• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Wallach

I prefer my comic book heroes to be bright and vibrant. I don't like this new subdued lighting system that makes colors darker.

To be honest I don't think that screenshot is all that representative of the changes. I don't know why there's a huge light source in one image and not the other, but I didn't really see anything like that when we were checking out costume changes on TC. Mostly all that I could tell being different were the specular maps being more differentiated based on texture (like metal being shinier compared to cloth or leather).

Vecks

ryci.png

I like the darker look honestly... but I don't know if I can accept the sacrifice of the bellybutton.

Anyway, I recently found a Goliath Serum unique for Hawkeye. First unique I've found that comes with it's own visual effect (growth). Just thought that was interesting.

JambiBum

So I played a lot during the early stages of the beta and came back in recently. I really like all of the changes that they have implemented but I have some questions that I want to ask you guys who have been playing a while.

Is there a way to get more than one splinter to drop at a time? I see people talking about having lots of splinters but I only ever get drops of a single splinter. (My main is 27 if that matters)

Also, where do you get the cube shards from? I think I missed this somewhere.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is there a way to get more than one splinter to drop at a time? I see people talking about having lots of splinters but I only ever get drops of a single splinter. (My main is 27 if that matters)
splinters drop at a 10-ish/hour rate. It is set by RNG-ish, can be upped with SIF, but is also floor capped for like 8 minutes (i.e. you WILL get a splinter at least every 8 minutes). There are 10-pack splinter drops which are uber-rare drops. I have around 130 hours in and have never seen one.

Also, where do you get the cube shards from? I think I missed this somewhere.
terminals. 9 terminals for each color. terminals are on a 20 hour reset. So you can get 18 cube shards every 20 hours. cosmic terminals will NOT give out cube shards.

edit - it should go without saying, but terminals will only drop cube shards if they are level appropriate. so make sure your mobs are showing up green or orange if you want to get a cube shard. or look at the level requirements of that tier terminal.

Wallach

There's actually 11 terminals per tier now, but yeah. The new Cosmic tier of terminals won't drop Cube Shards but green and red will.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
There is a NeoGAF Supergroup. It is called NeoGAF. I don't know who handles the invites, however. But if you post your in-game id someone will take care of you probably maybe.

If the servers EVER COME BACK UP.

I just did an audible FINALLY after reading about auto-relic stacking becoming a thing. I actually stopped picking up relics just for this fact alone. I don't even pick up the ones I'm using if it's not for that specific character. Not only should they be auto-stacking in the inventory but they should also auto-stack in the stash. Ideally, you pick up a relic and it automatically goes to your stash stack but I don't know if that's technically feasible, so just having them stack in your inv would be great.

Also, this downtime is brutal knowing all the new hotness the patch is bringing. :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
From the AMA, since we recently talked about the state of the game:

"Active players have been growing fairly aggressively since the Thor movie. We are slowly starting the market the game more and more as more of the features we want get into the game. "

Great news and well-deserved. They got a ton of flak around release, deservedly, but I'd have no qualms recommending the game at this point.

From the AMA, since we recently talked about the state of the game:

"Active players have been growing fairly aggressively since the Thor movie. We are slowly starting the market the game more and more as more of the features we want get into the game. "

Great news and well-deserved. They got a ton of flak around release, deservedly, but I'd have no qualms recommending the game at this point.
No hyperbole here when I it's been one of, if not the best, turnarounds in the history of gaming.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
No hyperbole here when I it's been one of, if not the best, turnarounds in the history of gaming.

It really has, and that is while the game has been actively playable online for all this time, unlike say FF14. It continues to amaze me how quickly and effectively those guys can iterate when they want to. Not to beat a dead horse, but Blizzard hasn't addressed half of the complaints about Diablo 3, which are on a much smaller scale, in like 2 years. Instead they're putting those in an ex-pack. Boo.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
theres new buffs in shop on test center theres a thread on forums about it with a pentarush

does xp,rare,special,credit and orb attraction

sweetfx doesnt work from me with client from website but does with steam version

It really has, and that is while the game has been actively playable online for all this time, unlike say FF14. It continues to amaze me how quickly and effectively those guys can iterate when they want to. Not to beat a dead horse, but Blizzard hasn't addressed half of the complaints about Diablo 3, which are on a much smaller scale, in like 2 years. Instead they're putting those in an ex-pack. Boo.

I get the feeling that Blizzard's developers feel constrained by company process or policy or management or something whereas they just seem to do whatever the hell they want in MH.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
There is a small bug with one of the character loading tools that could be dangerous if left up, so we are going to keep the servers down to make sure it's 100% fixed.

We'll give you an update in about 30 minutes to let you know ETA.

I know it sucks, but it's better to be safe then sorry when it comes to data.

doomsaw posted that just now

Ploid 3.0

I should go ahead and download that Hearthstone beta. I didn't want to spend 1 gig download bandwidth on it since I did the update for this game already.

Vecks

I should go ahead and download that Hearthstone beta. I didn't want to spend 1 gig download bandwidth on it since I did the update for this game already.

Wow, I didn't even realize Hearthstone went open. It just felt like it'd be closed beta forever.

Xevren

Downtime extended to 9pm Pacific Time, raising rarity, special item find and experience to 200% for the weekend to compensate.

inky

9 PST? Fuck that.

Well, at least I now will be able to use all those shitty potions I got from my AP fortune cards. I might even get a unique or unstable molecule for the 24 of 'em!

Edit: well crap, that Wolverine is looking pretty damn cool. Definitely looking forward to that one.

Top Bottom