• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major developments and milestones since Final Fantasy Versus XIII was announced

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
* Wolverine was still Marvel's go-to guy to whore out at the time of the announcement, uncaring about the Murdoch empire handling his films. The Star Wars Expanded Universe was still a thing. Then the Disney empire happened to both.
* The rise of toys-to-life games.
-Michael Bay destroyed everybody's childhood with his "Transformers" series and producing the new TMNT movie.
To expand on that, beyond the Bayformers and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Shreks...

* TMNT got five new incarnations (The 2007 CGI film, the IDW comics, the Nick cartoon, Out of the Shadows and Teenage Mutant Ninja Shreks) and was sold off to Viacom in the interim between those two first mentioned incarnation
* Transformers got four new major universes (Bayformers, Animated, War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron and Prime/Rescue Bots/Robots in Disguise 2015). Also, the IDW G1 universe began one year before the announcement of of Versus XIII and is still running to this day.

Atram

in 2006 i haven´t met my wife, now she is pregnant and in January 2015 my Son will see the light of this World.

Will change the Pre-Order to his Name.

The scariest one is how every COD except the 1st two have been released since it's announcement.
How much money has Acti made from that series since 2006 compared to how much time and effort Squeenux has spent on FFXV?
What a mess.

The scariest one is how every COD except the 1st two have been released since it's announcement.
How much money has Acti made from that series since 2006 compared to how much time and effort Squeenux has spent on FFXV?
What a mess.
Well, at least Squeenux is making some money with CoD as a publisher!

CassSept

How much money has Acti made from that series since 2006 compared to how much time and effort Squeenux has spent on FFVersusXIII?
What a mess.

Fixed

Activision merged with Vivendi to form Activision-Blizzard in 2008, now add all the profits from WoW since 2008 and the entire lifespan of Starcraft II and Diablo III to COD profits.

Guardians of the Galaxy was just the name of some obscure group of heroes from the 80's. The team we know as the Guardians didn't form in the comics until 2008, and in 2014 a movie adaptation was released with Bradley Cooper as a talking raccoon and Vin Diesel as a sentient tree man.

Meia

Since I've been following manga and stuff for years, here's a fun one:

In One Piece, we had just learned of Robin's backstory in Enies Lobby. We've gotten two new crew members and they've released 320 chapters since then. This was almost the halfway point of what's been released(manga is up to chapter 752 now).

Philippo

The Witcher saga started in 2007 and will be completed (if we consider Geralt's story only) early next year.
Since then it went from unknown to one of the highest acclaimed RPG series.

As per Google, there are now 1 billion phones running some version of Android in 2014.

When Versus XIII was announced, Android OS was two years away from initial release.

Dunan

Hopefully this won't be true, but it might:

* Every single human being born in the 19th century -- and back in 2006 there were still thousands of people aged 106+ in the world -- will have passed away.

LOL! It looks like several people like my Curiosity rover comment. And like MetatronM said, it gets worse! The rover has been exploring AND doing all kinds of science experiments on Mars for TWO FRIGGIN YEARS!

I should note that the rover itself probably started early designs around 2004/2005 (rough artist sketches). Rigorous design work started around 2006 from my knowledge. Another thing to note is that Curiosity had probably around 6000-8000 people working on it throughout it's history. Square Enix probably has 200 people on FFXV. But still... the damn rover is at least several thousand times more complex than any videogame known to man!

All of the Avengers movies have been made and released.

The Curiosity rover's launch was delayed from 2008 to 2011 and still managed to land on Mars.

All of the Hobbit movies will have been made and released before all is said and done.

And Final Fantasy XV is still not out.

Go_Ly_Dow

Many things have changed in my life since I was 16 (now 24) but my want for this game has only gone up.

S-E plz.

I honestly don't know what on earth they've been playing at.

By the way, the fact that they made Versus a numbered title tells me that they weren't confident in brining out another Final Fantasy game in a reasonable time frame.

I don't know what takes them so long to make. I'd more than happily accept lesser graphics if it meant the games came out quicker. They are spending too much time making it look good and not really innovating anywhere else.

The FF model of development should be dead. Wise developers build a game, iterate and release sequels. The fact that FF is so sequel driven should lead them to doing this quicker.

Labadal

Square Enix have developed or published (including remasters) ~350 games since the announcement of Final Fantasy XV. By the looks of it, they will easily pass 400 games by the time FFXV gets released.

DJIzana

It amazes me that we got Xenoblade and not only that but an reveal trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles "X" and recently from E3, an actual floor demo and release window... meanwhile, at Square Enix, we've yet to see either from FFXV.

since it was announced Dragon Quest came back to Playstation
I'll assume it will release before 15 since we've seen about as much gameplay as 15 so far

darilaho

Banned
DAMN IT
LONGTIME23.gif

watershed

Banned
The funniest part about the new TGS trailer is that all we got in terms of release info is that it is IN DEVELOPMENT same as its been for 8 years now.

Since Versus XIII was released, I (and likely many others in this thread) started and graduated high school
and college
and one year of graduate school

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm kinda sad that it is coming out at the end of September. We could have added the election of a new president of the US to the list.

Ashtar

I'm kinda sad that it is coming out at the end of September. We could have added the election of a new president of the US to the list.
If the delay to November is true then there will have been 5 gears games released since this was first announced.
Incredible!

I was in elementary school when Final Fantasy Versus XIII was announced. Soon I'll be starting my third year of college and the game still isn't out.

Damn, this really has been a long time coming. Back in May 2006 I had just finished off my A Level exams and would be heading to Uni a few months later.

Since then I've graduated, worked in three jobs since and 'found my footing' career-wise. Just starting a professional qualification....and yet FF15 still isn't with us.

This is the same period of time for a child to complete their first decade of life on earth. Pretty much the Chinese Democracy of PS3/4...let's just hope it's received better.

Top Bottom