• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC 2 - Full races

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For new page,

hpuedi.gif

AdanVC

I see Bowser amiibo would be the new dry bowser racer.
What does the Megaman amiibo mean?

You can unlock a cute lil costume of Megaman for your Mii... and nothing else unfortunately :( I actually was expecting a Megaman based track on the new DLC but that certainly didn't happen haha.

Blues1990

You can unlock a cute lil costume of Megaman for your Mii... and nothing else unfortunately :( I actually was expecting a Megaman based track on the new DLC but that certainly didn't happen haha.

I honestly would love a playable Mega Man & the City Track taken from Battle & Chase, along with the Rush Roadstar being his main vehicle.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
8 new Mario Kart tracks is awesome, but it's the 200cc feature that makes it feel like a new game is coming. I love it :)

Mory Dunz

So much world building for a racing game. The gamexplain videos really point most of it out.

Anyway, some comment said the map from Super Bell Subway is the town seen in RR64.

ihTzDUzpzBTN5.png

Cool.
All the details make everything seem connected when it probably wasn't even neccessary for this type of racing game.

Reule

Sorry if it's been asked before but how does everything work if you've pre-ordered by purchasing the bundle? Will everything be unlocked after the update is downloaded and installed or will the DLC automatically download on it's own? How did it go with the last pack with the bundle?

We just bought the bundle last week and are really excited for the next pack. Still working on getting three stars on all the mirrored tracks. 200cc is going to be insane. I already feel awesome with 150cc on Mute City.

This is driving me insane but what does Cat Peach say sometimes when she loses? I couldn't understand her. It sounds like she says "Danke, strumpet..." but that can't be it. Anytime my girlfriend and I lose now we say it.

So much world building for a racing game. The gamexplain videos really point most of it out.

Anyway, some comment said the map from Super Bell Subway is the town seen in RR64.

ihTzDUzpzBTN5.png

Cool.
All the details make everything seem connected when it probably wasn't even neccessary for this type of racing game.

Why can't we have cities in the platforming Marios? :( It'd be so fun to explore that.
There's a city in super Mario sunshine.
I was thinking more along the lines of metropolitan cites, with skyscrapers and such, not Delfino Plaza, which is more like a village to be honest. I mean it's so weird, Sonic has always had big city based levels, but Mario seems to be afraid of it.

ihTzDUzpzBTN5.png

Cool.

Just popping in to say that Mario kart has always had an element of that. There have always been visible links between different tracks in the series (Daisy's cruise ship in DD! for example).

jariw

This is driving me insane but what does Cat Peach say sometimes when she loses? I couldn't understand her. It sounds like she says "Danke, strumpet..." but that can't be it. Anytime my girlfriend and I lose now we say it.

She says "Cat-astrophic" for failure and "Meow did it" for success.

Azure J

ihTzDUzpzBTN5.png

Cool.

....yoooooooo

I seriously want a Mario platformer in the vein of 64 using nothing but the backgrounds from Kart 8.

Mory Dunz

It is awesome, but still not as elaborate as how Double Dash handled it

https://youtu.be/PnRm-w4fikA

That's pretty cool. The tie into Sunshine is neat, and being able to see other levels too.

However, I still have to give the nod to MK8. Maybe because of better graphical prowress or just designers, there's no "empty" areas while racing. There's always something going on in the sides. It seems like you're just racing in an actual world or location instead of the race essentially being the location.

In terms of seeing other areas and tracks from an area, Double Dash might have it beat there in that regard.

EDIT:
For instance, after watching the Wild Woods video, it actually feels like a real village, or villages of shy guys and toads. Like there's something going on outside the race. That compared to something like Toad's Turnpike (it's had a revision but still) feels like it was constructed for the purpose of being a stage. It doesn't seem like the place could exist on its own. If you get what I mean.

In terms of seeing other areas and tracks from an area, Double Dash might have it beat there in that regard.

Oh, I agree visually MK8 wins hands-down. But in terms of creating a cohesive world geographically, only Double Dash has accomplished that.

As far as I know, you can't see a single racetrack from another in MK8. (And no, the Peach Statue in RR64 is not the same one as the one in Toad Harbor.)

Reule

She says "Cat-astrophic" for failure and "Meow did it" for success.
Haha, alright. Thanks. I have a penchant for mishearing things in Mario Kart it seems. I know he doesn't say it but I still hear "Sieg Heil!" when selecting Wario.

Mory Dunz

Oh, I agree visually MK8 wins hands-down. But in terms of creating a cohesive world geographically, only Double Dash has accomplished that.

As far as I know, you can't see a single racetrack from another in MK8. (And no, the Peach Statue in RR64 is not the same one as the one in Toad Harbor.)

It's not just visually I think. Graphical prowress might add in adding tiny details and moving parts everywhere on a course, but the designers still have to do it.

But in terms of a bigger geographical picture, DD wins there.

Baby Park 2.0 lets you view Haunted Mansion....and maybe something else. I'm not sure if any other tracks do.

EDIT:
Oh, Baby Park is a good example too. With the revision it actually seems like there is a real park outside of your race now. Again, this may helped by grahpic capability upgrades
Ribbon Road 2.0 is another example.

MrPanic

All signs point to no via the standard worldwide option. You'll have to do custom races but I'm not sure if that even gives you any points.
You could always search for a particular cc in ranked iirc so I'm sure you'll be able to choose 200cc.

edit: oh, that's what you meant with custom races. I'm pretty sure custom races are part of the ranking mode.

AdanVC

They should have done a midnight DLC release like they do on their games omg. Will try to stay awake when the DLC goes live to see the online rooms full of Isabelles haha.

RagnarokX

ihTzDUzpzBTN5.png

Cool.

Yes, and that town has the statue from Toad Harbor, even though it can't possibly be Toad Harbor since the statue is landlocked instead of in the ocean.

Top Bottom