• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ugh another 2 hour downtime? come on...

edit: at least got my second Ms Marvel unique

edit 2: theres a mind controlled pyro in the shield carrier whe i am, emma can MC bosses now?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a bug.

Downtime will be 45 minutes.

just saw this:

"To make up for the lost time, we'll be live tuning rarity, special item find and experience to 200% until Tuesday, so people can catch up and very likely exceed what they would have achieved. I realize this doesn't make up for everything, but it's something we can do."

so its not just a RIF weekend, its all, nice. I did just level to 58 pretty fast and like I said, I did just find my second unique, so the 200% thing should be active? who knows, i can never tell lol

edit: seems BW is getting a Fear Itself costume with the rework

Black-Widow-SHIELD-Marvel-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-894364.jpeg

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Holy balls, 200% exp? With my synergy, that's like 320%. Plus pots... gonna power level a BUNCH of toons.

Rhaknar

Holy balls, 200% exp? With my synergy, that's like 320%. Plus pots... gonna power level a BUNCH of toons.

think Ill use this to finish Ms Marvel (shes 58 and half so thats nothing) for the 15% xp synergy, then SG (shes 52) for another 10% xp synergy, and then ill start someone new I think (most likely hawkeye)

maybe even get rocket up to 50 (hes 44) just for the second pet synergy

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've taken to afk farming splinters in Ruined Projects. I don't even feel bad about it because I know I'm going to be repaid for all my "effort" with a new Hawkeye token.

I'm like some kind of god damned soothsayer!!!! EFF YOU HAWKEYE I HOPE YOU BURN IN SHIT

why would you want to o_O

Because trying to level a character with your girlfriend is an impossible task with it on. You enter 10-15 Midtown, hit level 15 while she's still at 12.25, then have to wait for her to catch up. Repeat. Or you try leveling two characters at once with her one and give your self a headache trying to switch quickly between two characters constantly.

inky

Anyone else really enjoy some of the music in this game? As weird as it may sound I wouldn't even call it good vg music, but some of the tracks feel like something you would find on 90s superhero beat 'em up game. For example, the track that plays when you are on the Jersey Docks, or some of the more upbeat ones inside treasure rooms or terminals. I usually have something else on, because games like these tend to get repetitive really fast, but every now and then I like listening to the in-game sounds mainly because of those music tracks.

Anyone else really enjoy some of the music in this game? As weird as it may sound I wouldn't even call it good vg music, but some of the tracks feel like something you would find on 90s superhero beat 'em up game. For example, the track that plays when you are on the Jersey Docks, or some of the more upbeat ones inside treasure rooms or terminals. I usually have something else on, because games like these tend to get repetitive really fast, but every now and then I like listening to the in-game sounds mainly because of those music tracks.

I honestly think this is one of the reasons why I get hardcore 90s x-men arcade vibes from the game.

As I have said before to me this game feels like the second coming of that game with a F2P skin.
I know there have been games like Legends and UA but after all of the changes recently I definitely think this is one of the best iterations in the formula.

I wish I were not on a business trip and could play some nightcrawler and take advantage of the bonuses. I didn't even get to take advantage I'd the B1G1 offer!

Oh well! Our baby La Mulana 2 takes precedence!

hitmon

I'm considering getting the advance pack. Were there any other heroes/villains announced besides the list below? Have there been any hints regarding the other 6 heroes?

Confirmed:
Magneto
Starlord
Venom
Nightcrawler
Juggernaut

inky

The rest are:

Silver Surfer
Sue Storm
Moon Knight (coming next after nightcrawler)
Dr. Strange
Psylocke

and any 2 of these: Rogue (almost 100% guaranteed), Blade (which I'm hoping for), Reed Richards, War Machine.

Ice Man is a very faint maybe, but unlikely. Other heroes who might be coming during 2014 are Beast and X-23 but they re not part of the pack because they will be 450g/200 Splinters.

Rhaknar

bit stumped with Hawkeye, on one hand you "have" to get the damage and crit passives, on the other, passives are boring. and his single target spells are boring. I want to get something that complements the gas arrow, but neither explosive nor electric seem that good. Rocket arrow seems good single target damage but the game is too aoe centric.

Also im having HUGE spirit problems, by far the most of any character Ive played. And both the turret arrow and the healing arrow arent until late levels.

Rhaknar

well, review or no review, not feeling Hawkeye at all, as expected to be fair. First hero that I havent enjoyed playing :/

Got Colossus to level 51. He's pretty fun but I was suprized at how crappy his summon Magik ability was. She is a high level power (level 47?), only hangs around for 20 seconds and hardly does any damage. I cant see the point of her.
Oh well, Colossus works well as pure melee and his free roaming shoulder charge move is pretty fun. Some beefy sound effects for when it hits someone, would be nice though.

Xevren

well, review or no review, not feeling Hawkeye at all, as expected to be fair. First hero that I havent enjoyed playing :/

Yeah...I enjoy him now than before the review but he's not my favorite. Once you get some decent gear though it's pretty nice. Crit city!

shock33

I assume the australian stuff will remain? Was going to hoard it to level the enchanter when they add it for the uru forged stuff (got some uru forged gauntlets in x-defense earlier)

EDIT - By remain, I mean if I keep it in the stash I'll be able to use it later

Explosive arrow is actually really good at aoe. That, tear gas and his signature will cover your all your aoe needs, and his triple arrow basic helps a lot too particularly when you get a lot of ranks in his piercing passive. And if you don't like single target skills like three round burst try wave of arrows. Not sure how he is leveling up but at 60 he has a good variety of skills to use for all situations. He's also one of those characters where positioning makes all the difference.

