• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Ourobolus

Banned
I dunno if we were still taking my priority calculation seriously or not, but I added it to the spreadsheet. Obviously not taking into account MGS or any replacements...

Code:
Player	Priority
Amir0x	0
Barrylocke	0
Duress	0
egruntz	0
ejawa	0
exmachina64	0
Foshy	0
freakzilla149	0
irfanaator	0
johnnyquicknives	0
MattyG	0
OceanicAir	0
pants	0
Raindoc	0
Razmos	0
Redhood56	0
Rembrandt	0
RobotNinjaHornets	0
Setre	0
StayDead	0
tomakasatnav	0
traube	0
Ward	0
franconp	1
goshujinsama	1
Hagi	1
kgtrep	2
Crab	3
CzarTim	4
Tucah	4
Visualante2	4
AbsolutBro	5
Neuromancer	5
TL21xx	5
Zubz	5
batsnacks	6
Karkador	6
Lord of Castamere	6
Haly	7
Never Forever	7
Pau	7
Rest	7
Ty4on	7
bananaspaceprincess	8
Flame_AC	8
Gorlak	8
Seath	8
ultron87	8
Mike_Hawk689	9
Zippedpinhead	9
Arkos	10
Christina Mackenzie	10
Droplet	10
Enker	10
EzekelRAGE	10
Hobohodo	10
Kristoffer	10
LaunchpadMcQ	10
Makai	10
Mazre	10
QuantumBro	10
Septimus Prime	10
StarSketch	10
TheGoddamn	10
TheWorthyEdge	10
YesNOnoNOYes	10
Sawneeks	11
Ourobolus	12
Coppanuva	13
Kalor	14
El Topo	15
kingkitty	15
Royal_Flush	15
ScraftyDevil	15
CornBurrito	16
Hyperactivity	16
RetroMG	16
nin1000	17
Rats Off To Ya	17
Terrabyte20xx	17
Timeaisis	17
Burbeting	18
Palmer_v1	18
Matt Attack	19
swamped	19
GreatCharleston	20
SalvaPot	20
Fireblend	21
Lone_Prodigy	21
Darryl	22
Blargonaut	23
*Splinter	24
roytheone	24
Sorian	26
squidyj	26
cabot	28

Karkador

Banned
In the last thread we were discussing how to assign players if we had more players than there were slots in games.

So a higher number is better, or worse? How is the priority calculated? Mafia threads are TL;DR
don't make my priority worse because I said that

Ourobolus

Banned
With the priority list, what is the magic number of recruits for three games? I'm just going to assume that we already hit two.

Depends on which games get picked. Each game will probably have roughly 20-26 people, so if we assume 3 games we'll need roughly 70 players, give or take.

So a higher number is better, or worse? How is the priority calculated? Mafia threads are TL;DR

The lower the number, the higher priority. Newbies are first, of course.

And basically, for each S3/3.5 game played, your points are (10-number of days played after you died). So Cthulhu ended on day 7, but if you died on day 3, you get 6 (10-4) points for that game.

Sorian

Banned

High number is lower priority. Basically, you get 10 points per game you participate in and then you subtract from that based on how long you lived in the game (subtract more for how early you died)

Ourobolus

Banned
This shit is crazy

Eh, I thought it was relatively simple. Needed some way to add granularity to people's priority, or else we'd just have a ton of people at the same priority level.

Though there are some unintentional hilarious side effects. Burb's played in 3 games but never made it past Day 2 in any of them, but he still ends up with 18 points.

Depends on which games get picked. Each game will probably have roughly 20-26 people, so if we assume 3 games we'll need roughly 70 players, give or take.

The lower the number, the higher priority. Newbies are first, of course.

And basically, for each S3/3.5 game played, your points are (10-number of days played after you died). So Cthulhu ended on day 7, but if you died on day 3, you get 6 (10-4) points for that game.

still doesn't take into account subbed in players though

Swamped

Banned
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to address that. Both the sheet and the priority.

I think someone in the thread said they should have one of the highest priorities (essentially newbies) because they helped out the community by subbing in. I think i agree with this. Eg Christina Mackenzie would be considered a "new player", or in the limbo between new and returning. Whereas Hyper will have slightly lower priority because even though he was a replacement in Chthulu, he has also participated in full in other games. So basically i personally wouldn't count the games the replacement players replaced in if that makes any sense.

Ourobolus

Banned
I think someone in the thread said they should have one of the highest priorities (essentially newbies) because they helped out the community by subbing in. I think i agree with this. Eg Christina Mackenzie would be considered a "new player", or in the limbo between new and returning. Whereas Hyper will have slightly lower priority because even though he was a replacement in Chthulu, he has also participated in full in other games. So basically i personally wouldn't count the games the replacement players replaced in if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I think for the most part them subbing in for small lengths in games shouldn't be much of a factor. But in the case of Hyper (or even myself, in AC where I subbed in D1), those would count.

Karkador

Banned
Someone should program a replacement player AI that automatically votes based on certain criteria and randomized robot personality types.

Palmer_v1

I already have the Blarg bot ready. I call him "Roberto."

tumblr_mq2uz9CmBs1qzjb28o1_500.png

Makes sense.

Timeaisis

Someone should program a replacement player AI that automatically votes based on certain criteria and randomized robot personality types.
Yeah.

Good argument, [PLAYERNAME]. I think you are on to something about [PLAYERNAME]. Although I'm willing to change my vote if [PLAYERNAME] provides a good argument.

VOTE: [PLAYERNAME]

Also, I'm going to be on a train for a few days.

Top Bottom