• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC 2 - Full races

jariw

What if Diddy Kong Racing and F-Zero are going to be major Mario Kart expansions?

The F-Zero stages could just be testing the water to see how open their fan base is to a crossover racing game!

The F-Zero expansion could be Captain Falcon (and maybe other Nintendo space characters like Fox or samus) and friends, with new karts and tracks, and same with a Diddy Kong Racing style pack. F-Zero could all be antigravity where DKR tracks would focus on glider and underwater stuff.

That seems like the most logical reason why Captain Falcon still isn't a racer, and why Diddy is mysteriously absent. It's either that they both are getting new installments soon, or Nintendo is building up to have them be the frontrunners of dlc season 2

Not that rolling all the nintendo racing IP's into one is my first choice, but it'd be a hell of an answer to sonic and all stars racing!

Isn't the most common rumor why Diddy Kong is absent from both Mario Kart 7 and 8 that Monster Games has developed a Diddy Kong Racing 2 game for Wii U?

radcliff

Isn't the most common rumor why Diddy Kong is absent from both Mario Kart 7 and 8 that Monster Games has developed a Diddy Kong Racing 2 game for Wii U?

Monster games just completed Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and are a small team of about 25 people. I highly doubt they were developing a DKR for Wii U at the same time.

Pizza

I had read about that, but idk if those rumors still hold up, as the above poster said monster games did xenoblade 3ds so idk if they could also do dkr, unless it's all reused dkc and Mk8 assets. Idk though!

It's pretty suspect that link and isabelle isabelle are playable and have tracks and karts, but captain falcon has two tracks and a vehicle and a mii costume and isn't in, and diddy is just not mentioned!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
we have like 5-6 people playing right now so feel free to join neogaf room.

ibuBtU6Xlx8KeU.png

DLC IS MANDATORY TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT
DLC FRANTIC MODE
QUOTE TO SEE

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
What if Diddy Kong Racing and F-Zero are going to be major Mario Kart expansions?

The F-Zero stages could just be testing the water to see how open their fan base is to a crossover racing game!

A DLC would be too convoluted, but using the MK8 engine to develop a subscription based F-Zero could work. It just may be too late do attempt something like that on the Wii U.

Mory Dunz

As someone who's done some graphic design, the detail and logos have been amazing to me. They're just "fake" and basically throw away for this game, so it almost makes me jealous that the logos look this good. I know they're professionals but still. (I always hated making logos hah).

Too good. Too bad they'll be easy to miss though.
These are just a few just from Super Bell Subway:

Clean designs

EDIT:
Well I guess they're visible on this stage
ibbfJJllVBPKN5.png

sonto340

So fucking hype. Played some mk8 earlier tonight with the girlfriend to get warmed up for 200cc
Edit: I asked earlier but I might have missed the answer, is there going to be a new GAF OT for 200cc or are we just converting.

I know it's probably too much to expect this to be up at midnight, but are we expecting it soon after? I'll be studying into the wee hours of the night (morning) so it'd be rad to relax (lol) with some 200 cc races on these beautiful new tracks.

For those of us who had already purchased both packs, I forget how it worked with the first one. Did we get a code, or did the dlc just automatically download when it was available?

jariw

I know it's probably too much to expect this to be up at midnight, but are we expecting it soon after? I'll be studying into the wee hours of the night (morning) so it'd be rad to relax (lol) with some 200 cc races on these beautiful new tracks.

For those of us who had already purchased both packs, I forget how it worked with the first one. Did we get a code, or did the dlc just automatically download when it was available?

According to:
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-undergoing-maintenance-on-wednesday-prior-to-update/

Maintenance times are as follows:
NA (PST): April 23rd, 2015 — 12:50AM-2AM
NA (EST): April 23rd, 2015 — 3:50AM-5AM
UK (BST): April 23rd, 2015 — 8:50AM-10AM
EU (CEST): April 23rd, 2015 — 9:50AM-11AM
JP (JST): April 23rd, 2015 — 4:50PM-6PM

It will probably appear after the update.

Jebusman

Banned
As someone who's done some graphic design, the detail and logos have been amazing to me. They're just "fake" and basically throw away for this game, so it almost makes me jealous that the logos look this good. I know they're professionals but still. (I always hated making logos hah).

Too good. Too bad they'll be easy to miss though.
These are just a few just from Super Bell Subway:

Clean designs

EDIT:
Well I guess they're visible on this stage
ibbfJJllVBPKN5.png

The Mario Wiki has a pretty comprehensive gallery of the different sponsor pictures used over the years.

Mario Kart Sponsor Pictures

My personal favorites are still the N64 ones, that are just blatant copies of actual sponsor logos.

The F-Zero expansion could be Captain Falcon (and maybe other Nintendo space characters like Fox or samus) and friends, with new karts and tracks, and same with a Diddy Kong Racing style pack. F-Zero could all be antigravity where DKR tracks would focus on glider and underwater stuff.

That seems like the most logical reason why Captain Falcon still isn't a racer, and why Diddy is mysteriously absent. It's either that they both are getting new installments soon, or Nintendo is building up to have them be the frontrunners of dlc season 2

Not that rolling all the nintendo racing IP's into one is my first choice, but it'd be a hell of an answer to sonic and all stars racing!

with the success of MK 8 I wouldn't understand why they wouldn't try to make DK R a separate game. Even with half MK 8's sales it would be a great success. And F-Zero it's just on another level for me. I won't compare MK and F-Zero it's racing games ok but completely different games.

Now give me the DLC Nintendo. I want to go full speed MK !

Wait wait this comes out tomorrow? :eek: I thought the whole time it releases on Friday, this changes everything as I'll be busy on Friday but not tomorrow :D

Baleoce

Still no internet at my new place :S I wonder if you can tether a smartphone connection to the Wii U? I need this update xD

According to:
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-undergoing-maintenance-on-wednesday-prior-to-update/

Maintenance times are as follows:
NA (PST): April 23rd, 2015 — 12:50AM-2AM
NA (EST): April 23rd, 2015 — 3:50AM-5AM
UK (BST): April 23rd, 2015 — 8:50AM-10AM
EU (CEST): April 23rd, 2015 — 9:50AM-11AM
JP (JST): April 23rd, 2015 — 4:50PM-6PM

It will probably appear after the update.

Thanks!

So will it just start downloading when it's ready orrrrrr (I got both packs when they launched)

Irminsul

If I'm remembering correctly, DLC isn't auto-downloaded like updates are, right? Would be great to come back from work tomorrow with the new stuff already there...

If I'm remembering correctly, DLC isn't auto-downloaded like updates are, right? Would be great to come back from work tomorrow with the new stuff already there...

iirc, the first one did for me. I definitely didn't have to go download it from the shop or whatever. I can't remember if I had to start the game first to get it started though.. hmm.

Top Bottom