• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band announced for PSP

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow the fuck!

I'm not sure if this means a PSP2 is in-coming or not. RB would have a weird input (Touch screen maybe?), and maybe Motorstorm: AE isn't CG, but PSP2 graphics?

Who knows, can't wait to get my hands on these games though. Go SCEA! Now give the PSP Store some love.

M3wThr33

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
I don't think there's a market for Rock Band portable DLC outside maybe 100 people. Why would you purchase any of that for a handheld when there's a perfect existing set-up on consoles?
:lol :lol Why buy handheld games at all?

Emotions

This lineup is far from impressive. I could care less about those titles aside from S-E stuff and Atlus usa releases, LocoRoco 2, Patapon 2 and if Assasin's Creed turns out good. I'll be getting as well but PSP is doing terribly in the west.
I'm still keeping my PSP though just for those titles.

Spiegel

Okay, SCEA/E is doing something now. Awesome

Goldrusher said:

Reposting
Spiegel said:
Re. GTA SAS

There is also a ps2 version
GTASTORPS2.JPG

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=676521

And the date of one of the comments is 10 July, 2008 so...

vaporware

btrboyev

nice bullshots of motorstorm. and that video is clearly not realtime either. But it will probably turn out well enough.

Sadist

Blueblur1 said:
I don't think there's a market for Rock Band portable DLC outside maybe 100 people. Why would you purchase any of that for a handheld when there's a perfect existing set-up on consoles?
Guitar Hero on DS wants a word with you.

But I'm kind of curious how Rock Band would work. Motorstorm looks awesome.

EktorPR

Ok, so Motorstorm on PSP confirms no "main line" Motorstorm on da' PS3 this year.

Now, WHERE THE FUCK is that downloadable content for Pacific Rift, Evolution?!

Blueblur1

M3wThr33 said:
:lol :lol Why buy handheld games at all?
You know what I mean. Guitar Hero obviously does very well for itself on DS and I'm not saying that Rock Band won't. I'm just criticizing the fact that they're going to include an online store and downloadable songs.

I imagine they're doing it because its possibly easy to implement the store and DLC because at least all the front-end code is being ported over. They could make some money through DLC on Unplugged but its a little bit ridiculous to expect more than a couple of people will actually purchase anything.

Sadist said:
Guitar Hero on DS wants a word with you.

But I'm kind of curious how Rock Band would work. Motorstorm looks awesome.
Your post has been addressed above.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My reaction:
- LBP makes total sense. I hope it's interoperable with the PS3 version.
- Rock Band could go either way. Having the music store is a great start, but they've gotta make the game fun to play. Hope it works out.
- AssCreed could definitely go either way. Hopefully they design the game around the PSP rather than shoehorning in the original game to the PSP format. I'm wary of Ubisoft.
- I'm not really a fan of MotorStorm so this isn't for me, but it looks good and it's definitely a good choice for PS2 port.

- I sure hope Namaikada gets localized.
- I sure hope Heavy Rain comes here this year.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
HOLY FUCKING CRAP !!

just took a break from studies and i log in to see this !

DAY FUCKING SAVED !!

kuYuri

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57381

Following up on the surprise revelation that Harmonix's multi-instrument music series Rock Band is somehow heading to the PSP, Primotech claims to have the details. And no, it won't come with an add-on a la Guitar Hero DS.

The site says it's learned that the off-shoot, dubbed Rock Band Unplugged, is currently in development at Backbone Entertainment, and will feature tracks from Blink 182, Boston, AFI, Kansas, Lit, and The Police plus DLC support when in arrives this fall.

The gameplay resembles Harmonix's PlayStation 2 games Amplitude and Frequency, with players tapping face buttons in time with an on-screen track. Once players have completed a "phase" on an instrument, that track will apparently play itself for a bit, allowing gamers to switch to the other instruments and build up their score multiplier

Uh oh @ Backbone Entertainment part. :lol

TripOpt55

Wow, I'm impressed. I mean I was pretty sure those LBP and MS rumors were true, but they're still really cool. Also, I think RB and AC could be cool. I remember when they were talking about getting third-parties to do original takes on franchises and they just couldn't announce, I guess these are a couple of them (I hope there's more I was hoping for an RE or DMC from Capcom).

