• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the thing about Mountain Lion being speedier is true. Lion has been awful for me, speed wise. Dumb question, but could filevault have anything to do with that? I just turned it off to prepare for upgrading and everything is a lot faster.

celebi23

Is it confirmed to release on Wednesday?
Well, Apple Stores are having overnights tonight & Apple's earning call is today. During the earning's call last year, Apple announced that Lion would be on sale the following day. So, it's looking pretty good that it's being released on Wednesday :D

cabottemp

Banned
Well, Apple Stores are having overnights tonight & Apple's earning call is today. During the earning's call last year, Apple announced that Lion would be on sale the following day. So, it's looking pretty good that it's being released on Wednesday :D

thanks for the info.

SCORE! (Crossing fingers for Wednesday release)

Celebi, put your Mountain Lion OT thread up now. Mountain Lion is 100% going to be release within a week (and most OTs go up a week prior) and as you said, it's likely to come out tomorrow.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
My Air gets here tomorrow morning, just in time I guess. :p

Do I need to do some kind of clean install of this update since I have a new macbook? New mac user here so I am not sure what this entails versus Windows updates.

kaskade

I just did a fresh install of Lion on my 09 MBP to prepare. It definitely made it a little more zippy. Hopefully Mountain Lion improves the speeds as well. What time was Lion released? Was it midnight or some other time? I can't remember.

NekoFever

I just did a fresh install of Lion on my 09 MBP to prepare. It definitely made it a little more zippy. Hopefully Mountain Lion improves the speeds as well. What time was Lion released? Was it midnight or some other time? I can't remember.
Looking at the 'Lion is out!' news stories from last year, it was early. The MacRumors one went up at 5:35am PDT.

Zapages

Excellent news. When are Apple likely to start shipping MacBooks pre-installed with Mountain Lion?

I wonder if my Mac Book Pro Retina will come pre-installed with it as my order is still being processed and won't receive it until August 10 to 16th???

kaskade

Looking at the 'Lion is out!' news stories from last year, it was early. The MacRumors one went up at 5:35am PDT.

Ok cool, I thought I remember it being some time in the morning. I just want to download it before work since my d/l speeds aren't so fast here.

Sec0nd

Do I lose my stuff if I install Mountain Lion? Sorry couldn't find it in the OT and I'm a complete Mac noob.

Ah crap, wrong thread...

crustikid

Hey. Anyone with ML and an Apple TV and a 5.1 system....can you run a test and let me know if Airplay Mirroring supports 5.1 audio out? I have been reading reports that say stereo out...but if it's 5.1, I would be all over that.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Last year, when Lion came out, Microsoft said that they would be adding Versions support to Mac Office 2011.

It's now 2012, Mountain Lion is out, and still no word. When are these assholes going to do what they said they would do?

Last year, when Lion came out, Microsoft said that they would be adding Versions support to Mac Office 2011.

It's now 2012, Mountain Lion is out, and still no word. When are these assholes going to do what they said they would do?

Those assholes did add fullscreen faster then the slow idiots of mozilla did for firefox. That is why i am using google chrome now and forever.

oatmeal

Banned
Man, what's up with battery life in Mountain Lion?

Seems like a huge issue.

I'm getting about an hour and a half from full charge on my 13" 2011. I got 6-8 hours on Snow Leopard, a little less in Lion, but since updating to ML...it's getting crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom