game every now and then and I quite like it, but I really think it needs a temporary save slot to let people jump in and out of the game.

I think we have someone from Eastasiasoft posting here every now and then, right? Any chance of a patch? :)

Given the game the vinyl is for (Saturday Morning RPG) is already printed and sold out, i'm assuming it will be separate.

Ah, I thought it was a new pressing and they were going to begin doing LRG vinyl releases. So it's probably just a few copies, eh?

Ah, I thought it was a new pressing and they were going to begin doing LRG vinyl releases. So it's probably just a few copies, eh?

I'm sure LRG will clear it up, but im assuming they are doing a limited print of the vinyl. They aren't making more copies of the game to go with it. Possibly testing the waters for vinyl as well, or they just really wanna do a vinyl.

hawk2025

I'm sure LRG will clear it up, but im assuming they are doing a limited print of the vinyl. They aren't making more copies of the game to go with it. Possibly testing the waters for vinyl as well, or they just really wanna do a vinyl.

Oh yeah, I don't mean to imply that they would also reprint the game, I know that's never happening.

I was just a bit worried that the vinyl would be put on sale at the same time as OWH and Dragon Fantasy. I'm tired of the mental anguish of trying to buy like 5-6 things all at the same time, and it's not like the logic that it helps save on shipping cost works for vinyl.

Oh yeah, I don't mean to imply that they would also reprint the game, I know that's never happening.

I was just a bit worried that the vinyl would be put on sale at the same time as OWH and Dragon Fantasy. I'm tired of the mental anguish of trying to buy like 5-6 things all at the same time, and it's not like the logic that it helps save on shipping cost works for vinyl.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH

Yeah, that i can't say, but again, i'm sure they will clarify sooner then later. Given that they are following the Rez stuff closely, they may know the shipping issues already.

Tapejara

Doug or Josh: apparently Breach & Clear: Deadline has unachievable trophies. Do you know if Mighty Rabbit plans to patch it?

Have any Canadians gotten their copies of Soldner yet?

My tracking information says it (finally) cleared customs. Hoping for this week!

hawk2025

Doug or Josh: apparently Breach & Clear: Deadline has unachievable trophies. Do you know if Mighty Rabbit plans to patch it?

Yeah, I got in touch with them about it.

Haven't had a chance to record a video with where it happens yet, but they are aware of it and supposedly a patch is coming.

Did you get to the point where it happens, or did you read it somewhere? Do you have a link? Curious if we are talking about the same spot.

Have any Canadians gotten their copies of Soldner yet?

Cleared customs today. For comparison Octodad took 5 days to go New York -> Customs - > Delivered. Soldner is at 12 days and counting, way longer.

Also 4 of those Octodad days were from clearing customs -> delivered. Soldner just sat in New York for a while.

Shizuka

My copy arrived today at the post office.
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow (and pay the tax).

Damn, I wasn't checking my tracking code hoping it wouldn't get hit by the customs, but I just found out that it did. I'll wait until some other games I'm expecting either get held at the post office or come straight home.

Tapejara

Yeah, I got in touch with them about it.

Haven't had a chance to record a video with where it happens yet, but they are aware of it and supposedly a patch is coming.

Did you get to the point where it happens, or did you read it somewhere? Do you have a link? Curious if we are talking about the same spot.

I haven't played it yet (my copy hasn't arrived yet). I was reading the Unachievable Trophies thread over at PlayStation Trophies and someone mentioned there's one trophy that requires you to kill enemies in a certain mission but there aren't any enemies in the mission. They weren't any more specific, but I'll post the link in a second.

Edit: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5737438-post6426.html

Galdius

Damn, I wasn't checking my tracking code hoping it wouldn't get hit by the customs, but I just found out that it did. I'll wait until some other games I'm expecting either get held at the post office or come straight home.

Another package from the US that I was expecting got taxed and is also waiting at the post office. Even cart/box protectors are taxed nowadays.

I would like LRG to offer to hold onto games for us and ship everything in one go instead of us having to go to the post office every month.

Shizuka

Another package from the US that I was expecting got taxed and is also waiting at the post office. Even cart/box protectors are taxed nowadays.

I would like LRG to offer to hold onto games for us and ship everything in one go instead of us having to go to the post office every month.

Not completely unrelated, but I'd like for games releasing on the same month to be released on the same day. I know it'll be crazy and tricky to get them all before selling out, but we'd save on shipping, taxes and the trip to the post office.

MoxManiac

Interested in Dragon Fantasy Black tome of ice but is it necessary to play the first one? This one looks Chrono Triggery which is cool.

We're not sure what the rollout plan for the vinyl will be. We don't want to overwhelm people with yet another thing in September but October is poised to be busy too. We're aiming to ship vinyls first class in boxes for our existing shipping prices. Should be feasible. Price isn't set on the vinyl yet but I think we were discussing either $24.99 or $26.99. For reference, they'll be individually numbered out of 450.

Interested in Dragon Fantasy Black tome of ice but is it necessary to play the first one? This one looks Chrono Triggery which is cool.

No, playing the first is not necessary. There are some callbacks to it, but it is totally standalone.

I got Xeodrifter for PS4 from eBay however the disc is loose. Can anything be done about that? Asking just in case before I open it.

Also, there's a hole through the UPC under the plastic wrap. Is that normal?

If I plan on getting Dragon Fantasy and Mystery Chronicle is it possible to put them together to save on shipping if I don't mind getting Dragon Fantasy later?

I got Xeodrifter for PS4 from eBay however the disc is loose. Can anything be done about that? Asking just in case before I open it.

Hole through the UPC means a Sony employee broke the rules and sold a free game. You'd do me a heck of a favor if you could PM me their eBay account. :)

Is this usually a problem for PS4 discs? With the anti scratch layer I'd think just a loose disc wouldn't be enough to scratch it. The only loose PS4 games I've got have been from stores and never had scratches.

If I plan on getting Dragon Fantasy and Mystery Chronicle is it possible to put them together to save on shipping if I don't mind getting Dragon Fantasy later?

No, sorry. :(

Unfortunately since we're such a small company (just two people) keeping track of special shipping requests is too difficult. We did that with Breach & Clear, Saturday Morning RPG, and Oddworld - as a result they took up to 3 1/2 weeks each to ship out. Hopefully when we have an opportunity to grow and hire some more hands, this would be logistically feasible.

It's a possibility that One Way Heroics will end up on sale at the same time as our final September game (sorry for the exhausting month), which would still give you an opportunity to save some shipping.

The final game is really exciting - an indie game that I would consider quite big. Dunno where it would register on everyone else's scale for relevance but I'm excited for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom