• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London-Gaf meet up: Part IV, 1st December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at a bar in Shoreditch on Saturday night that played remixed versions of the cantina music from star wars all night. Basically.

It was so goddamn loud though. I'm well up for this meet up but hopefully the first place or two will have a bit of chat area - I don't wanna sound like grandad or anything, but I don't know any of you; if we hardly get a chance to talk, I may as well be there with strangers!

Mikeside

I was at a bar in Shoreditch on Saturday night that played remixed versions of the cantina music from star wars all night. Basically.

It was so goddamn loud though. I'm well up for this meet up but hopefully the first place or two will have a bit of chat area - I don't wanna sound like grandad or anything, but I don't know any of you; if we hardly get a chance to talk, I may as well be there with strangers!

Don't worry - I'm the same way. I want to natter until I'm drunk enough to sing like a fool.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess I need to brush up on my movie songs.

So we have Time of my life from Dirty Dancing.
Ghostbusters from Ghostbuster.
Various James Bond opening themes from various James Bond films
What a Feeling from Flashdance
Footloose from Footloose
The Pokémon Theme from Pokémon The Fist Movie

and so on.

I guess they'll play some non sing alongs like the Beverly Hills Cop theme.

Bazza

should probably let you peps know i am terrible with names, it usually takes 2-3 meeting before a name sticks in my head but i will try my best, hopefully meeting and saying hello before i get to drunk will help.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Right well this time I do have a vaild excuse, as the 1st and 2nd of December I have full-day rehearsals.

Meetup 5 though!... we'll see.

Mikeside

Cool. I think that's the same place that's started doing Gamerdisco once a month on a wednesday.

...and we're just hearing of this awesome sounding event NOW?!
C'mon people, keep us in the loop.

We should make badges. Badges are cool.

Not sure if you're serious, but I think we should do badges or stickers. Could be a giggle.
Especially if there's a forfeit for worst sticker/badge and it involves tequila or similar.

Right well this time I do have a vaild excuse, as the 1st and 2nd of December I have full-day rehearsals.

Meetup 5 though!... we'll see.

What if I'll only give you a CoH2 key AT the meetup?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I would really like to go i must say, whether i will have the funding will be questionable however are many people staying in hotels? if so where's the cheapest n' shit

Mikeside

I would really like to go i must say, whether i will have the funding will be questionable however are many people staying in hotels? if so where's the cheapest n' shit

I think we're probably just going to find somewhere that's open all night and have a nice little chill out until the early trains the next morning.

Rubbish King

I think we're probably just going to find somewhere that's open all night and have a nice little chill out until the early trains the next morning.

Sweet, well I'm apparently starting work next week but fuck knows, if it ever comes ill try to get time off.

Otherwise my parents might give me some cash for it.. Aww hell, sign me up for now then :D

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Lame excuse. Rehearsals don't go on that late do they?

Full day Saturday AND Sunday, in Newcastle :p

...and we're just hearing of this awesome sounding event NOW?!
C'mon people, keep us in the loop.

Not sure if you're serious, but I think we should do badges or stickers. Could be a giggle.
Especially if there's a forfeit for worst sticker/badge and it involves tequila or similar.

What if I'll only give you a CoH2 key AT the meetup?

Again, all good but It's an impossibility. I don't have the money anyway.

Rubbish King

So i got the job, the chances of me going have increased... now to attempt to book the holiday :D

so what's the average age of people going... any 18 year olds or am i going to be the youngest? :lol

J2d

Hey London gaf, arrived here today and was wondering if there's any chance for a meetup this weekend, Friday maybe. I'm residing in.. The pimlico area I guess, name of the place is shithotel, the tv loses connection, there's hair on the bedsheets and luckily I found the wifi password behind a drawer while looking for the remote, in other words I'm desperate to get out of this hell hole!

Mikeside

Hey London gaf, arrived here today and was wondering if there's any chance for a meetup this weekend, Friday maybe. I'm residing in.. The pimlico area I guess, name of the place is shithotel, the tv loses connection, there's hair on the bedsheets and luckily I found the wifi password behind a drawer while looking for the remote, in other words I'm desperate to get out of this hell hole!

Sorry, I'm not quite that close to London. You're more likely to find somebody to hang out with in the BritGAF thread

Rubbish King

Not sure if I'll make it so put me down as a maybe, gonna see if I can move some days off around, can't ask yet though as I've only just started, will post back in a few weeks.. Really wanna make it to this one!!

I wish I was a cool Londoner who knew what this meant :(

There's a very strict hierachy of scum in London, and typically everyone thinks that where they like is just the right level of snoot vs scum.

I live in Clerkenwell. It's nicer than Shoreditch, cooler than Camden, classier than Soho and cheaper than the West. It is just the right level of snoot vs scum.

Darren870

There's a very strict hierachy of scum in London, and typically everyone thinks that where they like is just the right level of snoot vs scum.

I live in Clerkenwell. It's nicer than Shoreditch, cooler than Camden, classier than Soho and cheaper than the West. It is just the right level of snoot vs scum.

Clerkenwall is cool and all, and so is Angel (around where I live). However, its pretty quiet on the weekends. Camden and Shoreditch are much better to keep the night lively.

Then again I guess Clerkenwall has fabric.

Tremas

Then again I guess Clerkenwall has fabric.

Not something that should be used in Clerkenwell's defense.

Back in the days of Turnmills, Clerkenwell was the place to be. It's a lovely area, but it could do with some livening up. Like Fitzrovia, it's central and chock full of hidden gems, but largely untouched by the masses who descend upon Soho/Shoreditch, and kind of bereft of a proper nightlife.

Darren870

Not something that should be used in Clerkenwell's defense.

Back in the days of Turnmills, Clerkenwell was the place to be. It's a lovely area, but it could do with some livening up. Like Fitzrovia, it's central and chock full of hidden gems, but largely untouched by the masses who descend upon Soho/Shoreditch, and kind of bereft of a proper nightlife.

Haha yea,

I just never would say lets go for a night out in Clerkenwall! Would say that for Shoreditch or Camden though.

Rubbish King

Work won't give me the time off, damn I was looking forward to it :( right, I declare I shall definitely attend the next one regardless of work, can't pull a sicky, busiest week and I'd get fired.. At least I got to look forward to this for a bit.. If somehow I can get up I will though gaf..

Peace out

Bazza

Work won't give me the time off, damn I was looking forward to it :( right, I declare I shall definitely attend the next one regardless of work, can't pull a sicky, busiest week and I'd get fired.. At least I got to look forward to this for a bit.. If somehow I can get up I will though gaf..

Peace out

As unfortunate as it is and how much i hate to say it, work is more important than a night out especially in this shithole of an economy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
As unfortunate as it is and how much i hate to say it, work is more important than a night out especially in this shithole of an economy.

Actually I disagree. You've got your whoooooooole life where you have to work, but only a limited amount of chances within that to go out and have fun. Fun is more important than work :p Work will always be there, but before you know it the fun will have passed you by...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom