• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London-Gaf meet up: Part IV, 1st December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Work won't give me the time off, damn I was looking forward to it :( right, I declare I shall definitely attend the next one regardless of work, can't pull a sicky, busiest week and I'd get fired.. At least I got to look forward to this for a bit.. If somehow I can get up I will though gaf..

Peace out

What are your work hours?

Bazza

Actually I disagree. You've got your whoooooooole life where you have to work, but only a limited amount of chances within that to go out and have fun. Fun is more important than work :p Work will always be there, but before you know it the fun will have passed you by...

don't get me wrong fun is massively important which is why even though im 27 in my head in still a kid :D I go out and enjoy myself at every opportunity but i need moneys to fund my adventures.

I agree that having fun is important, and work is just work, but one night out at the cost of your job? Not quite worth it.

Don't worry Tashbrooke, we'll see you at the next one.

Bazza

Definitely going now, booked a room about 2 mins down the road from the monarch. Not going would mean i would lose my money and i love money to much to waste it.

I massively over spent when i went to Tallinn at the start of the month by about £200 so i was already low on spending money this month, this night is gonna hurt the balance but im gonna fucking enjoy it.

The weather at the moment is miserable as hell so the potential for some awesome memory's (or flashbacks you get the next day when you get completely plastered and don't remember massive chunks) to get through to the next payday are vital.

Things like the Wii U will still be there Sunday this opportunity wont o_O

Glad you're looking forward to it Bazza! Hope everyone else is too. And I think BGBW may have been slightly not so serious.

We've only had 2 people pull out so far so I hope the rest of you on the list are still coming!

Stubo

So with less than a week to go, is anyone else going to pull out last minute?
:(

...so a bunch of uni friends I've not seen in quite some time have suggested meeting up this weekend. It's not confirmed yet, so I could still be good to go, but I'm not now 100%

I suck, I'm sorry.

Xun

I'll be going but I doubt it'll be a heavy one from me.

To be honest I'm saying this now, but it'll probably change come saturday.

scotcheggz

I might come up, I'm only down the road. I don't drink though, with normal life that doesn't bother me but for the GAF meet-ups it always seems like one of the main focuses is getting pissed, so I don't wanna be the special kid in the corner that no one knows and doesn't join in or anything.

I haven't been up to London in a couple of months though, so it's probably about time!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I might come up, I'm only down the road. I don't drink though, with normal life that doesn't bother me but for the GAF meet-ups it always seems like one of the main focuses is getting pissed, so I don't wanna be the special kid in the corner that no one knows and doesn't join in or anything.

I haven't been up to London in a couple of months though, so it's probably about time!

Not really. People may have a drink but no one's been completely plastered. So come on up!

Not really. People may have a drink but no one's been completely plastered. So come on up!

Really? REALLY?

To be fair most people don't get pissed. I'm not usually one of those people. But you need at least one drunk person to laugh at, right?

Shall I put you down as a maybe then scotcheggz?

Mikeside

I'm undecided on whether I'm going to get slightly drunk or incredibly drunk.
It'll definitely be one or the other.

scotcheggz

Oh cool, I'll more than likely pop up then, I'm only in Brighton. I don't have a problem with drinking or anything, just good to know I'm not going to be a plum with people I've never met haha.

Mikeside

Oh cool, I'll more than likely pop up then, I'm only in Brighton. I don't have a problem with drinking or anything, just good to know I'm not going to be a plum with people I've never met haha.

I wouldn't worry.
I'm just hoping I'm not the only person who is super awkward on the dancefloor.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah man you should come up! We can compare post rock bands like nerds :p

Mikeside

ha! Last train :p prob about 12ish I reckon

Bah! Such a shame there's not a train at about 2ish. I'd probably stay out until the first train in the AM but I'm being put off by how cold it is out this week. I might be on the midnight train home too. We shall see!

also, required listening before everyone comes:

http://parachuteforgordo.bandcamp.com/

so you can tell me how good it is :p

I've got a lot of time for Manta Ray. The other songs suffer because of how much I love that one. I usually listen to the whole EP once, then usually Manta Ray 2 or 3 more times afterwards :D

But this weekend I'm going to act like I hate it to keep you grounded :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Bah! Such a shame there's not a train at about 2ish. I'd probably stay out until the first train in the AM but I'm being put off by how cold it is out this week. I might be on the midnight train home too. We shall see!

I've got a lot of time for Manta Ray. The other songs suffer because of how much I love that one. I usually listen to the whole EP once, then usually Manta Ray 2 or 3 more times afterwards :D

But this weekend I'm going to act like I hate it to keep you grounded :p

Exactly my thinking. In summer maybe, but it's too cold to be out all night now. I'm a pussy.

And thanks for your comments, I love hearing about the music out in the world, it's very pleasing for me. It's been a crazy week, ego-wise.

Don't think I'll be able to make this one unfortunately. I've left one of my essays for Uni way too late (4,000 words by next Friday) and I haven't even started it yet :(

Aren't you? You must not have said you were deffo coming. Now added.

I'm just on my way to the tube station, should hopefully get there for 6.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Me and stubo are here now right by the entrance. Look for the Christmas jumper

Don't look for the jumper, 20 people wearin them turned up.
Look for us by the entrance only

Bazza

Running a bit late, on the train now. Should be near the 1st venue about 7. Anyone able to pm a mobile number I can ring if I can't locate the Christmas jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom