• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

The installer - patcher is the biggest piece of crap I've seen in a while. They need to fix this. It shouldn't take hours to download a patch.

I like the ps2 marvel arpg games better than this game. It is just overly simplified. I can see myself playing for a few weeks. Want to see how the end game content works out.

Name is Lactose ingame.

Hulk vs Thor, who would win?
Squirrel Girl
Always knew you had good taste. :D

You should add the link to install the game via steam as well as this: https://marvelheroes.com/011011010110100011 it's the page that loads up when you open the bitraider launcher.

Also AdawgDaFAB is my nick in game too. You can add me to the list.

The installer - patcher is the biggest piece of crap I've seen in a while. They need to fix this. It shouldn't take hours to download a patch.
They did, they put it on steam.

LuuKyK

Always knew you had good taste. :D

You should add the link to install the game via steam as well as this: https://marvelheroes.com/011011010110100011 it's the page that loads up when you open the bitraider launcher.

Also AdawgDaFAB is my nick in game too. You can add me to the list.

They did, they put it on steam.

I clicked in that link but... what now? It just shows the downloader main screen as a website. I have the game already downloaded btw, but is the download faster on Steam? I might redownload it if so...

Moatman

Didn't see it mentioned but you can pick 1 free starter character and then, at the end of the tutorial, you get a randomized second starter character from the remaining 4.

Pretty psyched, been playing a bunch of the open and closed beta, ordered the Avengers Assemble premium pack. Still a bit buggy and too many nerfs being thrown around, but hopefully they get things worked out soon.

I'm glad they improved the loot in the chests. It wasnt even worth going into the little hidden areas before because the loot was so shit (sometimes they were even empty lmao).

Lord Phol

Nice OP and honest FAQ, like it!

Bought the Superstar-Pack, but will most likely be playing Cable until Nova releases.
Alias in-game is Phol.

RPGCrazied

Will play. Anyone that has been in the beta, what does the video options look like? I hate games with limited to 0 options. I can never get stuff to work in my ati CCC, it always has to be through in-game options.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are we at the point yet if I unlock stuff I keep it? The game reset so many times during beta that I lost interest

Subxero

I'm glad they improved the loot in the chests. It wasnt even worth going into the little hidden areas before because the loot was so shit (sometimes they were even empty lmao).

I reported the empty chests as bugs. I played about 12 hours worth and only had 2-3 of those chest spit out money and a grey item.

I reported the empty chests as bugs. I played about 12 hours worth and only had 2-3 of those chest spit out money and a grey item.

I usually get blues and purples now. Hasnt happened to me yet but theres a guy in the forums that posted a picture of a couple of artifacts obtained from the chests.

Lord Phol

I usually get blues and purples now. Hasnt happened to me yet but theres a guy in the forums that posted a picture of a couple of artifacts obtained from the chests.

Aw yeah! Been waiting for this. Anyone know if there was any G increase today/after the latest patch? Really wanna try out Black Panther before launch :d.

inky

Didn't see it mentioned but you can pick 1 free starter character and then, at the end of the tutorial, you get a randomized second starter character from the remaining 4.

It's in the FAQ =) I expect the free to play players to keep making accounts until they get the 2 they want. They should probably just let you choose. Also, I got a character as a reward for beating the story for the first time. I haven't seen anyone mention it yet or if it will be final, but it would be pretty cool.

I got the Avengers pack too.

Are we at the point yet if I unlock stuff I keep it? The game reset so many times during beta that I lost interest

Not yet. There will be one final wipe at the end of the week to get ready for Early Access. From there on no more wipes.

Will play. Anyone that has been in the beta, what does the video options look like? I hate games with limited to 0 options. I can never get stuff to work in my ati CCC, it always has to be through in-game options.

They are not great. Right now it is just a "Graphic Level" slider with no individual options to tweak other than V-Sync. It has been requested several times on the forums but I don't know if it is coming. It is sorely needed.

If you see that I keep missing your name for the OP list or something just send me a PM. I can be dumb like that.

I clicked in that link but... what now? It just shows the downloader main screen as a website. I have the game already downloaded btw, but is the download faster on Steam? I might redownload it if so...
Yeah, that's what it is. When you launch the game via Steam it boots straight to login, no client manager screen. I use that page to check for current patch news and server status (this all likely won't be much of an issue once the game exits beta).

If you go here http://steamdb.info/app/226320/ and then click on the logo it should launch the installer for Steam.

Is there anyway to rebind the hold key which is shift to something else? I checked the config file and couldn't find it. All I saw was pressed/unpressed shift key in there.

