• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Power leveling like mad this weekend. I was out last night and still managed to get Iron Man, Cyclops, Jean, Colossus all from mid-50s to 60 in a few short hours. Leveled Hawkeye to 20, not crazy about him but he has a lot of viable tools, I don't feel like I'm spamming, which is nice. Fell in love with Iron Man all over again too, I'm gonna put some time into him, probably.

How's the loot for you guys this weekend, anything crazy? So far just found 1 unique, and I've had a collector's bounty running for like 6 hours. it was a dupe Storm unique while playing as Hawkeye, kind of a bummer. Are X-def/Cosmic terminals worth doing now?

inky

I've found about 4-5 uniques (only 1 new for Thor, the other were IM/Loki repeats), same # of cosmic items (mostly bad stats-wise), couple of unstable molecules, about 5 fortune cards and a few medallions (non-cosmic).

I haven't had much luck doing cosmic terminals either (just a lot of epics and flags) and that is where I pop as many pots/bars, etc as I can. I've had much better drops just doing the legendary quests and leveling up normally.

cosmic, cosmic, cosmic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Power leveling like mad this weekend. I was out last night and still managed to get Iron Man, Cyclops, Jean, Colossus all from mid-50s to 60 in a few short hours. Leveled Hawkeye to 20, not crazy about him but he has a lot of viable tools, I don't feel like I'm spamming, which is nice. Fell in love with Iron Man all over again too, I'm gonna put some time into him, probably.

How's the loot for you guys this weekend, anything crazy? So far just found 1 unique, and I've had a collector's bounty running for like 6 hours. it was a dupe Storm unique while playing as Hawkeye, kind of a bummer. Are X-def/Cosmic terminals worth doing now?

only 1 unique for Colossus (on Colossus). Just got Squirrel Girl to 60, my fourth, struggling to finish the story mode with her for the bonuses tho (especially because she is in the lower end of characters Ill play at 60)

In fact, starting to feel the old burn coming on again like I did a couple of weeks ago (was a false alarm last time), so its time for a break I think, I played too much yesterday lol. Its a shame to waste the xp weekend but I think its better to take a break and not burn out than force it just because theres the buff.

The more you know!
Apparently they are redoing his uppercut power with a new animation. Makes me happy that they continue working on heroes even after their review.

One of my biggest fears when this game launched was that they would just leave the old heroes behind when releasing new ones, but so far I've been pleasantly suprised to found out it's the opposite!

They are still working on him because he was kind of broken by the DPS update and the colossal dodge nerf. People are complaining and, because he's a premium 1350G hero, they prioritize him even though there are other heroes in worse places than SM.

Xevren

I've been having real crappy luck with loot. Been wanting to get uniques for Hawkeye and the only one that's dropped was for someone else.

has anyone here done prestiege yet. I heard that you can donate those expensive pets u can buy when u prestiege to level up the crafters. I was wondering if anyone has done that yet or not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Favorite heroes from what Ive played (and their levels)

1 - Ms Marvel 60
2 - Hulk 30
3 - Emma 60
4 - Colossus 30
5 - Cyclops 60
6 - Rocket 44
7 - Hawkeye 31
8 - Squirrel Girl 60
9 - Scarlet Witch 32 (shes only last because honestly I dont remember her at all except for her giant aoe, havent touched her since coming back to the game)

of these, I can only see myself playing Ms Marvel, Emma, Hulk or Colossus at 60. for now of course

Wallach

has anyone here done prestiege yet. I heard that you can donate those expensive pets u can buy when u prestiege to level up the crafters. I was wondering if anyone has done that yet or not.

You can, but the only real advantage is saving time donating once instead of a lot of times. In terms of credits spent it isn't any better than donating medkits.

I spent just over ! million today, building 2 Cosmic items for Colossus.
Even though I am now broke, I really like how the game consistently makes collecting money worthwhile.
A few months ago, I sat on 2 million dollars, for the longest time, because I had nothing to spend it on.

Blank!

I've found about 4-5 uniques (only 1 new for Thor, the other were IM/Loki repeats), same # of cosmic items (mostly bad stats-wise), couple of unstable molecules, about 5 fortune cards and a few medallions (non-cosmic).

I haven't had much luck doing cosmic terminals either (just a lot of epics and flags) and that is where I pop as many pots/bars, etc as I can. I've had much better drops just doing the legendary quests and leveling up normally.

cosmic, cosmic, cosmic.

All uniques I've found have been duplicates... and then there was the dreaded unique for a character that I don't own... (black panther)... that I already had one of (boots)... that had WORSE rolls than the first one I got...

