• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

Is anyone thinking that this means Smash near certainly won't be November?

HW- September
Bayonetta 2 - October
MK DLC and possibly Captain Toad for US ? - November
Smash - December?

kiri

I have been so impressed with this campaign that I bought them both separately to give them that extra bit of money.

Over here in Japan its 1200yen for both or 800yen each.

I wonder what happened to the other 3 icons

DLCAllCups.png

Only the egg made it into the DLC.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Pre-ordered. Love the light blue Yoshi.

Is anyone thinking that this means Smash near certainly won't be November?

HW- September
Bayonetta 2 - October
MK DLC and possibly Captain Toad for US ? - November
Smash - December?

How would that fit with Captain Toad being January 2015 in Europe. Do you really think Nintendo would miss November in US with SSB? Why are some people seeing negatives even in the positive news?

My bet is that this is November to double down on SSB and have a focused marketing for holidays. Is practically SSB and MK8 re-launched to push the Wii U through the holidays.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Maybe this has been discussed before but... I find it very stupid and 'desperate' that they add link and animal crossing into the mario kart universe.. I dunno maybe I'm oldschool bit seeing Link in there doesn't make much sense..

Because a gorilla driving a kart sure makes sense.

Accept it. Embrace it. Nintendo.

Percy

Banned
For years... years... we've wanted non-Mario characters in MK and when it finally happens it's in paid DLC form?

I am really not sure how I feel about this.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
For years... years... we've wanted non-Mario characters in MK and when it finally happens it's in paid DLC form?

They gave us 50% more game for $12. What other company does that with a flagship title?

This is incredible and exactly what I've been hoping Nintendo would do with Mario Kart 8.

That said, I'd much rather have Kirby X Mario Kart 8 over Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8, because it's absolutely criminal that Kirby on a Warp Star is not the first non-Mario character to debut in Mario Kart. But hey, beggars can't be choosers!

Pack 1 + 2 bundle sold for me.

ffdgh

12 bucks for 16 tracks, 6...well 4 new characters, and an added bonus of 8 new color choices for yoshi and Shyguy that can be used immediately.

C'mon have a little joy!

Well if we've wanted them for years then surely Nintendo has an obligation to give them to us right? Wrong, be happy that they're here at all, be even happier that the DLC is as cheap as it is.

Preordering this when I get home today. Easily the best value DLC I've ever seen. Hopefully we'll get some previews of the tracks soon, I'd really like to take a look.

"We"? I'd be devo if they cut Mario Kart on the next home console for Smash Kart. MK has always been a celebration of the Mario universe - why wouldn't you want a separate, non-kart racing game for Nintendo all-stars?

Yesterday I was excited, today I'm ecstatic. 50% more game for $12 is an incredibly value when you consider many companies would box that up as a completely 'new' release, add in some filler, then call that a sequel.

Just bought it. 12 euros is an amazing price. Thats what I paid the other day for a shitty dinner (theyve taken out all the cool things I loved from it and made it more expensive, im not returning ever to that place) at Foster's Hollywood.

They gave us 50% more game for $12. What other company does that with a flagship title?

It's offcial, people will even bitch when somone founds the ultimate cure to cancer.
Some of you, no words....

EDIT: quoting fail.

So you would have been ok with that game being release in May 2015 instead of May 2014? I'm not sure a lot of people would.

No, I would have been ok with just 32 tracks like we got, but changing one of the old cups for a new "other franchises" cup with those Zelda, F-Zero, Animal Crossing and Excitebike tracks.

They wouldn't need to delay anything, it would be the same amout of work.

So I'm figuring the Triforce cup and Leaf cup will be focused on their respective franchises while the Egg Cup and Bell Cup will be retro courses.

But where does that bring in F-zero and Excitebike courses to?

No, I would have been ok with just 32 tracks like we got, but changing one of the old cups for a new "other franchises" cup with that Zelda, F-Zero, Animal Crossing and Excitebike tracks.

They wouldn't need to delay anything, it would be the same amout of work.

Do you understand this is MARIO Kart and this is only optional content?

There are even people here that are saying its cool becuase its a special thing, but they still want Mario kart to be Mario Kart.

I wouldnt mind seeing this more in future installments, but I would not bitch if it doesnt happen again becuase I still understand Mario kart is not super smash.

So I'm figuring the Triforce cup and Leaf cup will be focused on their respective franchises while the Egg Cup and Bell Cup will be retro courses.

But where does that bring in F-zero and Excitebike courses to?

Mute City and the Excitebike tracks will likely be in the Zelda cup. 4 Zelda tracks and 4 Animal Crossing tracks are overkill.

DLC seems to me to be the perfect place for "non-mario" content in mario kart. This doesn't delude the main game any, and gives people who want that extra zanyness to be able to get it on their own dime.

Yeah, serously. I would feel a bit better if it was 14,99 at least...

19,99 would have been the best price, though.

It's official! Too much value!

Top Bottom