Moatman

Is there anyway to rebind the hold key which is shift to something else? I checked the config file and couldn't find it. All I saw was pressed/unpressed shift key in there.
Not yet, can't rebind alt(show items) or control(show player info) yet either, hoping they flesh out the options more.

F1-F6 are used interestingly(and can be rebound), you can hockey abilities in your powers screen and pressing the function key will change left or right mouse button, depending on if it's a basic ability or not. Usually only the left mouse can be a basic power, but not all...wish I knew the criteria.

Lord Phol

Loots drops have really improved this patch and chests are alot more fun opening, all ready got 2 purples and some blues, lvl 10 black panther :3.

So apparently Gazillion made a mistake and sent me another Closed Beta key after I emailed them about it yesterday. If anyone still wants it, just quote this post

Moatman

still hasnt. figures the one day i can play it and it wont update to the current patch.

Right click on it in your steam library, go to properties. On the Update tab, check to see if it's automatic or manual. Even if it's automatic, change it to manual and then back to auto, should "force" an update check.

inky

Newest Fortune Card test:

Hy5kULL.gif

The ones that disappear are the instantly applied boosts:

400% Bonus rarity items (5 stacks) 30 mins
352% Bonus XP (3 stacks) 30 mins

Um, yea... As it stands now, if you have money to burn just buy a costume or something.

Newest Fortune Card test:

Hy5kULL.gif

The ones that disappear are the instantly applied boosts:

400% Bonus rarity items (5 stacks) 30 mins
352% Bonus XP (3 stacks) 30 mins

Um, yea... As it stands now, if you have money to burn just buy a costume or something.

Can you get artifacts as drops? I spent 3k last night on cards trying to get artifacts to add to my pirate deadpool costume. I got one but it's just like swirling sparkles, I wanted fire. :(

inky

You can only get cosmetic artifacts from cards. I assume the one you wanted is the head flame thingy there in mi gif? (I can give it to you now if you msg me in game).

There's one non-cosmetic artifact that creates a ring of fire around your character too. I should also say that during those 30 minutes I had +400 rarity find I didn't find a single purple =(

Kysel

My name is Kyderman, add me in please :)

I have the Iron Man movie star pack, but damn, he has been nerfed so hard that I may have to buy a new hero to play until they sort him out :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How viable was Rocket Raccoon in the beta? I was thinking of picking up the Jean Grey/Thor/Rocket Raccoon/Cyclops pack, but if he's a bad...Also, is there no Hawkeye pack?

inky

Founders program to end on the 3rd of july.

Speaking of testing, I haven't been able to do a lot of it. What are your opinions on Storm Vs Scarlet Witch? I'm not sure who to go with for my starter. What are storms strengths?

Thanks, updated the OP.

Hmm, I see Storm as more of a crowd control/AoE character, while Scarlet Witch to me is more of a debuffer/AoE. I think Scarlet's AoE damage is better, but she is also more squishy and is harder for her to get out of dangerous situations. Storm has better group control with knock-backs and slows, and some party utility too. I played them a few patches ago, so I don't know how much this has changed.

How viable was Rocket Raccoon in the beta? I was thinking of picking up the Jean Grey/Thor/Rocket Raccoon/Cyclops pack, but if he's a bad...Also, is there no Hawkeye pack?

He is viable I think, and I had fun with him. He used to be literally broken, because he could stack up to 100% dodge and his barrage was easily abused, but that has been fixed I think. He starts kind of slow, and his turrets are underwhelming. Starter heroes don't get packs due to being free.

Also, Boom:

taskmaster4luz2.gif

Sorry for the big gif. (I'm playing with gif cam today as you can probably guess).

Scirrocco

Thanks, updated the OP.

Hmm, I see Storm as more of a crowd control/AoE character, while Scarlet Witch to me is more of a debuffer/AoE. I think Scarlet's AoE damage is better, but she is also more squishy and is harder for her to get out of dangerous situations. Storm has better group control with knock-backs and slows, and some party utility too. I played them a few patches ago, so I don't know how much this has changed.

I played Scarlet Witch briefly, and found that pretty much true. I was trying to get some more info on storm. I'm still probably going to use a throwaway account and do some testing on Storm before I choose though.

Tendo

Cant' settle on a character :/ Loving Rocket Raccoon's look but just don't feel useful. I'm not sure how I should be using him. Hulk is super fun! I love the physics when he finishes people off.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Solo'ing bosses is so much fun. Wish you could do it to more of 'em.

Venom in particular. Outside of the cutscene, I can't rightly say I've ever SEEN him. I've "beaten" him, sure. But never really seen him.

Top Bottom