Cosmic terminals have been a bust so far. Ran cosmic doom a couple of times and got shit. Also managed to die once but respawned while he died so I didn't get any loot. I have gotten a decent amount of cosmic medallions but of course, I don't have enough 60's to USE all these medals so....

Wait, you are making La Mulana 2? =D Gaddam! Good luck!

Yup! Kickstarter is going right now so I have been over here helping the team with PR and stuff.

I wonder if I can get windows loaded on my steambox I got from the developer day event.
I need my Marvel Heroes fix!
I bought gambit right before I left Japan and barely got to play him.

Lord Phol

They are still working on him because he was kind of broken by the DPS update and the colossal dodge nerf. People are complaining and, because he's a premium 1350G hero, they prioritize him even though there are other heroes in worse places than SM.

Well everyone is getting their lvl52 review in due time, and as long as they keep improving the heroes with each patch I'm happy. Why this particular case caught my interest is because they are basically giving him a whole new power, which usually means a lot of extra work. So it shows that they care about fixing/improving stuff too and not just releasing new content. Visuals and animations play a big part in how much I enjoy a hero, so stuff like this is always a good thing in my book. Unless they somehow make it look worse of course.

KePoW

Banned

Wow I'd also like to know if this is true.

(edit) - Wallach already answered, thanks

GManDH

you get special pets for prestigeing? or ur saying the pets that are in that same area as the prestige item?

Guys, going to start playing. What character is the most fun to play now? Stuck between Colossus and Cap right now....I've played Hawkeye before and didn't like him much.

Rhaknar

do size increase artifacts stack (the size increase visual I mean), im seeing some way too big hulks around, doesnt look like just 1 size increase

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i posted this on marvel forums but i wanted gafs opinion aswell

to quote the patch from jan 3rd

Added correct tags to Kinetic Repulsion to take into account the minor CC effect (reduces base damage slightly).

this means they reviewed the tags of this skill and they have now said in last patch it had a bug where it was linking wrong and doing more dmg. i find this highly weird and doubt it was a bug considering a couple of weeks before this recent patch they were just tweaking this skill and making sure it had correct tags.

theres somethings im finding hard to believe are bugs and are just using that as an excuse to nerf certain things. i dont even use cable but i find this note highly weird

KePoW

Banned
i posted this on marvel forums but i wanted gafs opinion aswell

to quote the patch from jan 3rd

this means they reviewed the tags of this skill and they have now said in last patch it had a bug where it was linking wrong and doing more dmg. i find this highly weird and doubt it was a bug considering a couple of weeks before this recent patch they were just tweaking this skill and making sure it had correct tags.

theres somethings im finding hard to believe are bugs and are just using that as an excuse to nerf certain things. i dont even use cable but i find this note highly weird

IMO it's just semantics. Bottom line is that Kinetic Repulsion was way overpowered and needed to be nerfed.

Doesn't matter what words they used, it was the right decision to decrease the damage.

inky

Guys, going to start playing. What character is the most fun to play now? Stuck between Colossus and Cap right now....I've played Hawkeye before and didn't like him much.

Well, I only looked at Colossus on the TC, so I'll let someone else tell you about him, but I'm liking Cap.

You can go for attack speed and/or crit (crit is a very popular stat nowadays in the game) as he has a couple of good synergies for either. He has surprisingly good damage dealing tools on top of passives, auras and regular powers. He has at least 2 good AoE's now in his shield tree, which he lacked before. He is also good on a party due to his auras and effects, and his mobility is great with a dash, a roll and a jump.

I'm finding him a bit less durable than I thought, but I'm leveling so fast with the boosts going on right now, that a big factor is that I'm simply very behind on a few gear slots, and I've been focusing on damage abilities and neglecting his +DEF and Block ones. He has good 1 point wonders too, like a CC break, which is almost necessary on everyone now. His new ultimate is super bad-ass as well.

Honestly, even though his playstyle may not change that much between builds, there is probably no wrong way to build him that I can see. Almost all of his abilities seem competitive and many play well off one another. The effects tied to his powers and auras make him very versatile when it comes to picking a build you like: he has offensive and defensive options, he has a few ways to gain spirit back, you can make him very 1-target focused or mainly an AoE machine, or a mix of both, etc.

I'm enjoying playing with him now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
JUST got Cap up from 50 to 60, was fun. I decided to gear fully for dodge, as he has quite a bit of innate defense if you max his passives and get good gear. So I've got Adv Starstone, Pym's Shrink, Fearsome Fist and Adv Vita Ray, the idea being that I'll dodge a lot, get a lot of spirit and activate more crit chance and restore health semi-frequently. He still dishes out high damage, just wouldn't recommend soloing cosmic terminals with him. Power Cosmic is just a huge asshole for melees. Other than that, not really lacking in damage. Using a build without shield bounce for a change, liking it other than the fact that Airborne Assault is buggy as HELL. We're talking like <50% proper activation rate. When it hits though, it hits like a truck, brutals over 250k.

