• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

roytheone

Day Three Categories:

1. Most Entertaining Game
2. Best Fake Roleclaim
3. Best Use of Power Role

1. Gafia, a bit biased here because that was the game I had the most fun in by far (not a knock to the other 3 games I was in, but there I either died very soon or was scum)

2. Blarg his crazy ass "best girl" thing from NX.

3. Rats of to ya his self protect in Gafia. If he didn't do that, the game would have gone COMPLETELY different.

happy halloween to you all, my lovely gafia peeps!

any of you got all dressed up for it this year?

( we don't celebrate halloween here in Australia :x )

Day Three Categories:

2. Best Fake Roleclaim

1. NX. It was such a perfect storm of GAFia's most ridiculous personalities.
2. Darryl in Animal Crossing. It didn't quite pan out in the end, but he put so much work into it and it made for an amazing finale.
3. ultron in Cthulhu. Not only did he get scum the first night, but killing Darryl gave us the clue we needed to realize there was a second Cult lurking around.

Sorian

Banned
Day Three Categories:

2. Best Fake Roleclaim

1. NX
2. Blarg's handkerchief lightning rod thing in NX
3. AbsoluteBro role cop in DR. He gave you guys everything you needed to win by clearing so many town members and getting the info to you.

SalvaPot

1. NX
2. Blarg's handkerchief lightning rod thing in NX
3. AbsoluteBro role cop in DR. He gave you guys everything you needed to win by clearing so many town members and getting the info to you.

Oh man I remember debunking the FUCK out of that lighting rod roleclaim.

1. NX, hands down. Everything was perfect about it.
2. I like mine on Election, because it let me play the whole game, so I´ll go with that.
3. AbsolutBro in DR was vital for the game, I´ll go as far as to say it all happened thanks to his role.

Game nominations: Harry Potter, Ye Old Standard Werewolf, Super Mario
Pronoun: He/him
Play-style: Any
Activity: Low
Time zone: US central time
Player Status: Technically returning. Season 3 Archer Mafia. I had to drop out due to forgetting to make posts for a number of days due to being busy with school. I'm still technically busy, but I do have a schedule worked out now.

Game nominations: Harry Potter, Ye Old Standard Werewolf, Super Mario
Pronoun: He/him
Play-style: Any
Activity: Low
Time zone: US central time
Player Status: Technically returning. Season 3 Archer Mafia. I had to drop out due to forgetting to make posts for a number of days due to being busy with school. I'm still technically busy, but I do have a schedule worked out now.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssss \o/

welcome back, possum ! :D

ANNOUNCING DAY THREE WINRARS!!!

2015 Most Entertaining Game:
  • Winner: NX (3 votes)
  • Runner Up: GAFIA Mafia (2 votes)

2015 Best Fake Roleclaim:
  • Winner: El Topo's Cate Archer (4 votes)
  • Runner Up: NX ! Blarg (2 votes)

2015 Best Use of Power Role:
  • Winner: Cthulhu!ultron87 (3 votes)
  • Runner Up: Danganronpa!AbsolutBro and Archer!Yeeny (2 votes)

grats winners!
goddamn i was robbed, i say >:C
i'll announce the next three categories soon :D

Day Four Categories~

1. Best Balanced Game
2. Best Mafia Player
3. Best Gambit

my noms:
1. cant choose between crab's first game and animal crossing >___< i'll go with crabbypants if i have to pick one :<
2. Darryl (he was amazing in AC and in NX) *_____* mah creampuff~
3. squidyj's gambit against haly in archer. he even botched it but it worked???!!!!!

How many more endless weeks before this gets going
Forever
or Infinity
*furiously plays Town of Salem until he becomes a history teacher*

How many more endless weeks before this gets going
Forever
or Infinity
*furiously plays Town of Salem until he becomes a history teacher*

... We just need 10 or so more sign-ups, really!

Go find us victims warm bodies :D

Also, why don't you join ONUW7? they only need one last person to play... I think.

Darryl

Banned
1. NX. It was such a perfect storm of GAFia's most ridiculous personalities.
2. Darryl in Animal Crossing. It didn't quite pan out in the end, but he put so much work into it and it made for an amazing finale.
3. ultron in Cthulhu. Not only did he get scum the first night, but killing Darryl gave us the clue we needed to realize there was a second Cult lurking around.