I'd really like to know who's doing this Assassin's Creed game. I wish they'd get a small team of Ubi Montreal devs to do it. You know treat it like an important project. I know AC was flawed, but I see potential for AC2, and I'm going to hope for this one (the DS game didn't work out very well).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
btrboyev said:
nice bullshots of motorstorm. and that video is clearly not realtime either. But it will probably turn out well enough.

PS2 version I bet

WRC4 on PS2 was actually near that ...WRC's engine can do nice stuff for Motorstorm PS2/PSP

Tideas

Banned
AzureNightmareXE said:
sounds like a banner year for those with CFM PSPs

err..why just CFM PSP and not regular PSP? What, so that people with CFM can illegally download it and play it?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
OMG, FREQUENCY/AMPLITUDE REBORN!!!!

Best news ever.

The gameplay resembles Harmonix's PlayStation 2 games Amplitude and Frequency, with players tapping face buttons in time with an on-screen track. Once players have completed a "phase" on an instrument, that track will apparently play itself for a bit, allowing gamers to switch to the other instruments and build up their score multiplier

andycapps

Whoa, this is a megaton. I really thought they were about done with the PSP software support. LBP for PSP will definitely be mine. Motorstorm on PSP sounds great, it'd work well for 5 minute gaming sessions. Assassin's Creed for PSP sounds.. interesting. Wonder if it'd be a port or built from the ground up for the PSP.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So Rock Band PSP is going to be a standard button-pressing rhythm game? DJMP is the current king on the platform, it'll be interesting how it compares.

Kolgar

That Motorstorm vid isn't even PS2 footage; it's CGI all the way.

Watch it all the way through. It even contains a nod to the CGI (*not* realtime) footage we saw at the original Motorstorm's unveiling. (Where the biker nearly gets thrashed by the truck - or in this case, snowmobile.)

kuYuri

XiaNaphryz said:
So Rock Band PSP is going to be a standard button-pressing rhythm game? DJMP is the current king on the platform, it'll be interesting how it compares.

Yes, but now with DLC. ;)

Concept17

EktorPR said:
Ok, so Motorstorm on PSP confirms no "main line" Motorstorm on da' PS3 this year.

Now, WHERE THE FUCK is that downloadable content for Pacific Rift, Evolution?!

Well its Bigbig studios working on the PSP version, not Evolution. I'm sure we'll see plenty of content for PR throughout the year.

Regardless, I was wondering what we had to look forward to on PSP outside of SE titles. This is all great. I'm actually most interested in seeing how Assassin's Creed turns out.

CHRP718

Banned
Dante said:
Love some of the concepts shown in that MS PSP trailer, hope they do a snow version next on the Ps3 :)
the snow stuff would be even more amazing on a PS3 version :D
also the PlayStation® Network thing at the end of the Motorstrom: Arctic Edge trailer is slick.

Elios83

deepbrown said:
There are some real-time screenshots actually...

I've got the impression it's all from a CG target render, which is made deliberately with low detail. It's the vision they have for the platform, of course being a PSP/PS2 game they can't use state of the art CG graphics as a vision.

BTW really good news, I hope more games are coming and that the Assassin's Creed game is something more than a low budget effort to milk the series.

TripOpt55

Stumpokapow said:
- AssCreed could definitely go either way. Hopefully they design the game around the PSP rather than shoehorning in the original game to the PSP format. I'm wary of Ubisoft.
This is what I'm saying. I mean with KZ and even Daxter (a Jak II/3 type game would have been too button-heavy) they built game around the system. Hopefully they do this with AC.

iceatcs

Stumpokapow said:
yeah the psp natively runs at 1024x576 :p
Well only PS2 PAL can do that height.

But these pictures have low-polygon model but with HQ resolution. Maybe just media pictures.

Top Bottom