• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The new characters will most likely have new soundwork right? Can't wait to hear Peach meow when boosting off ramps.

I'm (very pleasantly) surprised they're going with this price. Like I said before, I expected $14.99 per pack. But in reality, we can get both for less than that!

Ultimately, this is fantastic since more people will buy the DLC, which means the online playing field will be less fragmented.

I expect the attach rate to be insane. This is the hardest of the Nintendo hardcore and this is one of their biggest titles. I wouldn't be shocked if near 70 percent of Mario Kart owners bought the DLC. I just expect an absurd number.

ffdgh

Is that purple Yoshi way in the back, or is it dark blue Yoshi? I really hope it's purple Yoshi cause that's my favorite one.

It will be fun to race as black Shy Guy while pretending that I'm really racing as Anti Guy.

looks like dark blue.

Shinta

Banned
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to shit my pants.

Triforce Cup, playable Link, HD F-Zero stages!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

holy-rollins.gif

... and even the pricing is fair and reasonable. Nintendo is amazing.

Zubz

Banned
The fact that Link & Isabelle are in a Mario Kart title before Mona, Jimmy, or Dr. Crygor kills me inside...

Will reluctantly get for Excitebike track alone.

Yeah, I'm still hopping on this, but we really needed some Wario love in these games... and the classic characters who were cut to fit all 7 Koopalings and all 5 Babies. Seriously, been waiting for Mona since I saw that MKWii'd have bikes. Hopefully they do quick-but-effective/necessary Mario character DLC in-between these larger vehicle & stage packs.

Room for one more in the Angry Dome?

Absolutely incredibly DLC, especially for only twelve bucks. I... really hope there's more, haha.

Makes me really want Smash Bros. DLC, too. I can't wait to see what crazy, well-priced stuff they come up with.

Yeah, I'm still hopping on this, but we really needed some Wario love in these games... and the classic characters who were cut to fit all 7 Koopalings and all 5 Babies. Seriously, been waiting for Mona since I saw that MKWii'd have bikes. Hopefully they do quick-but-effective/necessary Mario character DLC in-between these larger vehicle & stage packs.

The EAD bias is real.

RagnarokX

The babies, yeah, but quit dissing the Koopalings. They're classic awesome characters. It's about time they got represented in a spinoff game.

Yeah, I'm still hopping on this, but we really needed some Wario love in these games... and the classic characters who were cut to fit all 7 Koopalings and all 5 Babies. Seriously, been waiting for Mona since I saw that MKWiiMm'd have bikes. Hopefully they do quick-but-effective/necessary Mario character DLC in-between these larger vehicle & stage packs.

Dreaming of a wario-themed battle mode expansion pack....who better to headline the mode about beating people up than the Mario universe's number one douche?
Could even do a battle "grand prix" where you play a gauntlet of arenas for practice.

Drago

Is that purple Yoshi way in the back, or is it dark blue Yoshi? I really hope it's purple Yoshi cause that's my favorite one.

It will be fun to race as black Shy Guy while pretending that I'm really racing as Anti Guy.
Zooming in and it's probably purple Yoshi. The color, although blurry, looks very similar to the purple Yoshi in the crowd. Maybe my eyes are messed up though :p

HUELEN10

Probably won't be up until noon, when the shop normally updates. Nintendo does midnight updates only when a new game of theirs comes out.
Could have sworn Pikmin DLC came out Midnight Eastern.

So 12 hours from now? Wanted to get this over with, but I guess waiting wouldn't be too hard.

LiK

2GB? need to check if my internal storage still holds up. sould be plenty since i only bought a few VC games on Wii U

HUELEN10

wow.

where's all the people that kept bitching that Link wouldn't fit in Mario Kart?
He doesn't fit in Mario Kart. Just because he's there, doesn't mean he fits. Heck, Toon Link would not fit a little less, so I am surprised that the kid isn't behind the wheel.

Shinta

Banned
the update to allow us to pre-order these tracks and unlock the 8 new yoshi and shy guy colors, plus the benz can come out as soon as midnight PST.

ahh, okay. Yeah, I'm pre-ordering this instantly.

The more I think of it, this is probably the best DLC ever made, in the history of gaming.

* 6 playable characters, including Link
* 8 new tracks, including Zelda tracks, and F-Zero, and Animal Crossing
* new vehicles
* new colors for existing characters

all for less than $1 a track. That is just legendary. I don't think anything like this has ever been done this well, for this price.

HUELEN10

ahh, okay. Yeah, I'm pre-ordering this instantly.

The more I think of it, this is probably the best DLC ever made, in the history of gaming.

* 6 playable characters, including Link
* 8 new tracks, including Zelda tracks, and F-Zero, and Animal Crossing
* new vehicles
* new colors for existing characters

all for less than $1 a track. That is just legendary. I don't think anything like this has ever been done this well, for this price.
If it doesn't beat it, I think The New Super Luigi U Expansion Pak for NSMBU makes a damned close second!

AdanVC

Have they said anything regarding online play? that would be my main reason for purchasing

That probably would be addressed in an upcoming Nintendo Direct or something. They really need to do one soon There's so much stuff they need to announce like, the Smash roster and final details for the 3DS game, exact release dates for their Holiday line-up, this MK8 DLC and hoping to see some footage of the new tracks, especially the F-Zero track hnnngh! And stuff like that.

As someone who's very sparsely been into DLC last gen and will continue it this gen, feels like I have to support this. If DLC is going to be the norm, the one(s) that over-delivers like Nintendo deserve it straight-up.

I have MK8 and I'd ultimately prefer a GOTY edition with everything on disc next year. I hope they will release one, but I will support this. Soon. Maybe today.

Top Bottom