• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band announced for PSP

Rock Band Unplugged it the successor to FreQuency / Amplitude confirmed! Via Harmonix's Dan Teasdale on Twitter

@deliciousbees said:
deliciousbees is happy that Rock Band Unplugged is announed. Phrase-based lane-switching beatmatch lives again!

iceatcs

For Heavyrain info, there is an interview from David Cage in latest issue D+PAD.
I didn't check cos PDF crash my computer, gotta to wait my home one.

Okay, that's pretty awesome.

Quite curious how LittleBigPSP looks though, hope it has the same amount of detail (not in a modelling or texturing way) as the PS3 version.

I should sell my PSP quick, maybe it's worth something. Then hope a new one's coming.

kenta

Has no PEINS
StrikerObi said:
Rock Band Unplugged it the successor to FreQuency / Amplitude confirmed! Via Harmonix's Dan Teasdale on Twitter
This totally just made my day. Bravo, Harmonix

Edit: Wait, bravo... Backbone? I have a queasy feeling all of a sudden

StuBurns

Banned
I think Motorstorm on the PSP is insane. I wonder if all that moldable mud is possible on the tech.

LBP PSP is day one for me without question.

iFootball

awesome news for PSP !!!

I hereby predict!: That at least one these titles (if not all) will be available thru download by PSN from day one... maybe even only thru PSN, thus killing the UMD option entirely..

and BTW... "Rock Band the Amplitude way" in which I can switch between instruments?? sounds awesome!

edit: beaten?

Matt_C

Oni Jazar said:
I hope all of these games can be purchsed from the PSN.

Die UMD!

You taken my words and thoughts. Sadly in the United States, games retail has a death-grip on any possibility of abandoning UMD. Sony could always pimp out PSN network cards like what Apple does.

StuBurns

Banned
Wario64 said:
Motorstorm trailer is CG...right?
If it's not, it's the best looking PSP game by a long way. Though, it's coming to PS2 also, which will no doubt look better than the PSP one...

Yeah, got to be CG.

Oh how we've waited 2 years for this day. The day that finally PSP games would be annouced that we can look forward too!

2009 YEAR OF THE PSP

GQman2121

Banned
This is some pretty substantial news to read having just come back from lunch. Wow.

Snowmobiles in Motor Storm feel like they would go hand and hand, so I guess it's the next logical step. Also, it's a smart move developing a PS2 version. I'm actually shocked more big PSP titles haven't been showing up on the PS2. Surely a game like God of War: Chains of Olympus would sell if it were to make the jump.

shpankey

not an idiot
make LBP downloadable over PSN and I will jizz all the fuck over this place!

edit: ohh MotorStorm too? hot dayamn! :D

please for the love of all that is Holy... Sony, listen to me... more more more on the PSP Store! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE. I am dying to give you my money. Make it happen.

BuddyC

Wario64 said:
Motorstorm trailer is CG...right?
Undoubtedly.

I never thought I'd be excited about Rock Band PSP, but a new Frequency/Amplitude? I've been wanting that for years. It's like Christmas in February.

GQman2121 said:
Surely a game like God of War: Chains of Olympus would sell if it were to make the jump.
I'm not sure about that. You've already established an incredibly high bar on the PS2, why go and potentially injure your franchise by putting out a half-assed PS2 port?

iceatcs said:
For Heavyrain info, there is an interview from David Cage in latest issue D+PAD.
I didn't check cos PDF crash my computer, gotta to wait my home one.

He mentions that QTE's are a minor part of HR. They only come into effect when you're dealing with situations that couldn't be handled with traditional controls. He also mentions that he understands that hardcore gamers don't like QTE's but they've put a lot of work into them with HR and he hopes he can change their mind. He also says that they've got a lot of plans for DLC. But right now his goal is to pack as much as he can onto the BR. "Games are expensive; my focus is to give as much as I can to gamers for their money." At the end of the interview it's mentioned that it'll be out later this year.

StuBurns

Banned
templeusox said:
I'm not sure about that. You've already established an incredibly high bar on the PS2, why go and potentially injure your franchise by putting out a half-assed PS2 port?
Sony still support the PSP, PSP to PS2 porting is easy for them. It's stupid not to be porting all their first party titles after six months or so.

shpankey

not an idiot
LBP to me fits so much more on the PSP. it's the kind of game that is perfect for a handheld. it makes so much sense that i'm surprised it's getting done in this world of nonsensical-ness.

stawnkald

I haven't been this excited for PSP since before the damn thing came out. All this, plus the Persona remake coming to Lands of English Speakers...fuck. I AM PUMPED.

StuBurns

Banned
stawnkald said:
I haven't been this excited for PSP since before the damn thing came out. All this, plus the Persona remake coming to Lands of English Speakers...fuck. I AM PUMPED.
Me too. LBP, Motorstorm, FFAgitoXIII, The 3rd Birthday... The future's bright.

If I were Sony, I would have done a Hannah Montana PS3 (lol) bundled with Disney's high school musical Sing it and LBP for 399.

That shit would sell.
maybe

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
the only thing that could make things any more sweeter would be Sega announcing a brand new Yakuza game for the PSP (preferably for a simultaneous US/JP release :D)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
chandoog said:
the only thing that could make things any more sweeter would be Sega announcing a brand new Yakuza game for the PSP (preferably for a simultaneous US/JP release :D)

Still waiting for Devil May Cry PSP from Capcom :(

chandoog said:

Valkyria Chronicles would be much more suitable to the PSP than a Yakuza would be.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:
Still waiting for Devil May Cry PSP from Capcom :(

Same here, Capcom could make a killing if they make a good DMC game for the PSP.

I wonder if Sony will have anything left to announce for E3 and TGS.

jjasper

shpankey said:
please for the love of all that is Holy... Sony, listen to me... more more more on the PSP Store! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE. I am dying to give you my money. Make it happen.

I think I read(heard) somewhere that all of Sony's PSP games from 2009 onward would have both retail and PSN releases.

stawnkald

chandoog said:

tooltime3.gif

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Meh, wish we could get some original games. Im not really interested in playing those games, whatever they end up to be on a PSP.

Captain N

How long before we see some screen shots and videos of these games? I am very excited for them! Will Rock Band have mini drums / guitars?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Press release mentions "exclusive installment", which probably means a ground-up game. Who know what it will be though, could be like the DS game for all we know.

I'm more interested in hearing about Rock Band Unplugged. I honestly don't see Rock Band working well without a peripheral, so the gameplay has to be radically changed.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ZealousD said:
Press release mentions "exclusive installment", which probably means a ground-up game. Who know what it will be though, could be like the DS game for all we know.

I'm more interested in hearing about Rock Band Unplugged. I honestly don't see Rock Band working well without a peripheral, so the gameplay has to be radically changed.

Kind of sad that people have come to rely on those.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I wish LBP was a straight up platformer. Create and share should be left to ps3. Spend more time on creating a longer game.

MS = Awesome. Day one.

I'm also curious to see how assassins creed and RB turn out.

What a good day.

CHRP718

Banned
neojubei said:
Same here, Capcom could make a killing if they make a good DMC game for the PSP.

I wonder if Sony will have anything left to announce for E3 and TGS.
:D I hopes
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 2009 JP / Early 2010 NA/EU
Plus Gran Turismo Portable

Top Bottom