Colossus is also a fun tanky dude, you can build him for damage, or survivability, or summons (Wolverine/Magik) or a mix of those. I'm going max summon on him, with both regular and Advanced Wundagore and a Sinister medal. I have 3 of his uniques, they give a ton of health and he can still dish it out pretty well too, and the summons add a lot of damage, I'm only without them for like 6 seconds. Plus Wolverine adds a really nice crit/brutal rating aura, so he's adding to my DPS too. He's slow as molasses but there are ways around that (snakeroot relic, artifacts, boots with movement speed).

Rhaknar

after my second false alarm with being burned out this morning, I can only recomend to people (well, people with a few heroes that is, if you only have 1 this is useless for you) play something they like, dont level something up youre not enjoying just because you want to take it to 60 or something.

Squirrel Girl was really bumming me out, once the squirrels novelty wears off, she just isnt fun to play in my opinion. Now that im back on Colossus Im having a blast again (or was until I got hit with the infinite loading screen bug, and this time restarting the game isnt working, and alot more people seem affected acording to the forums), so yeah, I know its common sense, but play shit you enjoy :p

inky

Squirrel Girl is just not fun to play. I burned out with her very quickly too. I played her before they added the Accorn attack, or whatever it's called, but I doubt she's improved much. Even her cute aviator outfit couldn't do it for me =(

I honestly think they made Squirrel Girl worse than she was at release. The redistribution of her damage amongst her powers and things like turning Sic 'Em and her signature into jokes certainly don't help matters either. I can't find any way to enjoy her anymore, and I've tried loads of builds.

Ploid 3.0

Come on, one costume must drop before the bonus rarity is gone.

Can they drop below level 60 content? That could be my problem.

Rhaknar

Glad (well not glad, sucks for SG heh) that Im not the only one. I was actually having fun with her up to high 40s/early 50s, then the slog to 60 even with the buff killed her for me. The damage isnt there, the squirrels barelly do any dmg even with a bunch of artifacts buffing them, shes too fragile (I died more on SH loki on her than any character, also, fuck that fight), and like I said, once the novelty of a million squirrels with you wears off, she has little else. Also her roll is shit, and movement skills are important to me in the game (which is hilarious because I didnt even use them back on release lol)

Speaking of movement skills, I usually only put 1 point in them (or 1 point is already there by default) but Colossus shoulder charge is so good that im tempted to buff it. Whats the word on his lvl 42 charge spell, any good? it sounds silly, I assume you hold the button down and he runs around barreling mobs?

edit: also is it me or is colossus roar signature a homage to the konami x-men arcade game?

the only costume I ever got (granted this was back on release so they might have changed it) was before 60...hell I didnt have any 60s on release :) I think they are just very very...very rare

Xevren

Hoping for a costume drop will probably result in you getting disappointed, may want to hope for a unique.

After not getting any uniques, got 4 in the last 30 minutes, so I have all of Hawkeyes now. Ahhhh yeah!

Definitely. I've gotten a few drops and none of my characters are 60.

They really did a good job with the Hawkeye (or should I say Kate) review. I'm having a blast with him. Granted I didnt play him all that much before the review and the bulk of my time with him was in the beta ages ago, but hes so fun right now.

Rhaknar

Strangely jonesing to play Hawkeye, was really enjoying him since getting the turret. Might split my time between Colossus and Hawkeye. And of course Crawler is coming out soon

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Give up the dream, dude. Don't expect one to drop, ever, and be pleasantly surprised IF one does.

I'm finding him a bit less durable than I thought, but I'm leveling so fast with the boosts going on right now, that a big factor is that I'm simply very behind on a few gear slots, and I've been focusing on damage abilities and neglecting his +DEF and Block ones. He has good 1 point wonders too, like a CC break, which is almost necessary on everyone now. His new ultimate is super bad-ass as well.

He lacks any passive health regen or life on hit on any of his skills. This makes him wear down very quickly compared to many heroes because he has no passive health sustain. I personally think it's really stupid, but characters cannot survive on mitigation alone in this game, and you really have to go out of your way to get a lot of regen and life on hit.

inky

He lacks any passive health regen or life on hit on any of his skills. This makes him wear down very quickly compared to many heroes because he has no passive health sustain. I personally think it's really stupid, but characters cannot survive on mitigation alone in this game, and you really have to go out of your way to get a lot of regen and life on hit.