I assume the australian stuff will remain? Was going to hoard it to level the enchanter when they add it for the uru forged stuff (got some uru forged gauntlets in x-defense earlier)

You can level the enchanter now. To answer your question though yeah they'll still remain in your stash.

Rhaknar

holy shit Hawkeye turret is fucking amazing. And his lunge movement is much better than the stupid roll, these 2 things are making me really liking the character now, no joke.

I still need something to complement gas arrow, electric one is shit even tho i like the look of it, and I might go pym twin arrow for spirit instead of the normal basic even if the damage is like half of it

Ploid 3.0

holy shit Hawkeye turret is fucking amazing. And his lunge movement is much better than the stupid roll, these 2 things are making me really liking the character now, no joke.

I still need something to complement gas arrow, electric one is shit even tho i like the look of it, and I might go pym twin arrow for spirit instead of the normal basic even if the damage is like half of it

Explosive arrow!

When you get level 40 explosive arrow and level 40 World's Greatest Archer you will be able to pierce 100% and aoe explode each pierced mob. Imagine a group of mobs, you will be able to create a chain reaction in that ball. Boom boomboomboom--boom----boom ----------- boom

It's server side so it won't show up in your stats, but it's there.

Oh, thanks. I was slacking since I didn't see the buff. Now I better work on those levels.

hitmon

Got my first level 60 character! I guess I should level until the bar is maxed with this bonus xp going on. Is 60 max level?

god i hate the game crashing during a massive doom bot wave in x-def
this has happened a number of times to me, maybe my PC can't handle it but basically it goes down to like one frame every 5-10 secs and then eventually zero frames and then an error comes up and game crashes

i just missed an epic doom bot wave because of it, it was like wave 12 and was going to be a massive loot pinata

Got my first level 60 character! I guess I should level until the bar is maxed with this bonus xp going on. Is 60 max level?
the bar after you hit 60 does nothing when you max it
i'd just start on your next hero or farm some other stuff

Rhaknar

just got Colossus to 30 and I love him, next to 60 i think, sorry Hawkeye

Ploid 3.0

Hawkeye at 48 now, he's eating things up faster than any other character I had.

Explosive arrows and screeching arrow with the piercing is a nice combo. The turret arrow is great too, 40 second cooldown though? Iron Man's signature isn't that long I think.

Hawkeye at 48 now, he's eating things up faster than any other character I had.

Explosive arrows and screeching arrow with the piercing is a nice combo. The turret arrow is great too, 40 second cooldown though? Iron Man's signature isn't that long I think.
i read in chat someone said Hawkeye has the worst spirit problems he's had so for with a hero. Are they that bad or are you handling it fine?

Xevren

i read in chat someone said Hawkeye has the worst spirit problems he's had so for with a hero. Are they that bad or are you handling it fine?

I have nearly 20 characters, definitely the worst in regards to spirit problems that I've played. Twin pym basic can give you some but very little, used an art just so I can get some added spirit from time to time. I have more issues just staying alive more than anything with him, he just seems to die so quickly.

CoLaN

I am stunned by how much the game has improved since few months ago. It seriously deserves new reviews, i just finished a couple hours session and i had a blast.

Ploid 3.0

I keep spamming pym arrow while throwing out the explosive arrow. The arrow is more effective in groups of enemies. I wonder if pym arrow also stack spirit gain depending on how many enemies it hits when it pierce. The fire rate is very fast also.

Yeah he's squishy. I have the defense and hp relic, wish I could have used the hp on hit relic but I already gave that one to another hero.

Shrieking arrow > poison arrow > light them up explosive for big packs of enemies. Currently I'm at about 58+ chance to pierce enemies.

Edit: Seems that I don't have much spirit problems with Hawkeye. Just did a few legendaries and my spirit goes up pretty fast, though I do have a odin blessing on one of my artifacts.

What is everyone's opinion on the value of Uru items? Yeah they're new and shiny but they only give bonuses comparable to mid-ranged artifacts. I'm looking to trade for an energy one but I'm not sure what to offer for one.

Ploid 3.0

I got a mental one. I can use it but I'm hoping a physical one drops. Right now they are just base stats, soon the enchanter will be able to add more stats. It's probably not worth paying a lot for right now, everyone will end up with what they are looking for before the system is fleshed out. The runes are going to be the expensive rare thing.

Rhaknar

just bought Spider-Man with splinters and he is a 52 review character, I did not know that.

Lord Phol

just bought Spider-Man with splinters and he is a 52 review character, I did not know that.
The more you know!
Apparently they are redoing his uppercut power with a new animation. Makes me happy that they continue working on heroes even after their review.

One of my biggest fears when this game launched was that they would just leave the old heroes behind when releasing new ones, but so far I've been pleasantly suprised to found out it's the opposite!

Top Bottom