I was so into that fake role that I've even forgot it was fake

Day Four Categories~

1. Best Balanced Game
2. Best Mafia Player
3. Best Gambit

1. Animal Crossing
2. Raindoc! Awesome play, won a full length game here as mafia. Completely had town under control and could even afford to accidentally kill another mafia member with no real effects. I'd easily give this to Absolut too.
3. Squidy's in Archer, one of the few that have worked in Gafia without backfiring.

roytheone

Day Four Categories~

1. Best Balanced Game
2. Best Mafia Player
3. Best Gambit

1. NX, it was nicely balanced with roles and counter roles.
2. Raindoc. Winning a "normal" main season game as scum is still an unique accomplishment!
3. Squidyj fake cop claim in Archer, he completely bumbled his fake role claim, but somehow STILL made it work. Everyone in the dead thread was stunned by that.

*Splinter

1. Election
2. Splinter Swamped
3. My forced THUNDERDOME on last day of Election against the Blarg

I'm really just looking for the categories where I can vote for myself, if I'm honest.

Darklighter

Neo Member
Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): any
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): he
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): low
Timezone / location: PST
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): new

Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): any
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): he
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): low
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): new

awesome! welcome aboard!!!! <3

Swamped

Banned
1. Election
2. Splinter Swamped
3. My forced THUNDERDOME on last day of Election against the Blarg

I'm really just looking for the categories where I can vote for myself, if I'm honest.

I got you Splinter ;)

1. Ooo tough one. Both SW and AC get my vote.
2. Splinter, he is so convincing as a fake townie, and he masterminded the election mafia win
3. I'm going with AB claiming sleepwalker when he was actually cop in DR

Game nominations: Any except for Hogwarts
Pronoun: He
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Low
Returning Player or New: New

squidyj

Game nominations: Any except for Hogwarts
Pronoun: He
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Low
Returning Player or New: New

that's quite the username... have you met Big Boss?

that's quite the username... have you met Big Boss?

Just once that I remember, technically twice though. He punched me in the throat and then threw me to the ground in a hand to hand combat demonstration, it was such an honor.

Nobody use this against me later.

Or was this a reference to the MGS game, because I haven't read through that one.

needs 7 more sign ups and we're good to go :>

im thinking to set a tentative start date of Season 4 to be on 15 november, smack dab in the middle of the month. if everyone agrees, we can start the count down steps like so:

• 8 nov - PMs will be sent out to check READINESS for all who has signed up
  • 10 nov - tentative player rosters are published for the three games. swapping ok if player can find another player who wants to trade places from another game.
  • 12 nov - players are locked in. no more swapping places.
  • 13 nov - role PMs are sent.
  • 15 nov - Season 4 games officially begins.

gimme feedback/ comments/ opinions

yeeny the mafia elder god demands your inputs

RetroMG

I think it sounds good, I would only suggest that 48 hours might be a little short for trades, but that might be the point.

cabot

Are we doing the swapping rule based on experience?

for example, a veteran can't swap with a newbie.

Or is it irrelevant

if we can get to 80 faster, we can have more room for set up / swapping but as it is now i'm assigning tentative roster based on people's preferences so hopefully everyone will be put as they have indicated in their sign up forms

.... which should minimize the need for swapping places. but yeah good point, retro. i'll try to start the process on 7 nov, maybe :>

cabot, im assigning equal numbers of new comers and vets to each of the three games, so hopefully we will end up with balanced levels of experience throughout the three...

Ok ok that was a real mistake from me, sorry. I was Typing That up too fast and wrote Salva unstead of Sorian-san. It is Time to evolve and take you for what you are . A Great guy :) WHO also likes to post a lot :*

nin, are you co-moderating or are you playing?

if you are playing, we only need 6 more sign-ups

*pokes u*

nin1000

Banned
nin, are you co-moderating or are you playing?

if you are playing, we only need 6 more sign-ups

*pokes u*

Well i am in the 1st place Co-moderating, since i usually do not condone players doing 2 things at a time ( aka dancing at to parties ) i will only be moderating :(
But...but if we need players i would be more than happy to join a game. Since i would love to play and be part of a group. I let you guys decide what to do with me.

Well i am in the 1st place Co-moderating, since i usually do not condone players doing 2 things at a time ( aka dancing at to parties ) i will only be moderating :(
But...but if we need players i would be more than happy to join a game. Since i would love to play and be part of a group. I let you guys decide what to do with me.

that's ok, i thought you were co-moderating mainly too but i like to confirm instead of just writing you out based on my assumptions :)

im sure we can get 7 more people in 7 more days (or sooner!)... but i'll nudge you if we absolutely need a warm body to lynch :3

nin1000

Banned
that's ok, i thought you were co-moderating mainly too but i like to confirm instead of just writing you out based on my assumptions :)

im sure we can get 7 more people in 7 more days (or sooner!)... but i'll nudge you if we absolutely need a warm body to lynch :3

Exactly, so for now i wont be playing in Season 4 ! Sorry to dissapoint you Cabot but HP and salva will be needing my full support.

Top Bottom