That's right. Super Soldier Serum is kind of a must on him. Fist of Farallah is good too if you are going dodge as well. I tend to forget passive regen comes from the Durability stat. They need to get on that stat rework soon.

They also need to bring back the costume cores with life leech. They were great, but I could only collect very few of them.

Rhaknar

That's right. Super Soldier Serum is kind of a must on him. Fist of Farallah is good too if you are going dodge as well. I tend to forget passive regen comes from the Durability stat. They need to get on that stat rework soon.

They also need to bring back the costume cores with life leech. They were great, but I could only collect very few of them.

What character are you guys talking about? Because i find the lack of self heals on colossus a pain compared to ms marvel

Lord Phol

What character are you guys talking about? Because i find the lack of self heals on colossus a pain compared to ms marvel

Pretty sure they are talking about Captain America. I have to agree though. If you want to survive in this game you need some kind of healing, and the heroes that don't have this built into their powers usually require more effort in gearing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Marvel's insistence on adherence to lore simply means not every character is created equal. Ms Marvel has a ton of passive defense, crit rating and health regen. Gearing her is whatever, barely matters. Cap can be pretty durable, but requires more careful gear selection.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
have my ghost rider to 20.. what a bizarre mix of psuedo-range/psuedo-melee. Still, he's actually REALLY fun to play except for total lack of healing so far. I know I get the one where he heals standing in Inferno... but until then, it's the first hero (Scarlet Witch and Deadpool) where I return to base to sell, go back int he field and I'm like "whoa.......... I don't heal? fuck.."

Lord Phol

have my ghost rider to 20.. what a bizarre mix of psuedo-range/psuedo-melee. Still, he's actually REALLY fun to play except for total lack of healing so far. I know I get the one where he heals standing in Inferno... but until then, it's the first hero (Scarlet Witch and Deadpool) where I return to base to sell, go back int he field and I'm like "whoa.......... I don't heal? fuck.."

Yeah he's kind of like that before you get Infernal Will, but trust me he will be godly after. I got 60k health regen/minute on my lvl 60 GR when standing inside Inferno atm. Add health on hit from the Lemuria Relic and his passive that makes him take less damage the lower your health is, and you got one hell of a TTL.

inky

Those cosmic chests are a fucking joke. Totally not worth the time to kill HP bloated regular enemies....

One blue and one green + some credits not enough for ya bro? I was going to spit out a med-pack too, but not with that attitude.

/cosmic chest

:p

Ploid 3.0

I got Dead Pool with my random which was the most perfect random I ever got. I have been wanting him since I got his Ultimate Deadpool costume. Now to get another flaming head or something.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I got Dead Pool with my random which was the most perfect random I ever got. I have been wanting him since I got his Ultimate Deadpool costume. Now to get another flaming head or something.

he was my first random ever and I was like "GREATEST. F2P SYSTEM. EVAAARRR!!!!"

Then I got two dupes (from a possible 9).

fuck.

currently about 300 toward someone. Will either grab cyclops, or pay cash for cyclops and keep saving toward spider-man.

Rhaknar

I cannot settle on a 6th 20pointer for Colossus. Basically I need another dps spell and I cant settle on one. Roar and Titanic Slam are non negotiable as I love both, then its 2 on wolvie and magik (eventually, I dont have her yet, but I like to plan my specs in advance), with 20 in bulwark of steel as I like to be at least semi-tanky leaving 20 for...something.

I was sure it would be Steel Cyclone but the range on it is crap, the hit detection seems wonky and it drains too much spirit for the little damage it does. Colossal Punch does a lot of damage but its a punch, so its boring as shit and my stand on flashiness over effectiveness is well documented by now (lol) which leave Siberian Express, which I tried from gear and it was...ok? Granted I havent tried it with all the points in, but like the Cyclone, it drains spirit and you move around which kinda annoys me. Also it looks silly, and not good silly.

I could just go full tank with pets and wack 20 in the tank aura, but I keep forgetting to activate it (seriously those auras should stay on all the time until you either switched to another or switched it off), and I would have no spirit spender then with slam having a 3 sec cooldown and roar a 25sec cd.

Ill probably settle on colossal punch in the end so I have something for single target I guess, and roar/slam for aoe, makes me sad tho :(

edit: FUCK you cant unbind medallions? wanted the 30% ally duration sinister one I have on SG, its the highest % ive seen :(

edit: you know, i COULD wack 20 points in the charge, I hate to put more than 1 point in movement spells, but its my favorite charge in the game (i love the sound) and it does silly damage with just 1 point so I imagine with 20. Would be weird to use for single target tho (awesome for aoe packs) tho

Top Bottom